Retained List

18 minutes ago, Ram1988 said:

Yesterday Wildsmith was off to Pombey and today its Rotherham. Madness.

I thought we had to release our retained list by tomorrow? Unless I am mistaken 

Players have to be notified by tomorrow according to EFL rules, doesn’t necessarily mean the club have to make the list public by tomorrow. Not sure why but I suspect we may have it at some point this evening 

3 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

I've heard rumours but I must say, Warne has been ruthless

Transparent about it too, to his credit. Said in an interview that he told the players before the last game that it would be the last time a lot of them played together.

Pro footballers have to roll with the punches as there's little room for sentiment in the modern game. That said, if all those cited as leaving do actually go, there'll be a good few I miss.

I think Wildsmith has done enough to stay, however I don't see any point in keeping him if he isn't going to be number 1. He's had two seasons in that role, at this stage of his career he isn't going to want to drop back to the bench. If we can improve on Wildsmith then I can understand no offer being made by us. Iversen is a really good keeper, he's been on loan 6 times in the last 5 seasons, and in between that had a shaky spell in the PL where Leicester were a mess and couldn't keep goals out no matter who played.

If we can provide a new permanent home for him, I think he could become a fantastic keeper for us.

42 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I dont see Iverson as a number 1. He was rather average when at Preston a couple of years back, and pretty poor at Stoke.

This would make sense if the rumour of Vickers leaving is also true. He'll also help with integrating any Danish (and Dutch to a lesser extent) players to the club.

So basically, he is coming as an interpreter. He could also help out if Steve Mac comes back to do any coaching .

6 hours ago, SECornerRAM said:

Few highlights confirmed last night (Some may be already known) 
Wildsmith going - Not offered (New Number one inbound) 
Collins Going 
Gayle Going 
Waggy going
Hourihane has a year if he wants it but Derby keen to cut ties 

Smith Offered 
Sibley offered 
Tommo offered 
Robinson offered 

Barkhuizen expecting one year trigger to be used 

Fozzy offered (believe it was a triggered contract clause) 

Two inbound midfielder at advanced stages (not a clue who but one is definitely from abroad) 

Collins going is a mistake.  Nasty buggers of the bench will be needed.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Collins going is a mistake.  Nasty buggers of the bench will be needed.

If he’s going then personally I’m surprised. But providing we recruit well, I don’t think there’s a reason to lose sleep over him going.

4 hours ago, WystonRam said:

He was apparently during last season and he turned it down. I heard a rumour that is why he was dropped randomly mid season ?(This comment is not evidence based)

Steele said on the Radio that he turned down an offer in January.  Don't know how accurate that is but if he made it public on the radio, you assume he'd be certain.