Transfer rumours

Just now, Millenniumram said:

Not a number 9. Yates is completely different and not what we need

But he is a striker & you're saying we havent signed one which is not true. Yates was Swansea top scorer last season & also scored goals for Blackpool in this league

Yates will score goals. I just wanted 1 more with him.  Once we confirmed Phillips it looked like 5 at the back but now we are getting wingers so it's a little confusing

You can't play wing backs and wingers unless those 'wingers' are narrow

1 minute ago, DCFC1388 said:

But he is a striker & you're saying we havent signed one which is not true. Yates was Swansea top scorer last season & also scored goals for Blackpool in this league

Fine, we haven’t signed a number 9. Still the most important signing we need, it’s pathetic. Doesn’t change anything. Yates can’t play up front on his own. And we have no one decent to play with him 

2 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Waghorn got a few useful goals. Gayle got a few useful goals. Jackson has already got a couple. Yates has had one game. 

Why do none of these strikers count?

Gayle wasn’t signed in a transfer window?

And like Waghorn it was against Warne’s instincts. Personally loved Gayle, but as @Ghost of Cloughpoints out you can’t risk a spot in 25 on him. 😭

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

Yates will score goals. I just wanted 1 more with him.  Once we confirmed Phillips it looked like 5 at the back but now we are getting wingers so it's a little confusing

You can't play wing backs and wingers unless those 'wingers' are narrow

Welcome to Warneworld. That's not slagging him off it's just noting a feature of both this and last season's summer window.

3 hours ago, DavesaRam said:

I think the attitude isn't because we have lost our last two matches, but simply the manner in which we went about Tuesday night's match. Here was a team we could "front foot" and actually play football, but instead we hid in our own half a lot of the time, and simply couldn't put passes together. Plus there are  number of us wanting Brown to be given a fair crack of the whip, and Tuesday was an ideal opportunity, so there he was sat on the bench. And when he did get onto the pitch, nobody would give him the ball, so then the negs said that he didn't do anything! We have NML going off half-c*** because he's stuck out on the left wing ( where have we come across players out of position and then not doing the stuff? Oh, I know - Derby County), then when Guoidmijn went off, we had no-one who could play a pass, because Tommo was off as well. The whole thing was totally cack, and shouted that despite the alleged increase in quality required, nothing has changed. Yes we will have to do a few  "backs to the wall" shows this season, but against Barrow? No wonder people are complaining.

Honestly Dave, I think that is both an honest and realistic summary. I agree. I think I get defensive when one carp performance is used to define a whole perceived strategy and then to assault individuals ability and vision for the whole club. . For me  the Barrow game was a total mare, No excuses.  but it isn’t a reflection of what Warne is trying, or able to do; or what the individual players are capable of in normal circumstances. If we look poo after the next 3 games and with zero points I will get worried but I just can’t get suicidal over one carp game, in the cup, against fired up opponents 200 miles in the middle of nowhere when our transfer business and newly assembled squad isn’t complete and integrated with each other. I want to see 10 games in and not in the bottom 3. Then 20 games in I want to see us moving up the table and playing “better” football. 
That’s the sum of it for me. No agendas, no love ins for players or managers just progression for us as a whole.

1 minute ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Let's be honest, we could have signed Mbappe but it wouldn't really matter if we've got 10 players camped out on our own 18 yard line for 65 out of 90 minutes.

Play the right football and provide the right service and the strikers we've got might start to look a bit more useful.

I'll agree with you because you basically copied what I said earlier. That makes you correct.

38 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

No signing of a striker and Yates to get crocked tomorrow I can see it now 

It wouldn’t take a lot to leave us with no recognised striker as we stand . It’s going to be Smith isn’t it ? 

5 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

Not usually ITK but I've been told by two different people its Ladapo. The reason he's made himself a free agent is because we're already getting the 5 loans.

Not the answer for me, a journeyman probably better suited to L1 now but better than nothing, maybe.

2 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

It wouldn’t take a lot to leave us with no recognised striker as we stand . It’s going to be Smith isn’t it ? 

I think he could do a job but not even he is coming in by the looks of it 😥