Barrow (A) - Match Thread

Sean

7 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

I think if we’re being honest: the first 60 minutes have been a chaotic and concerning performance. 

The lack of speed in defence, means our starting position is so incredibly deep even against Barrow. Objectively, and constructively, the team lacks depth and quality. The team needs help, it desperately needs quality. 

Yeah our dropping off is worrying, as is our inability to pass out of defence. 

On another note, a very bad foul from NML but he gets away with just a booking. Miserable might really. 

Nyambe coming on for Ward. Tactical genius? 

19 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

The main reason to do it will likely be the early booking. Can't risk going down to 10 men. A shame as he looked capable of opening them up. 

He got a booking for kicking the ball away, petulant. Didn't see much about him against league 2 opposition, but it's very early doors. 

Just now, jimbo jones said:

Barrow pass the ball better than we do, which is quite the concern.

We make no real attempt to pass the ball. We're set up to punt it down the wings after we sit back and soak up the pressure. Problem we have here is we are so one dimensional that if the opposition don't really apply any pressure we can't enact game plan A and we have no plan B. Resulting in Exhibit A the most turgid game of football I think I've ever witnessed.