Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

The how did we do most companies seem to do now, and its only so they can all pat themselves on the back with the high scores etc.

I have a number of times on feedback given negative comments and asked them to feedback to me their views on my comments and heard nothing, this makes me think they totally ignore the 'comments' section and the scores are just churned out.

I don't mind giving feedback, positive feedback that is, if i feel someone has been really helpful, if its going to help them with their pdr's etc then im happy to do it, i wont give negative feedback about an individual no matter how crap i thought they were, only about an establishment in general.

Can't speak for other companies but negative feedback is most welcome where I work. Believe me it is not ignored and almost always acted on. We use a system called Net Promoter and everything is analysed. 

'How did we do?'. A couple of years ago I had occaision to do a little food shopping in a Waitrose store whilst on holiday. The woman on the till was objectionable to the point of rudeness. Then, half the next customer's shopping was whizzing down while we were still trying to pack our bags.

On the till receipt it asked 'How did we do?' so I went on-line and told them in no uncertain terms. I'm still waiting for a response to suggest they even received the feedback.

Road signs in Welsh and English. So confusing, it's dangerous. You come across a temporary road sign warning (possibly) of dangers ahead or road closures, and you have to do a double take. Sometimes the English is at the top, othertimes not.

By which time you're probably past the sign anyway. Always difficult to slow down sufficiently to read it thoroughly as there will always be the inevitable BMW/AUDI/VW up your arse, a prerequisite of driving on Britains roads.

Surely there aren't any Welsh drivers on the road who can't read English. I appreciate it's probably a good thing to preserve the Welsh language but this is just political madness.

Yes, I've just been to Chester.

On 15/11/2017 at 07:48, Moist One said:

Two things:-

Being an Emotional T***!

Yesterday, a lad who I've worked with and taken under my wing left work to go and work somewhere else. Part way through the day, I had to leave to go to a meeting on another site, and got up to go and say goodbye and wish him luck. I got about 6 steps from my desk, and realised I was welling up and teary eyed, and had to turn around and sit down to compose myself! I ended up composing myself enough to wade in for a quick handshake and a "I've got to go mate, good luck yeah", before spinning on my heels and stomping out fighting back tears! I'm 41 years old FFS! 

To be fair, in my 25 working years, he's possibly the best character and funniest lad I've ever worked with and I will miss him. The kind of lad you'd be happy your daughter bought home. Wish him the best, but cannot believe how gutted and emotional I was. There is also a vacancy under my wing now!

"How did we do?"

Why the hell is it that I cannot buy anything online now without it being followed up with a request to review it? I renewed car insurance and had the request to let them know how they did, before I got the insurance documents! I ordered a birthday card, delivered directly to the person who's birthday it was, yet Moonpig email me to ask me if I am happy with the card? I had it delivered somewhere else you morons! Grrrrr. I've spent my money on your service, now leave me alone. If you want me to do something for you, you should pay me!

Never be ashamed of showing love for a fellow human being.

If you want to cry, cry. There’s no shame in showing emotion.

It’s the ones that bottle it up that are screwed up. All that repressed anger and sadness. 

I think it’s great that you acknowledge you will miss him.

9 hours ago, mozza said:

Electricians who think they are tradesman, they just chase out walls and bang a bit of wire down a wall,  connect a wall socket (nine times out of ten out of level) they are totally incapable of patching the chase anorl,  wheres the skill in that,  and as for plumbers..

Didn’t dare tag him though did you!

@Boycie I’m here for you.

When you fitting me an outside socket ?

When businesses cant organise themselves.

Been to Nottingham Christmas Market today, ok i know its only the 2nd day BUT.... booked tickets for ICEBAR for 12.30, you only get 25 minutes anyway, so still stood waiting to get in at 12.40 doesnt go down well. When inside you get tokens for drinks, 1 token = half a beer etc, girl behind the bar tries to charge me 2 tokens, told her thats not right, she says 'well i havent been told yet'.....bloke next to me chimes up as hes been charges 2 tokens for a beer....

Go next door to the pub for a drink and a meal, menus on the table. Ask a bloke working there do we order at the bar or ?, he says..we havent had our training yet so no food....

Then you have to pay a £1 deposit on each glass (plastic glass), he says just drop them off downstairs and they will give it you back...so im dropping them off and they are demanding the receipt...im arguing he never told me i needed it...why does it matter ibve got 2 glasses just give me my blooming £2...

2 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

When businesses cant organise themselves.

Been to Nottingham Christmas Market today, ok i know its only the 2nd day BUT.... booked tickets for ICEBAR for 12.30, you only get 25 minutes anyway, so still stood waiting to get in at 12.40 doesnt go down well. When inside you get tokens for drinks, 1 token = half a beer etc, girl behind the bar tries to charge me 2 tokens, told her thats not right, she says 'well i havent been told yet'.....bloke next to me chimes up as hes been charges 2 tokens for a beer....

Go next door to the pub for a drink and a meal, menus on the table. Ask a bloke working there do we order at the bar or ?, he says..we havent had our training yet so no food....

Then you have to pay a £1 deposit on each glass (plastic glass), he says just drop them off downstairs and they will give it you back...so im dropping them off and they are demanding the receipt...im arguing he never told me i needed it...why does it matter ibve got 2 glasses just give me my blooming £2...

Being in Nottingham then you should know that the whole place is shambolic. 

3 hours ago, Steve How Hard? said:

Being in Nottingham then you should know that the whole place is shambolic. 

Went to the Christmas light switch on, what an abomination. The crowd was like  a Jeremy Kyle audition, some tramp singing a song that got to number 18 in the charts 3 years ago and when thy pushed the button the lights didn’t come on for about 5 minutes after :lol:.. felt itchy and dirty when I got home :unsure: