Random stuff that people do that annoy me

Wolfie

Lateness:

Article in the DET about being late:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/special-features/youre-late-youre-selfish--717730

I personally hate being late, usually will be early rather than late. I know sometimes it really cannot be helped, but those that do it all the time really do my head in, i do think its selfish as the article suggests as they think there time is more valuable than others.

My wife has a friend who is ALWAYS late, and I mean always. When they meet up or are going out you know she will be late. So her excuse is 'well you know im always late'

Not long ago they had an afternoon tea booked, my wife was there a few minutes early, by the time her friend was 10 minutes late shes texting me complaining and im telling her just come away and i'll come pick you up, but no shes too politie and her friend turns up 20 minutes late. All she said is well you could have started without me...

My wife gets home and notices at the time she should have been meeting , her friend was posting pictures of her new shoes on facebook.

Totally rude and selfish in my opinion.

6 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Lateness:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/special-features/youre-late-youre-selfish--717730

I personally hate being late, usually will be early rather than late. I know sometimes it really cannot be helped, but those that do it all the time really do my head in, i do think its selfish as the article suggests as they think there time is more valuable than others.

My wife has a friend who is ALWAYS late, and I mean always. When they meet up or are going out you know she will be late. So her excuse is 'well you know im always late'

Not long ago they had an afternoon tea booked, my wife was there a few minutes early, by the time her friend was 10 minutes late shes texting me complaining and im telling her just come away and i'll come pick you up, but no shes too politie and her friend turns up 20 minutes late. All she said is well you could have started without me...

My wife gets home and notices at the time she should have been meeting , her friend was posting pictures of her new shoes on facebook.

Next time arrange a time half hour before the time you actually want to meet at and turn up at the later time. If your friend isn't there leave, If they are casually look at your watch and say to them, unusual for you to arrive early and carry on as if both of you have arrived at the right time.

19 hours ago, Paul71 said:

Lateness:

Right on. I hate this.

Mrs Wolfie recently took an afternoon off work to go shopping with a friend of hers - who ended up being 1.3/4 hours late, with a really rubbish excuse and no apology. This was a lot worse than average but they are consistently 30 mins late whenever we arrange anything for us & our kids to get together - and then do nothing but argue in public when they do show up!

4 hours ago, sage said:

People who slag other professions off when they couldn't do the job and have no idea how difficult it is.

Teaching is easy.. You let them in the classroom, tie then securely to a chair. Shout at them for 90 mins then tell them to go for a piss.

What's so hard?? 

Mrs Angry is a teacher as well.. Easiest job she has ever had. 

Just now, Angry Ram said:

Teaching is easy.. You let them in the classroom, tie then securely to a chair. Shout at them for 90 mins then tell them to go for a piss.

What's so hard?? 

Mrs Angry is a teacher as well.. Easiest job she has ever had. 

Why have you selected teaching?

Dog owners who let their dogs off their leads but cant control them.

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/news/derby-news/cow-attacks-woman-after-dog-770698

I have no issue with well behaved dogs being off their leads, but i think lots of people think their dogs are better behaved than they are, or dont give a toss about others.

Recently my sister was walking her dog (well behaved), its a small dog and was off its lead. Some woman was walking 3 huge dogs which were off their lead and proceeded to attack my sisters dog, fortunately my sister was able to get to her dog by putting herself at risk and kicking the 3 large dogs. I told her she should have taken it further but she was just glad to get away with her dog in one piece, although a few scratches and very frightened.

Its the same when you are out walking sometimes, the amount of times we have had dogs coming and jumping up us, and even worse if they are muddy and the owners just laugh it off. Likewise places like shipley park, having a picnic and you get a marauding dog trying to get at your food. You do get the impression that dog owners think everyone should love their dogs the same as they do.

I just dont get it, yes if you are sure your dog is well behaved then fine, if not keep it on a lead at all times.

2 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

14o9m3r.jpg

These suckers, you can hardly see what bloody light is on. Why? They are so random as well.

And what about those fences that have started popping up as you approach a roundabout?

Some bright spark must have thought one day, 'what can we do to cause more traffic congestion? I know lets put up some fences on islands to prevent people actually seeing if the island is clear on approach so they actually have to come to a full stop'.

13 hours ago, Paul71 said:

And what about those fences that have started popping up as you approach a roundabout?

Some bright spark must have thought one day, 'what can we do to cause more traffic congestion? I know lets put up some fences on islands to prevent people actually seeing if the island is clear on approach so they actually have to come to a full stop'.

Don't make any difference round here as none of the morons know roundabout rules anyway.......

Edited by Boycie
Corrected your word.

Two things:-

Being an Emotional T***!

Yesterday, a lad who I've worked with and taken under my wing left work to go and work somewhere else. Part way through the day, I had to leave to go to a meeting on another site, and got up to go and say goodbye and wish him luck. I got about 6 steps from my desk, and realised I was welling up and teary eyed, and had to turn around and sit down to compose myself! I ended up composing myself enough to wade in for a quick handshake and a "I've got to go mate, good luck yeah", before spinning on my heels and stomping out fighting back tears! I'm 41 years old FFS! 

To be fair, in my 25 working years, he's possibly the best character and funniest lad I've ever worked with and I will miss him. The kind of lad you'd be happy your daughter bought home. Wish him the best, but cannot believe how gutted and emotional I was. There is also a vacancy under my wing now!

"How did we do?"

Why the hell is it that I cannot buy anything online now without it being followed up with a request to review it? I renewed car insurance and had the request to let them know how they did, before I got the insurance documents! I ordered a birthday card, delivered directly to the person who's birthday it was, yet Moonpig email me to ask me if I am happy with the card? I had it delivered somewhere else you morons! Grrrrr. I've spent my money on your service, now leave me alone. If you want me to do something for you, you should pay me!

51 minutes ago, Moist One said:

Being an Emotional T***!

Yesterday, a lad who I've worked with and taken under my wing left work to go and work somewhere else. Part way through the day, I had to leave to go to a meeting on another site, and got up to go and say goodbye and wish him luck. I got about 6 steps from my desk, and realised I was welling up and teary eyed, and had to turn around and sit down to compose myself! I ended up composing myself enough to wade in for a quick handshake and a "I've got to go mate, good luck yeah", before spinning on my heels and stomping out fighting back tears! I'm 41 years old FFS! 

To be fair, in my 25 working years, he's possibly the best character and funniest lad I've ever worked with and I will miss him. The kind of lad you'd be happy your daughter bought home. Wish him the best, but cannot believe how gutted and emotional I was. There is also a vacancy under my wing now!

"How did we do?"

Why the hell is it that I cannot buy anything online now without it being followed up with a request to review it? I renewed car insurance and had the request to let them know how they did, before I got the insurance documents! I ordered a birthday card, delivered directly to the person who's birthday it was, yet Moonpig email me to ask me if I am happy with the card? I had it delivered somewhere else you morons! Grrrrr. I've spent my money on your service, now leave me alone. If you want me to do something for you, you should pay me!

The how did we do most companies seem to do now, and its only so they can all pat themselves on the back with the high scores etc.

I have a number of times on feedback given negative comments and asked them to feedback to me their views on my comments and heard nothing, this makes me think they totally ignore the 'comments' section and the scores are just churned out.

I don't mind giving feedback, positive feedback that is, if i feel someone has been really helpful, if its going to help them with their pdr's etc then im happy to do it, i wont give negative feedback about an individual no matter how crap i thought they were, only about an establishment in general.

2 hours ago, Moist One said:

Being an Emotional T***!

I think someone needs a hug......

Come here you big softie :D

I do know what you mean, though. I'm a bit like that.