Bristol City (H) - Match Thread

2 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

Warne in.

Has anyone checked Ozoh's birth certificate to see if he's not actually 29?

Palace fans weren't kidding when they were raving about him getting men's minutes here. As much potential as Mount in his own way. Watch them sell him to a basket case Chelsea next summer for £40m.

That was an amazing result!! I said on the prediction thread that today was as good as any to begin the positivity.

Realistically I thought we would be lucky to win, more likely to lose and a draw would be a welcome point.

And here we are with a brilliant win!!

I hope we get behind this team. There's going to be ups and downs but today we have shown what we are capable of.

Just wish we were more consistent. It would do wonders for my blood pressure.

Thanks to all the DCFC staff, team and the amazing supporters.

I hoped for this result but (say this quietly) I never expected it.

Opening a fine bottle of wine to celebrate. COYR !!! Drunk Happy Hour GIF

On 30/08/2024 at 01:36, Carl Sagan said:

My expectation is actually for a fairly comfortable win. Two or three nil. It often happens when a team plays poorly in the cup, but pulls itself together at the weekend. Plus it will be tough for Knight and Bird coming back.

Maybe I should try the prediction league one of these days? Had £6 in free bets about to expire, so lumped them on this. 

Great win. Come on you beautiful Rams! 

Screenshot_20240831-171025.thumb.png.66d30decb2bb03d1fba121ae72b4a769.png

As much as I miss the days where opposing Championship fans said things like, "beaten by a better side today, no shame in it." when we won, I'm thoroughly enjoying the new, "How the hell did we lose to THAT squad?!" comments. 

Really enjoyable watch today. Good performance, multiple potential Men of The Match. Could have easily been a far larger scoreline, could've also been much tighter without the work of Zetterstrom and the defense. 

Play (after the 20th minute) like that every week and we'll be playing in the Prem next season 🤭 - I'll still take 21st, though, at this time. 

Edited by SaintRam

Very nice. Well done DCFC.

Zetterstrom with some important touches to stop the game turning away from us - after a week where I've been saying the money should have been spent on a striker, I take it back.

Don't think Bristol offered a lot in midfield, gave Goudmijn more time than he's been allowed so far and he really grew into the game and exploited it. Will be very different when he's got someone on him, but he showed much more strength than I expected at times too.

Ozoh. I think from day 1 you could tell he had the ability, but today he also managed to impose himself. By the end you could see the confidence absolutely flowing.

Yates, man of the match for me, those 4 flicks and some of the link up play! He's an sharp player and I second whoever said if we'd brought him in yesterday we'd all be more confident and happy with our signings.

Jackson, somehow our major goal threat, keep it up lad.

We won't do this every week, Bristol are not a Watford/Boro level team, but I really enjoyed that and it shows me we can survive in this league. Might even have what it takes to put a few little runs together and lift us to mid-table. Shame the international break has come along to stop the momentum.

Number of points on the board higher than I expected at this point in time too.

Edited by Rample

Wow what a performance tbat was.

Started off abit shaky with JWZ keeping us in it but a tactical change by Warne midway through the 1st half changed the game.

That is the most dominant midfield display ive seen from us in a long time, they struggled to beat Ozoh & if they did Adams was there sweeping up. No shock really that we over ran a midfield consisting of Bird & Knight

Yates was top class leading the line & Kenzo showed his class... long may performances like that continue!

P.G Wodehouse from the Directors box, as guest of Mrs Clowes.

It was the sort of day that made you feel the world was a pretty decent sort of place after all, rather like a summer fête where the weather behaves itself and the vicar’s had a tot of something to steady the nerves. The Moet corks were popping at full time, with the exuberance of a thousand Roman candles, the kind you might see at the end of a splendid fireworks display, and rightly so, for the chaps under Warne’s command had delivered a performance that would have had even the most stoic of spectators nodding in approval. Gone was the lingering memory of that ghastly business at Barrow, replaced by a display so brimming with vim and vigour that one felt positively exhausted just watching. The defensive quartet—Nyambe, Elder, Nelson, and Cashin—were, it must be said, a veritable wall of granite, with Zetterström between the sticks bounding about like some sort of ballet dancer on a vitamin regime. And what a sight it was to see young Ozoh, charging about the pitch like a gladiator fresh from the Coliseum, thundering the ball into the net with the precision of a marksman. Kenzo’s opener was the sort of goal that would have had the poets scribbling furiously, and Jackson’s follow-up was nothing short of a masterclass in how to hit the thing with gusto. As for Jerry Yates, well, one couldn’t help but feel he was the missing piece in this grand jigsaw, darting about the place and coming perilously close to adding his name to the score sheet. All in all, it was the sort of match that would have had Gussie Fink-Nottle leaping about with unbridled joy, as reinforcements wait in the wings to further bolster this resurgent Rams side. With the clouds parting and the sun shining, things are decidedly on the up for Derby County, and one can only imagine what glorious chapters lie ahead in this rip-roaring tale.