Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

On 10/01/2018 at 10:48, Paul71 said:

The growing trend for people to get their stories in the media for 'nothing' stories.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5307810/asda-shopper-car-parking-fine-visit-supermarket-twice-day/

This guy went to asda twice in one day and they sent him a fine saying he had been there over 3 hours.

The company involved obviously accepted it was a mistake and cancelled the charge.

It happened to me once in Tesco, i went in the morning on way to work and then again on way home, got a £100 fine, what did i do? Contact them and say i think you have made a mistake, or get my picture in the paper looking depressed about it?

Jeez, mistakes happen get on with it. These people probably think they are going to get some 'compo' by going to the press because of all the stress it caused. FFS get a life.

And today's "nothing" story. 22 year old girl stays 2 seconds longer in a car park in Burton than she's allowed. Gets  £100 fine, appeals to the Car park company and gets the fine cancelled. 

Her next move: tell the Daily Mail and get her gob in the paper..........the 5 selfies with her duck pout and low plunging tops are obviously a way for her to tell the horrific story......

The way American media use days of the week in the same way as the word "today".

E.g. "Friday President Trump made an ass of himself again, he was responding to comments made by Kim Jong Un Thursday, join us Sunday for an exclusive interview".

Did the word "on" not make it across the Atlantic? Even more annoying in print.

5 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

Getting into work this morning & our bin had blown over in the car park. Out of it had rolled.......

... a mcDonalds coffee cup with a turd in it.

I kid you not.

a mcDonalds coffee cup? Thats disgusting.

3 hours ago, Wolfie said:

Getting into work this morning & our bin had blown over in the car park. Out of it had rolled.......

... a mcDonalds coffee cup with a turd in it.

I kid you not.

I used to keep my wheelie bin at the front of the house, behind a wall, now demolished.

I opened the bin one morning and found a pile of human excrement at the bottom, on some paper, gleaned from caddy at top of said bin. Charming.

John Lewis.

Have taken payment twice before the items have even been delivered. Apparently this is a thing they (and Asda amongst others) do now. Never heard of anything so ludicrous. Better be refunded before bills are due to be paid in 12 days or they are going to be refunding me for the whole order and i'll be keeping the items to boot.

2 hours ago, coneheadjohn said:

Clicked on a link that said “You won’t believe what Dog the Bounty Hunters Wife Looks like now”!(I was bored).

I ended clicking through dozens of pictures of fat people I didn’t know who’ve gone thin but no picture of what his wife actually looks like...what a con!

Worse than that, it was actually "try not to gasp when you see..." :pinch:

Ive said this before but it still annoys me. The word "so" to begin a reply. It's a relatively new thing but why?

I watched The Chase on Friday and one contestant was asked three questions (what do you do, where are you from and what would you if you won) and each reply began with "So......."           Grrrrrr

Selfish motorists. The ones that don't have a clue what zebra crossings mean, and the ones that think 2 seconds after the amber light turns to red it's ok to speed up and pretend it's a green light.

Actually, driving standards in general are deteriorating at an alarming rate. 

13 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

My girlfriend thinking she's Lewis Hamilton on the brakes (breaking far too late for my liking, constantly think she'll plow into the rear end of another vehicle) :lol:

my wife, who as a passenger, thinks all cars are fitted with additional brake actuators on the passenger seat cushion. ( they only work if both sides are squeezed together and coincide with a sharp intake of breath. )