Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

The growing trend for people to get their stories in the media for 'nothing' stories.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5307810/asda-shopper-car-parking-fine-visit-supermarket-twice-day/

This guy went to asda twice in one day and they sent him a fine saying he had been there over 3 hours.

The company involved obviously accepted it was a mistake and cancelled the charge.

It happened to me once in Tesco, i went in the morning on way to work and then again on way home, got a £100 fine, what did i do? Contact them and say i think you have made a mistake, or get my picture in the paper looking depressed about it?

Jeez, mistakes happen get on with it. These people probably think they are going to get some 'compo' by going to the press because of all the stress it caused. FFS get a life.

32 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

The growing trend for people to get their stories in the media for 'nothing' stories.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5307810/asda-shopper-car-parking-fine-visit-supermarket-twice-day/

This guy went to asda twice in one day and they sent him a fine saying he had been there over 3 hours.

The company involved obviously accepted it was a mistake and cancelled the charge.

It happened to me once in Tesco, i went in the morning on way to work and then again on way home, got a £100 fine, what did i do? Contact them and say i think you have made a mistake, or get my picture in the paper looking depressed about it?

Jeez, mistakes happen get on with it. These people probably think they are going to get some 'compo' by going to the press because of all the stress it caused. FFS get a life.

That's the state of local print media though isn't it? They are so desperate for content they will literally publish anything.

Then they will try and publish follow-up stories, just to drive clicks and therefore ad-revenue. What's the betting they follow that story with a story about the online reaction to the story? Haha - it's painful!

A mate has got an ongoing project to get the DET to publish any old rubbish and he's had quite a few decent hits. Sadly I can't tell you what they are as it might wreck future plans, but he had one story that ran for a whole week and generated 5 different articles

1) he made up a completely fictitious rumour - which they published
2) then a story about the online reaction to the rumour
3) then a story about how the subject of the rumour didn't know anything about it
4) then a story about how they couldn't track down a definitive source that could say if the rumour  was true or not
5) then a story about how they finally DID track down a definitive source and they categorically stated that the rumour was false

:lol:

15 minutes ago, StivePesley said:

That's the state of local print media though isn't it? They are so desperate for content they will literally publish anything.

Then they will try and publish follow-up stories, just to drive clicks and therefore ad-revenue. What's the betting they follow that story with a story about the online reaction to the story? Haha - it's painful!

A mate has got an ongoing project to get the DET to publish any old rubbish and he's had quite a few decent hits. Sadly I can't tell you what they are as it might wreck future plans, but he had one story that ran for a whole week and generated 5 different articles

1) he made up a completely fictitious rumour - which they published
2) then a story about the online reaction to the rumour
3) then a story about how the subject of the rumour didn't know anything about it
4) then a story about how they couldn't track down a definitive source that could say if the rumour  was true or not
5) then a story about how they finally DID track down a definitive source and they categorically stated that the rumour was false

:lol:

Can’t believe he started the rumours about Rowett to Stoke!

Management gobbledygook speak. Picked up like sheep by all the people who inhabit that world, especially those who like to refer to themselves as 'entrepreneurs'.

Recently got a phone call from one talking about whether my business could help her. After less than ten seconds from her, which started with "I'm reaching out to you" and finishing with "get my back" I ended the call as soon as possible.

Just talk English and don't use ridiculous  management-speak phrases  just because other people like you continually use them

Here's another nauseating habit that a lot in the business/media world have got themselves into

Just listen when someone in business (generally those southern based) or media gets asked a question.

Their response invariably starts with ;

"So, blah blah, blah....."

What is the So bit ? So irritating. 

Just listen to them. Everything they say starts with "So..."

Slightly irrational I know but it hugely grates with me . Its probably the sheep thing - they hear it once then think its the way to do it

34 minutes ago, BobbyD said:

Here's another nauseating habit that a lot in the business/media world have got themselves into

Just listen when someone in business (generally those southern based) or media gets asked a question.

Slightly irrational I know but it hugely grates with me . Its probably the sheep thing - they hear it once then think its the way to do it

I've already put this one into the random stuff that annoys me....and it is still driving me mad as it spreads!!!

2 hours ago, BobbyD said:

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I've already put this one into the random stuff that annoys me....and it is still driving me mad as it spreads!!!

So, it is nice to see that you guys are in agreement on this.

11 hours ago, JoetheRam said:

When you answer the phone at work for someone else, and ask to take a message and the response is "perhaps you can help me". No, you ******* moron if I could help, I'd be doing his job for his rate of pay.

Perhaps you should leave the answering of phones to other people...

7 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

The way my dentist answers the phone...

"Glendale Dental Surgery, Doris speaking and I'm here to help..."

Wtf?

2 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Glendale, California?!

Does the phone call end with?"Have a nice day. Missing you already."

Edited by Steve How Hard?

16 minutes ago, Parsnip said:

The way my dentist answers the phone...

"Glendale Dental Surgery, Doris speaking and I'm here to help..."

Wtf?

Agree...especially when his name is Dave.