Jacob Widell Zetterstrom - SIGNED, FINALLY - 3yr deal

Nuwtfly

On 11/08/2024 at 18:38, StockholmRam said:

It breaks up and the crack sounds it makes scare the badgers away… apparantly… 

Don’t be offended but I didn’t believe you. I thought it was at the very least an odd joke and I didn’t get the punch line.

But I’ve just googled it and apparently, there’s a folklore that badgers will randomly bite an arm or leg and not let go until it’s had the satisfaction of hearing a bone snap.

So the cheeky swedes came up with putting crisp bread in their socks so that if a badger does come and have a go, they’ll mistake the sound of the ryveta breaking for a bone breaking.

utterly insane and hard to believe. 

25 minutes ago, Sweetness34 said:

Don’t be offended but I didn’t believe you. I thought it was at the very least an odd joke and I didn’t get the punch line.

But I’ve just googled it and apparently, there’s a folklore that badgers will randomly bite an arm or leg and not let go until it’s had the satisfaction of hearing a bone snap.

So the cheeky swedes came up with putting crisp bread in their socks so that if a badger does come and have a go, they’ll mistake the sound of the ryveta breaking for a bone breaking.

But possibly daft enough to be true?! 

Better than putting mashed potato in them!! 

7 hours ago, Sweetness34 said:

Maybe @Owen87ITK can ask him in his post signing interview.  Never mind all the “what’s it like to sign for Derby blah blah blah?”.  Get straight to stuff we really need to know!!

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Surely paying 25% of the fee on a player that might get injured playing for his current club is absolutely mad?

Yup, my man couldn't believe this either.

On the plus side, he says that he is an excellent goalkeeper.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Surely paying 25% of the fee on a player that might get injured playing for his current club is absolutely mad?

Who did we give the 25% to ?

On 12/08/2024 at 13:11, Carl Sagan said:

No announcement regarding Jacob Rinne, the 31 year old who left his Saudi team a week ago, supposedly returning to his native Sweden to take over from Zetterström. Looks quite useful with his feet:

Maybe we should sign him on a free and add the Zetterström dosh to our striker budget 😂😂

Just had a google translate nosey at their forum and it matches to what the Djurgarden fans are saying, 8 likes to this post.

image.png.186460b87d4b18c4b5fb5485c431d441.png

Just like us on here in sticking to topic discussing goalkeepers in the club financials thread!

1 minute ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Just had a google translate nosey at their forum and it matches to what the Djurgarden fans are saying, 8 likes to this post.

Just like us on here in sticking to topic discussing goalkeepers in the club financials thread!

Oh.

44 minutes ago, Ram@Lincoln said:

Sounds to me like their fans think our new gk is poor with his feet 👀

2 minutes ago, dcfcreece1601 said:

Sounds to me like their fans think our new gk is poor with his feet 👀

I’d rather he was good with his hands, given a choice.

We haven’t exactly had Alisson Becker  in terms of ball playing.

As long as he dominates his area and works well with his defence, I don’t care if he hoofs it occasionally.

I think it was an old interview with Wildsmith where he said Warne only really wanted two things from his keepers: to compete for every cross, being as aerially dominant as possible but expecting the odd mistake, and to make saves. I don't think he gives a fig about his footwork or vision!

I'm not the biggest fan of this Pep meta of expecting every keeper to be an outfielder too. I'd rather have a shot stopper in goal than a playmaker.