Liam Rosenior

chadlad

1 hour ago, Jubbs said:

Because they're the most up-to-date figures. He can't make up figures in the role he's in, he has to present facts. 

Yes it will be slightly higher this season, but it will be around 8-10th. 

Nonsense, he doesn't "have to" present out-dated facts that are utterly irrelevant to the current season, just to spin a particular narrative.

5 of the Championship’s current top 6 have bigger budgets, recent PL players and parachute payments.

The other is Ipswich who finished on 96 points.

Expecting Hull to finish in the top 6 is just bizarre.

They may feel Rosenior isn’t their best option for the long-term. That’s a gamble they have made.

But Rosenior did a pretty decent job there and a decent Championship club will come in for him. He just needs to hold tight.

No doubt at least one of Sunderland, Norwich, West Brom, Sheff Wed, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Swansea or Cardiff will sack their manager in the next 6 months and will look at Rosenior as a top option.

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

No doubt at least one of Sunderland, Norwich, West Brom, Sheff Wed, Blackburn, Middlesbrough, Sheff Utd, Bristol City, Swansea or Cardiff will sack their manager in the next 6 months and will look at Rosenior as a top option.

You forgot to mention Derby 🥷

2 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

5 of the Championship’s current top 6 have bigger budgets, recent PL players and parachute payments.

They may feel Rosenior isn’t their best option for the long-term. That’s a gamble they have made.

But Rosenior did a pretty decent job there and a decent Championship club will come in for him. He just needs to hold tight.

Huddersfield fans are already calling for him to be appointed. Would imagine he'd want to hold out for a Championship gig though.

Before the season started I would never had picked Hull for top 6 so to get 7th and just miss out is progress 

Rosenior is a good coach for reasons I’ve  mentioned before and think Rooney was lucky to have him 

Rosenior will get another chance and I for one hope he does well ….stuck by us and conducted himself very well even when we let him go …wish him all the best 

27 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Before the season started I would never had picked Hull for top 6 so to get 7th and just miss out is progress 

Rosenior is a good coach for reasons I’ve  mentioned before and think Rooney was lucky to have him 

Rosenior will get another chance and I for one hope he does well ….stuck by us and conducted himself very well even when we let him go …wish him all the best 

Yep seems a decent guy , I do think with the style he wants to play he is gonna need a decent budget or very good recruitment department, only time will tell because when all said and done it will always come down to results and if you have that little bit of something as a manager that makes you get teams over the line , we see lots of different styles but it needs that extra something in the manager that gets the team over the line when it counts ,,, warne deffo has that at league one level , same for getting teams to bounce back from bad results and through injuries,,, even Mac 1 struggled to get out of bad runs but was great when he had the momentum going 🤷🏻‍♂️

5 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

The Leeds and/or Southampton jobs could be available if they don't go up via the Playoffs

On 10/05/2024 at 15:50, Bris Vegas said:

Sunderland job is available, surely Rosenior must be considered for it

I think he needs to go to a club where the fans are used to their team playing his style of football and it's what the owners want too, if he isn't willing to compromise. Otherwise, there's a danger it'll end up the same way.

Posted (edited)

Seems from the press reports on Hull owner’s fan forum that he (the owner) likes to interfere a lot in the team selection and tactics. Remember when Mel got it in the neck for just going in the dressing room; this bloke is telling (or ‘advising’) his manager who to play. If I were a top top football manager, and I’ve long felt I could be, I would be wary of working for him. 

Edited by LazloW

Apparently, he's been mentioned for the Birmingham job, if Mowbray doesn't return. But, I can't see him wanting to drop down a division and Rooney couldn't get them to play a similar style to LR.

40 minutes ago, ram59 said:

Apparently, he's been mentioned for the Birmingham job, if Mowbray doesn't return. But, I can't see him wanting to drop down a division and Rooney couldn't get them to play a similar style to LR.

I think that we are finding out that Rooney would struggle to get a team to play tiddlywinks to any style.

At least half of Championship sides will change manager this season. Rosenior will likely be in the running for maybe three of those. You do have to be careful not to be out of the game too long, or the moment passes, so I'd suggest he takes one of those, or tries to ply his trade somewhere like Spain.

On 10/05/2024 at 15:50, Bris Vegas said:

Quite possibly...

But he's not got a wealth of experience or any track record of 'success'.

He's all style and appearance at the moment. Nothing against him at all but he doesn't strike me as that much of a leader. Nice bloke, reasonably charismatic,  lots of high-minded ideas... be interested to see what happens when the wheels start to come off.

Paul Clement looked mustard and had the way about him that felt he could go a long way.....that quickly unravelled!

47 minutes ago, Chester40 said:

Quite possibly...

He's all style and appearance at the moment. Nothing against him at all but he doesn't strike me as that much of a leader. Nice bloke, reasonably charismatic,  lots of high-minded ideas... be interested to see what happens when the wheels start to come off.

Paul Clement looked mustard and had the way about him that felt he could go a long way.....that quickly unravelled!

Surprised Plymouth didn't think about him.  He'll have family in Bristol so could probably live half way.  Much better option.

6 hours ago, Chester40 said:

Quite possibly...

Rosenior has a better CV than Russell Martin prior to him getting the Southampton job.

Clubs will look at Rosenior and see he ticks a lot of boxes.