Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

2 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

To add to this he said he understands derby will have a day off on Sunday so he can watch Djurgarden play. Done deal hopefully announced tomorrow along with the midfielder to give a real feel good factor going into Saturday. 

Fingers crossed!

45 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Looks like this might finally happen then. The recruitment team are really sticking thdir necks on the line with this one. £1.4m (rumoured) for a keeper is huge money for a club in our position.

Not so sure, I think he’s very likely to make us a profit or at the very least be sold on for a fee.

If he is as good as Swedish footballing community think and ends up being Sweden’s starting keeper by age 30/31, then you’re looking at a potential Premier League level keeper with prototypical build/size who speaks perfect English and gets the opportunity to out himself in the shop window for World Cup 2026/Euro 28.

I understand the rumoured fee sounds like it would be a large percentage of our fan-guesstimated budget but tbf this is the one player in our squad who is *the* most likely to play every league game for the next three years.

1 hour ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Looks like this might finally happen then. The recruitment team are really sticking thdir necks on the line with this one. £1.4m (rumoured) for a keeper is huge money for a club in our position.

It almost seems like we have a £1.5m budget for each line - £1.4m for GK, £1.5m rumoured bid for Helik at CB, £1.5m for Goudmijn and Adams for CM, and maybe another pot for a CF??

11 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Not so sure, I think he’s very likely to make us a profit or at the very least be sold on for a fee.

If he is as good as Swedish footballing community think and ends up being Sweden’s starting keeper by age 30/31, then you’re looking at a potential Premier League level keeper with prototypical build/size who speaks perfect English and gets the opportunity to out himself in the shop window for World Cup 2026/Euro 28.

I understand the rumoured fee sounds like it would be a large percentage of our fan-guesstimated budget but tbf this is the one player in our squad who is *the* most likely to play every league game for the next three years.

A certain Mr Clough knew the value of a good keeper and had no qualms in spending what was a substantial fee at the time.  I think he said Directors were stupid as they didn’t recognise the value.  A goal scorer scoring doesn’t guarantee you a win.  A keeper keeping a clean sheet guarantees you don’t lose.

10 minutes ago, Srg said:

His instagram story is him sharing countless goodbyes from teammates. He's certainly well loved over there.

They must forgive mistakes that lead to goals a lot easier in Scandinavia.

Welcome to Derby, Jacob! If you’re reading this, I suggest you don’t visit this forum in future.

Announced and paraded on the pitch before the game tomorrow. Flies home on Sunday as he realises he's forgotten his helmet, then decides he wants to stay at Djurgårdens after all that anyway.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

...you’re looking at a potential Premier League level keeper with prototypical build/size who speaks perfect English and gets the opportunity to out himself in the shop window for World Cup 2026/Euro 28.

Too late  ...you've just done it for him.

2 hours ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Yes, feels like we have brought a Nissan Leaf with the hope of entering next years Rally Racing and have a £500 budget to improve it and spend all that money on tinted windows.