Pre season

2 minutes ago, Nyderby said:

Preseason or not, Warne must be given a short leash. If the team is in danger of relegation early on I'd sack him and find someone better. 

Wow 🙄

Is a slight concern but happy to wait until the first few games before making any judgments!

hopefully get the swede over the line

i think we’re just missing a bit of quality as well. Hopefully is goudmijn, not seen much of him lately 

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

It’s not irrelevant, never has been, but also it shouldn’t be used as the yard stick for measuring how an entire season will play out when there’s still time to improve and still time to make additions. 
As I said earlier, there’s no need for miracles, there is need for hard work and dedication. 

Hard work gets you out of League One, but hard work alone won't keep us up

9 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Poor keeper, poor defence, poor attack. Signing very much needed ASAP

A worry given it’s D-Day -9! We do seem to be dithering and hoping things ‘come off’ in order to strengthen.

I think we know there will be a new keeper soon. The only reason he isn't here yet is because of how important his current team consider him to be. 

Warne has already said that he wants better than we have, and that's before Wildsmith left. He clearly doesn't have a massive amount of faith in Vickers, and you'd like to think that a keeper costing us the amount that's been reported would have saved 3 of those goals, the same performance but with a 1-3 result doesn't get half the amount of moans.

I think our best side will look vastly different in a month's time, we could be looking at 5 players starting who aren't even here yet. There's still plenty of time, we might just have to get a slice of luck or grind out some undeserved points in the first few games while players are still arriving.

Not ideal, but also not consigning us to relegation just yet.

1 minute ago, Nyderby said:

Preseason or not, Warne must be given a short leash. If the team is in danger of relegation early on I'd sack him and find someone better. 

Problem with that, is finding a manager who'd take a transfer budget of £2 to make changes to the squad after Warnes brought 8 players in.  Unless we can shift some earners on the periphery, or we make a sale- Cashin being the only likely one- we are stuck with what's coming in with little manoeuvre over the course of the season.

Zetterström in for Vickers and we'd be looking at a very different result. I do wonder if Vickers is trying to battle through injury given our lack of senior keepers at the club - a recurrence of his thigh injury which kept him out for a few months could be a reason for his lack of reach for a couple of those goals.

Blackett-Taylor's form and struggles with injury are also a concern. An extra wide forward is a necessity.

Our structure was lost following the changes - a combination of a different group of players, change in formation, and going down to 10 men. As we won't see so many changes during an actual league game, I doubt we'd see the same issue.

4 minutes ago, JaLoRam said:

Clear as day that we need reinforcements but tonight shouldn't be taken too negatively 

Aye, and I'm going to look at it cynically rather than negatively. If that was supposed to be a real display of our tactical approach to this season and the previous games all about minutes, I'd have expected our approach tonight to have looked at least somewhat different to the approach we had last season? 

It was pretty much identical and showed no growth or awareness that that we really even need to change to compete.

I doubt either manager will be getting too excited or alarmed by the actual result but what they’ll probably both be concerned about is how open it was. It could easily have been 6:6. That’s fine for the early preseason games but I’m not sure it was on the agenda for tonight.

1 minute ago, Simmoram2024Ramsrontheup said:

This has got to be the worst preseason I’ve ever seen. Warne has to take some slack for this. I’m desperately worried about this season now.

Yeah I know it doesn’t matter in the grand scheme of things. But a win to give the fans a boost would be welcome.

2 minutes ago, Magicman said:

on tonight showing this is my start team 

New Keeper 

Nelson Bradley Cashin 

Wilson Adams Ozho 

Kenzo 

NML New Striker Barks 

Wilson? Love his all round game apart his crossing! He's awful at crossing. I like him in every other sense his work rate, the way he takes a player on 

15 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That would be disrespectful, just like using youth players in games when 2 or 3 up.

Never mind on the wing. We probably should’ve stuck another GK alongside Vickers!