Wildsmith

3 hours ago, kevinhectoring said:

Portsmouth have wealthy owners and I’ve heard people (itk) say they’re a well run club and have ambition. I think they’ll recruit a strong squad over the summer. If soton lose in the playoffs pompey might well finish above them next season 

Pompey owner is a £Billionaire and has bunged them £35 mill for a kick off. Southampton sold £150 mills worth of players after relegation to go with their first Parachute payment of £50 mill. The money down on the south coast makes us look like paupers . 

3 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

We all have opinions but I think squad player to avoid injury in League 1 is mine. If money is not object it's always OK, but it seems that's not the case. 

Absolutely, it is all about opinions. From my perspective we will always need a balance of youth and experience and if you have Fozzy as part of the experience quotient you’re on a winner. He won’t sulk if he isn’t picked, he’s able and he’s got Ram in his DNA. I’m not naive, he will never be a first choice starter at this stage of his career and at this level but he will make a competent job of whatever is asked of him.  Just look how he stepped in as makeshift CB. The stop gap turned into a fixture. 

6 minutes ago, jono said:

Absolutely, it is all about opinions. From my perspective we will always need a balance of youth and experience and if you have Fozzy as part of the experience quotient you’re on a winner. He won’t sulk if he isn’t picked, he’s able and he’s got Ram in his DNA. I’m not naive, he will never be a first choice starter at this stage of his career and at this level but he will make a competent job of whatever is asked of him.  Just look how he stepped in as makeshift CB. The stop gap turned into a fixture. 

Not even at left CB either, he played a number of games on the right side, a true pro who didn't let us down.

2 hours ago, jimtastic56 said:

Pompey owner is a £Billionaire and has bunged them £35 mill for a kick off. Southampton sold £150 mills worth of players after relegation to go with their first Parachute payment of £50 mill. The money down on the south coast makes us look like paupers . 

Yes, and  there’s much more money in London.     But Leicester and Notts Forest have found owners with $ so why shouldn’t we ? 

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Wildsmith at Oxford next season following their promotion. I saw on the Wednesday forum that a relative of Wildsmith said he turned down a couple of contracts when it became obvious he wasn’t guaranteed to be first choice next season and he wanted to continue playing. I do think Wildsmith would be number one at Portsmouth, ahead of Will Norris, but again would be far from guaranteed. Oxford are a championship team and will be on the lookout for a number one, it seems to make sense. 

19 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Was rumours of a PL bench warming job a while back. With backstory of EPL saving costs on squad players.

I know it's a short lived career and money talks but I'd be disappointed if this was the case. Look at Ederson for City last weekend, literally in tears because he had to come off that's the type of player you want on your team not someone happy to sit and take a pay cheque.

I'm not too concerned about the loss of Wildsmith.

He did well for us, but personally I'd only say he is a decent keeper. He isn't commanding, he isn't the best with the ball at his feet, and when the pressure is on he is likely to make a mistake. I also hate his ridiculous time wasting which winds up the opposition and turns the referees against us in close games.

On 18/05/2024 at 21:53, jimtastic56 said:

That's why we rarely get to games. Don't want to leave the cash piles unattended for too long......😉

On 19/05/2024 at 10:48, YouRams said:

I know it's a short lived career and money talks but I'd be disappointed if this was the case. Look at Ederson for City last weekend, literally in tears because he had to come off that's the type of player you want on your team not someone happy to sit and take a pay cheque.

It might have really hurt!

Would Scot Carson consider coming back? We could sing to Leeds “He’s won more than you”. Also Wayne Hennessy has been released . Height wise 6’ 7”. Wildsmith would Prem bench warm for £20k a week I think. 

34 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Would Scot Carson consider coming back? We could sing to Leeds “He’s won more than you”. Also Wayne Hennessy has been released . Height wise 6’ 7”. Wildsmith would Prem bench warm for £20k a week I think. 

Wayne Hennessey is horrific. So so bad. He’s also infamous for doing a nazi salute, aside from playing for Forest. So he’s got that going for him. 

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wayne Hennessey is horrific. So so bad. He’s also infamous for doing a nazi salute, aside from playing for Forest. So he’s got that going for him. 

NML issues were brushed under the carpet , but I was joking about Hennessy . Old , even by our standards . 

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

NML issues were brushed under the carpet , but I was joking about Hennessy . Old , even by our standards . 

NML did a couple of lines, didn’t salute the most evil man in history, but point taken. 

44 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I was told by more than one person that Carson stopped playing for Derby and eventually left, not for footballing reasons.

If you saw the newspaper article from yesterday about his antics, it kinda gives weight to what I heard too.

1 hour ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I was told by more than one person that Carson stopped playing for Derby and eventually left, not for footballing reasons.

If you saw the newspaper article from yesterday about his antics, it kinda gives weight to what I heard too.

I didn't, what was it about?