Best Chant of All Time

Went with Luton to a cup game at Goodison some years ago.

Chuckled at “sing when you’re thieving you only sing when you’re thieving”

JR’ s Heartbeat brings happy memories 

I really hope though, that one day we get to a cup final… Que sara sara at full voice  is joyful.

4 hours ago, MadAmster said:

One relegation season, oppo fans singing "going down, going down, going down" swiftly replied to with "so are we....."

Fans of a certain age will remember "Leeds reserves were better"

He's here, he's there, he's asked us not to swear, John O'Hare, John O'Hare

Blackpool away, their lot started "jump around if you're staying up" which was very quickly taken over by 4000 Rams voices "jump around if you're going down"

THAT season "Let's pretend we scored a goal"

I liked the john o hare one.

13 minutes ago, cannable said:

Preston away in 15/16, picking out one of their fans and singing “you’re coats from Matalan”. He got that wound up he was kicked out by stewards, he was with his son too 😂

I seem a rather large oppo fan getting "Jacomo they said no" to Kumbaya My Lord.

40 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

Here's another. Would be allowed these days. 1st game season 84/85. Thousands of us away at Bournemouth. Great crack with the constabulary. Then a very good looking blonde WPC appeared. She was serenaded with "GYTOFTL"... if you know, you know.

She took it in good part and burst out laughing.

I remember the "one sexy copper" chant too.

10 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

When the Heanor lads used to arrive on the Ossie end and shout “Eanor , Eanor” and the Popside would respond with “Sharples ,Sharples”  

You have to be over a certain age to get that 

I met Ena Sharples many years ago, I took her up the back passage in the snug 😁

image.png.ad0ebb94e1bd70194bd01484211b6696.png

Probably the shortest chant in football history...fcuk off to Scot Gemmill when he went to take a corner at the "C" stand, circa 100 males ☺️ all stood up in unison...he never did take that corner 😁

it was on Saint Georges day and 0-0 

Subjectively of course theres been some good ones, some already mentioned:

"Oh Graham Poll..."

"Let's pretend we scored a goal"

Plus.

Dorigo (to the tune for Tequila)

Season we went down to L1 Allez Allez Allez really resonated with me, especially whilst I held a fools hope of league survival. Impact has dulled afterwards (love the tune though)

I love the bounce as much as the next man and for the littlies it's the highlight of the match. But I'm quite found of the pre-chant: "We're gonna bounce in a minute"

The most I laughed was with a perfectly common and innocuous chant: "Do you come from Manchester?" It was the response, Manure fans doing their random gesticulating but down at the bottom of the Away end somemfand proudly unfurled their banner that read: "Manchester United Supporters Club ... Belper Branch". 80% of good comedy is in timing.