Best Chant of All Time

I remember after a typically shocking first half refereeing performance from Graham Poll, the last ten minutes in a kind of round robin around the ground 'oh Graham Poll - he's a f****** a**ehole, he's a f****** a**ehole, he's a f****** a**ehole' - the sheer relentlessness of the drone around the ground made me laugh...

Otherwise I always like The Norwich Family, My Old Man said be a Forest fan (old school now) and In your Yorkshire Slums when we play Leeds

8 hours ago, leroyoftherovers said:

Always liked a blast of 

Come from with out 

Come from with in 

You ain't seen nothing like TED McMINN

There is always great old stories on here, like when we won the League etc. I've never been jealous, just accepted things change and that was then and this is now.

But this song? This makes me want to go back!

Luton away in the Billy Davies season again I think. Mike Newell had been in trouble the previous game for moaning men's game shouldn't have female officials. We got a bad decision:

"We want a woman ref, we want a woman ref."

Once the Arsenal fans sang to us, when they were merely beating us: "Bring on the youth team".

The match turned rather one sided: "Bring on the ladies"

Low blow but funny.

12 hours ago, ossieram said:

I remember Willie Young getting sent off at the BBG and arguing with the ref for what seemed ages and the popside singing "little Willie Willie won't go off" to the tune by Sweet.

Followed by "where's your Willie gone where's your Willie gone by Middle of the road

Sure it was Wigan away they were doing some weird Ooo Ahh chant to which we responded You Twa*s we carried that on for a while after any bad decision we got.

11 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

We are derby, Super Derby... sang at the original Rod Stewart 45rpm pace, not the full bore 78rpm version we have today!  👀

This

Back in the 80's was brilliant away from home, with a special mention for the League Cup 1 all draw away at Leicester in 85 after we best them 2 nil at home in the 1st leg to knock them out. They were top flight, us 3rd division, it was also the night of the riots in Leicester City center as the police were all at Filbert Street.....

Felt like we kept it up for a whole half of the game, every time it wavered and the Leicester (baby squad were they called?) in the terrace next to us started to sing we built the noise back up to drown them out.

One of the best nights I can remember from my 1st full season going.

If I had the wings of a sparrow….

My Old Man said be a Derby fan…

He’ fat he’s round he’s never at the ground…..

For all we are saying if fcuk off Maxwell.

This one always made me chuckle on the popside when the Ilkeston lads came in and said

I L S O N we are the boys from Ilkeston. 
This was responded to by the lads from Derby with Forest rejects Forest rejects.

I think the Red Robin one is my favourite.

Grimsby fans singing, we piss on your fish, we do we do, back in a cup game around 2006, whilst John Oster outclassed us.

More shocking than being beat was their Peter Sutcliffe song. Dark, dark humour.

I have always remembered with fondness the rendition of Oh BIANO..Bia Bia Bi an O...repeated around the ground one match where he ripped the opposition apart and was absolutely sublime.

We were in the East Stand corner and it felt like the whole ground joined in at the time. The away fans just stood in awe at the noise of the chant. Loved that.

Almost as long and loud as the Graham Poll one 🙂