Marvin Johnson

BWRam

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

Could be as simple as putting an enquiry in as an option if others don't come off. Can't imagine he's high on the list but you need backups upon backups on your shortlist

This is a good point, all the stuff involving Wednesday seems to leak as well- Smith, Gregory, Johnson last time etc. You could be spot on and it could be as trivial as we've made a vague enquiry which someone on the Wednesday end has mentioned to the press, and here we are.

Witcoop seems like the type of journalist agents are using to drum up interest in players, to be honest. I may not be his biggest fan, but there's a reason journos like Percy doesn't post this type of rumour until things are more concrete...

3 hours ago, Srg said:

Seems like a rehash of someone we wanted last year. Can't imagine we would want someone his age, surely?!

Lord alone knows whether we are actually interested or whether this is just agent/wendies idle chatter but it feels to me that in terms of our general recruitment strategy we have one main objective this year, to stay up, just as last year’s was to go up.  We stay up and then start to generate the income to become established.
That doesn’t mean that we can’t seek to reduce the average age of the squad by recruiting younger players (because that might also give us increased athleticism and physicality) but it also means that a particular older player might also suit a short term objective. 

And believe me, 34 is no age!

3 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

How many of these 30+ year old strikers have Wednesday got? maybe we could get a job lot

Don’t worry he’s no striker just an odd job for the left hand side 👍

Painful reading some of the responses on this site recently. Genuinely don’t know what fans expect. We’ve just been promoted & clearly trying to deal within our means after what happened to us.

Johnson would be a good signing. Good championship player & allow us to switch between Warnes 2 preferred formations. A massive upgrade on Elder. I suggest a few reacting negatively read the Wednesday fan comments on him. All be very sad to see him go.

2 minutes ago, Ramdale said:

Painful reading some of the responses on this site recently. Genuinely don’t know what fans expect. We’ve just been promoted & clearly trying to deal within our means after what happened to us.

Johnson would be a good signing. Good championship player & allow us to switch between Warnes 2 preferred formations. A massive upgrade on Elder. I suggest a few reacting negatively read the Wednesday fan comments on him. All be very sad to see him go.

I agree with most of that but saying he is a massive upgrade on elder is ludicrous 

7 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

I agree with most of that but saying he is a massive upgrade on elder is ludicrous 

We’ve had Elder for a year & can count on 1 hand the number of good games he has had. Not even close imo.

1 minute ago, Ramdale said:

We’ve had Elder for a year & can count on 1 hand the number of good games he has had. Not even close imo.

He started poorly last week but he whipped in some lovely crosses. 

8 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Really can’t see there being anything in this. He’s a natural wing back - which would have been very useful when we were still attempting to play three at the back earlier in the window, but now Warne has finally admitted 4-3-3 suits us better I don’t see where Johnson would fit in.

We'll continue to recruit for 3 at the back and play 4 in the meantime. We'll probably miss out on 1 or 2 key targets, meaning 4 at the back is still our best formation. Hobble through to January, probably sign a decent winger, then decide no play without wingers a couple of weeks later.

Then repeat the entire process again next season.