Early Realistic Aspirations for 24/25

What are our early aspirations for next season, prior to any signings? 

Personally, I would be happy to consolidate our position in the Championship without spending too much money. If we could steer clear of the relegation dog fight and flirt with the top half, I would be happy. 

This would give us a platform to build upon and aim for the play offs the following season, all the while, steadily improving the quality of our team.

Depends on our approach, I’ve just seen Bolton’s chairwomen openly announce that they would need an additional £20m from their investors to compete in the Championship. The gap is huge and we’re essentially starting from square one. 

As nice as it would be to aspire to be a boring midtable Championship side, part of me just wants us to go into the season in better condition than Plymouth, Bolton/Oxford, Portsmouth, Wednesday, Blackburn & QPR. 

2 minutes ago, Scott129 said:

I genuinely think we might surprise people this coming year.

I think if we recruit well in the forward positions and maintain our defensive consistency, I don't see why we can't finish 12th-16th.

Yes, that would surprise me as an aspiration.

Probably end up in mid table, perhaps even upper mid table, as I think it likely we will get stronger as the season progresses. 

Being competitive in the league is more about smart signings and sound management than money spent.

29 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

A few more signings like Iverson would give you confidence . You wouldn’t want Burnley , Luton and Shef Utd for your first 3 games whilst trying to put a team together . 

Iverson? Have I missed something?