Controversial views unchallenged

I fully expected Paul Jewell's career to take an almost identical trajectory to that of our good friend Kieran Lee, having seen him splayed across the Sunday front pages.  He looked THAT good!

Nigel Clough would have been a better scout than manager for us.

Mclaren, Lampard and Rowett had large resources at their disposal and each one failed.

Davies and Warne are the best managers we have had in the past twenty years.

LR is a better pundit than manager.

I'd rather watch winning football over pretty football.

4 hours ago, Inverurie Ram said:

@sage @Millenniumram @RoyMac5 could maybe go and work for The Samaritans just think how much money and work they would save The Samaritans……….

Just one call and game over 🤣

Life savers, just think how happy everyone would be after listening to them !!! 😂

Here he is again, the one and only true Derby fan.

I'm glad I'm not as mean-minded as you are mate.

Come on You Rams. #TheMightyRams

Actually I do have one that’ll get posters backs up.

Bennetts worth over the season to that Lampard side was more than Marriotts and he 100% deserved the right to be starting that final. Marriott real use was as a sub and he’d had only made an impact if we had stayed in the game with half an hour to go.

Look back at that season, even look back at Leeds away in the semi and see the contributions Bennett made.

My controversial view is that a lot of these controversial views are not very controversial.

I don’t think this is either, really.just want to get it off my chest. Indeed, I expect most would agree with me that it is time to retire the pre-match poem. It is too long. It does not help increase the atmosphere or build up to the match. It irritates me when he says “Derby Caanty”. People just ignore it.  The bloke who says “it’s in your DNA youth” can do one as well. Such things have become tired. Turn the volume down a bit, allow people to actually speak to each other rather than shout over the PR system and see if the much vaunted and often disappointing South Standers can do what they are supposed to and get the place going (although I have to say there have been some very good atmospheres this season and the SS has been OK… just not often enough - which might be seen as controversial both by those who think the South Stand is great and other who think they don’t do enough. I think they can generate good atmosphere, they just need to do it more often)

Posted (edited)

Tom Ince was our best winger in at least the last 15-20 years & he wasnt lazy like people thought

The current England team is nowhere near as good as the team from the early 00's (Golden Generation).

Thorne should never have played vs Ipswich, wasnt worth the risk.....same for Mount vs Acc Stanley.

Nigel Pearson should have been given at least a full season, but then McClaren shouldnt have been sacked when he was the 2nd time around.

Simon Dawkins should have played more for us.

Edited by DCFC1388

5 hours ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

Leicester are a much bigger club than Derby, even without the Premier League win.

Most football matches are boring to watch.

A 'funny' chant about the size of Mendez-Laing's p*nis is weird and makes me very uncomfortable.

Shaun Barker's dress-sense is amazing.

I’d quite like to hear the Leicester thing expanded upon 

Chelsea are a smaller club than Derby.  They've just had 25 years of Oligarchs money, Man City aren't any bigger than Derby, West Ham are smaller despite the delusion as are Leeds who only came to prominence in the 60's then disappeared again for 15 years, then again after that.  Sunderland are a bigger club than Newcastle whose support in the 90's when they were crap sucked.  I saw it.  I dislike Leicester fans more than Forest as they are all w******.  

The premier league was a far lower quality in 07/08  than when we were it before and it's worse now.

Posted (edited)

Jaffa cakes are neither a cake or a biscuit!! They’re a creation all of their own and deserve to have an isle in every supermarket dedicated solely to them.

Cherry Bakewell Jaffa Cakes are the greatest creation since the combustible engine.

Finally, if you squint, Susan Boyle is actually pretty f****** sexy.

Try it
image.thumb.jpeg.ec5f6b645134b0cd7f698e254fe22738.jpeg

Made you do it 😁

Edited by 8Leeds