Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

I have never been pro Warne but never have been massively in the anti Warne (Warne Out) camp either, although like many others was teetering during our poor early season run last year. The beginning of season just feels different. I think the majority of fans through goodwill and hope have been overreaching on the positives from the Middlesbrough and Watford games, by rights we should have been well beaten in both. No club has any divine right to think they are too big to go down but it just feels like the step up to Championship level is beyond Warne and his team and they have already  ingrained a survival mentality (which shows in the players in games like tonight). I don’t think players who sign for us are signing up for Derby County the relegation battlers. Clowes backed him last year and was proven to be right but he also made the tough call to drop Rosenior for a manager with Pedigree in L1. I think that’s where we will end up sooner rather than later with Warne.

Personally, don't much care about this cup and don't really mind that we're out. What I do mind about is the ominous levels of performance at the start of this season. So far this season we've had a lot of excuses going around about being underdogs, which is fine, however underdogs can still play with a bit of endeavour. Obviously tonight we were just s***. I can't stomach this level of football all season. Things need to improve pretty damn quick. I hope Clowes will be proactive if necessary.