Cardiff (H) - Match thread

Eoghan1884

My first game this season, Derby were excellent I thought. Particularly in the first half where some of the once touch passing was very good to watch. Well taken goal, but we did sit back too much in the second half. Every player did his bit and more, shame Ozou is injured for a period though, liked the look of him sitting in front of the defence. A couple of unforced errors from Cashin noticeable, as well as some of the great stuff.

Wow what a miss Ebou, but we still love you 😁

1 minute ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not exactly positive thinking

we’ve recruited well and efficiently. And with that - bar injury crises - I don’t think we’ll even be close to a relegation battle 

There has to be a reasonable expectation that things will level out.

I think just how well we can do will depend on how we perform away from home. We still have questions to answer in that respect.

Most teams expected to find themselves in the bottom half will be reliant on their home form. It will be our ability to pick up points away from home that will make life easier for us.

It’s clear that we should be able to give anyone a good game at Pride Park, but the difference between say a bottom six finish and being comfortable in midtable or higher is being able to go away from home and execute a plan to completion.

So far, we’ve been close to getting two draws but not finding a way to stay composed and close the games out.

Four points v Norwich and QPR will obviously keep us ticking along nicely and we have to be hopeful of that, but how we do v Sheff Utd, Sunderland, and Millwall especially will spell out a lot.

The official Kayden Jackson fan club and the official Callum Elder fan club are both up and running from me. Brilliant starts to the season from both. 

Also think Yates does a thankless job up top in this system but his 2 cute flicks of the ball set up our goal and the brilliant chance for Jackson (ignoring the Ebou effort 😂

Likeable bunch of lads to be fair. 

There were some good performances again, especially further up the pitch.

The More I watch Yates the more I like him, shows a lot of intelligence with the ball linking up play and always seems to be running into the channels for the long balls up to him.

Its a shame about Ozoh but he was giving me a heart attack with the numerous times he was putting us in danger by losing the ball.

When you look at the bench with Wilson still to come back I think we’ll be fine this season as the competition for places will keep standards high.

Ebou. At least we can laugh about it! 

Now for Warne to show what he’s made of in an away game…

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

Not exactly positive thinking

we’ve recruited well and efficiently. And with that - bar injury crises - I don’t think we’ll even be close to a relegation battle 

We have recruited well, and yet for a newly promoted side, staying up is massive. Demanding more just results in unfair expectations. Staying up is a huge success for the club and should be the benchmark for success.

15 minutes ago, Rich3478 said:

We look like a new team this year, totally different to watch. Is really enjoyable.

front three look good, loads of movement, skill and pace. Just need Yates to start scoring! Everything else flying 

wilder looks great, Adams all action as ever!

Roll on next week

Yates is a delicious footballer

lovely touch and awareness  

he has a touch of the chris martins about him in that respect. But whats even better is that hes very mobile too

a frighteningly astute pick up from the club and gaffer

who would have thought it  

Edited by NottsRam77

The effort was there again, and first half we played some great football, and Kenzo scoring a great goal, second half we did sit back, but did not give Cardiff anything, great performances from all the back 4, Kenzo is a joy to watch, Jacko never stops, Yates has great movement and a lovely touch on him, Ebou ran his stocks off and is a must for the midfield , but that miss was the worse in my 45 years of watching the Rams, but who cares, thats 3 home wins this season, 9th home win on the run, and last time we conceded at home was against Reading in a 2-1 victory back in March, so much to be positive about. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

9 minutes ago, ramit said:

Another home win and against a side desperate for points shows that the coaching team and manager are doing something right

Someone forgot to tell their players this, with the lack of desire and desperation being a key point of why they were booed by their own fans.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

4 minutes ago, NottsRam77 said:

Yates is a delicious footballer

lovely touch and awareness  

he has a touch of the chris martins about him in that respect. But whats even better is that hes very mobile too

a frighteningly astute pick up from the club and gaffer

who would have thought it  

Was underwhelmed when signed him but really happy so far!