Vs Middlesbrough (H) Match Thread

DCFC1388

37 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

PG Wodehouse from the directors box.

In the annals of footballing drama, where the grand theatre of sport so often offers a heady mix of the sublime and the ridiculous, one could scarcely find a more fitting epitome of both than the spectacle that unfolded at the Directors’ box, where a diminutive figure of considerable follicular flair made a fashionably late entrance, his permed coiffure glistening under the stadium lights like a cherub’s halo after a brisk encounter with a bottle of Brylcreem. But, as is so often the case in these matters, the distractions of the haute monde were swiftly eclipsed by the heroics on the pitch, where young Kayden Jackson, that veritable Achilles in cleats, delivered a coup de grâce that secured victory for Warne’s gallant Rams with all the aplomb of a gentleman making a winning stroke in a high-stakes game of croquet. Indeed, it was not just a victory of the feet but of the heart and mind, for the stalwart trio of Ozoh, Kenzo, and Osborn defended their territory with the tenacity of ancient Spartans holding the pass at Thermopylae, each a paragon of fortitude amidst the fray. Even the early exits of Cashin and Wilson, which might have sent a lesser team into disarray, were mere footnotes in a performance so meticulously orchestrated that it could only be compared to the symphonies of the great maestros, where every arm wave of the indomitable Bradley—his brow as furrowed as the Scottish Highlands—was a baton guiding his comrades to glory. And what more can be said of the impeccable Josh Vickers, who, like a seasoned butler in a country estate, stood unflappable at his post, swatting away threats with a nonchalance that belied the magnitude of his task, all the while under the watchful, perhaps slightly envious, gaze of the towering and undeniably handsome Jacob, whose presence cast a long shadow, both literally and figuratively. Thus, with spirits buoyed and eyes set firmly on the horizon, the Rams march onward, the scent of victory in their nostrils, their path strewn with the laurels of their latest conquest.

You could not have put this more eloquently. It was Bertie Wooster versus the might of Spode, Aunt Dahlia,Sir Roderick Glossop, Aunt Agatha combined and yet he triumphed when all seemed lost!!

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

Didn’t see him make a tackle, block, pass of note in the second half. Cant remember his name being mentioned at all

In the 2nd half, he was the only player to have a shot, was in possession of the ball more than anyone other than Vickers, and won 3 tackles (joint most with Elder). He may not have played any passes of note, but neither did anyone else on the team.

13 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I genuinely don't have concerns about Bradley starting games. He's been really solid for us more recently, and outside a few poor months in a brand new team hasn't really put much of a foot wrong. He proved today he's a decent Championship defender. 

I still think he’s an accident waiting to happen on the ball. In a game like today it suited him pretty well, as he’s strong when backs are against the wall. But I’d still much rather we upgraded on him to get something a bit different in the backline. We’re still a bit one paced, and teams with a lot of pace will cause us serious problems 

19 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I genuinely don't have concerns about Bradley starting games. He's been really solid for us more recently, and outside a few poor months in a brand new team hasn't really put much of a foot wrong. He proved today he's a decent Championship defender. 

Certainly today's game suited Bradley. He's really good at defending in the box, some good blocks and surprisingly quick footed under pressure.

Where he struggles is when someone is running at him in acres of space - probably not going to happen too often this season.

Perfect performance today.

Capitalised on a calamitous error and scored a great goal.

Sat in and dug, tackled, battled and gassed-out our way to 3 points.

3 vital confidence boosting points.

All the frailties were visible so Warne will know what we still need, no danger of the cracks being papered over and forgotten...but we got the most out of what we have.

Deserved? That's all perspective. They hold all the cards but didn't create anything gilt-edged and gifted us a chance we took.

That's how football is.

Edited by Chester40

9 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I still think he’s an accident waiting to happen on the ball. In a game like today it suited him pretty well, as he’s strong when backs are against the wall. But I’d still much rather we upgraded on him to get something a bit different in the backline. We’re still a bit one paced, and teams with a lot of pace will cause us serious problems 

Don't object to upgrading if one is available, I do think though funds would be better spent on a forward personally

Shout out to Paul Warne. Tactically 

James Collins...immense effort, hold up play and looked like he belonged at the level.

Sonny Bradley. Vast effort. They. Shall. Not. Pass.

Callum Elder. Best performance in a Rams shirt.

I could praise everyone...but I thought I'd pick out the lads who tend to get pelters.

Very, very proud Ram today. Signings to come. Enjoy your weekend everyone.

2 minutes ago, angieram said:

Obnoxious set of fans. It certainly wasn't a minority of them singing "We're all having a party...."

Whole ground singing back "Who are ya?" at the end of the game was justly deserved. 

Our lot were excellent today. That result will put the lads further in credit too. Can see another siege mentality in the offing, as there's no doubt this will be a very tough season and whilst some don't believe in it, I think the whole 12th man thing is absolutely real.

5 minutes ago, angieram said:

Obnoxious set of fans. It certainly wasn't a minority of them singing "We're all having a party...."

Whole ground singing back "Who are ya?" at the end of the game was justly deserved. 

Wasn’t a huge fan of our fans singing about having a party when Gibson dies. All for banter and singing about him tossing off dogs, but that felt slightly over the line to me. Can’t stand the bloke at all but still. 

14 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Don't object to upgrading if one is available, I do think though funds would be better spent on a forward personally

Of course, the immediate priorities remain up front and some extra depth in midfield. But if someone gave us an offer for Bradley, I’d definitely take it - I’m sure there must be some young premier league CBs out there who may benefit from a loan.

Thought we started very well down the right, the combination of Ozoh, Goudmijn, Wilson and Jackson is a great recipe to get in behind teams. Jackson suits us well, not great with the ball at his feet but will press at pace, off the ball movement excellent and a confident finish.

The drop off happened once we lost the outlet of Wilson but Nyambe did himself proud.

A great battling performance and brilliant welcome to Pride Park for the new signings. Reminiscent of the win against Bolton, family stands getting involved to cheer every tackle and block.

Vickers fantastic, Osborn plays for the shirt, defence largely immense and you simply cannot get the ball off Ozoh.

I think there’s another level there for us once we find the striker that brings it all together, whether that’s Yates, Brown or someone else (can’t help but feel Cauley Woodrow would do very well in this team)

Less said about the opposition the better, a scummy club from top to bottom that didn’t deserve a corner let alone three points.

1 minute ago, Millenniumram said:

Of course, the immediate priorities remain up front and some extra depth in midfield. But if someone gave us an offer for Bradley, I’d definitely take it - I’m sure there must be some young premier league CBs out there who may benefit from a loan.

I wouldn't accept a bid for Bradley. Every team needs good squad players that won't let you down. Bradley fits the bill perfectly.

Just back. Not read the thread yet.

Wasn’t expecting anything but, credit to PW and the team…..really enjoyed that.

Don’t mind grinding out results against ‘better’ teams in the slightest. Still wish we’d use midfield more - the players are decent and Kenzo was getting frustrated at times when showing and not receiving the ball.

I can be one-eyed but that refereeing performance was a shocker - so extra credit for keeping cool heads.

Did the Boro fans come in a tardis? Singing ‘When Derby County dies’

I wonder what they’ll do when the Roman Empire falls or World War 1 ends.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wasn’t a huge fan of our fans singing about having a party when Gibson dies. All for banter and singing about him tossing off dogs, but that felt slightly over the line to me. Can’t stand the bloke at all but still. 

Dunno mate. Folk singing about my death wouldn't bother me one iota, but dog interference ditties certainly would 😂