Match Thread: Leyton Orient (h)

12 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Personally wouldn't have Hourihane or Waghorn in the line up if I could help it. Hourihane runs like he's pulled both his hamstrings and offers absolutely nothing. Waghorn is just poor.

Surprising people wanting CBT on the bench cos he's had one bad game. Id start him.

Also find it bizarre anyone could possibly want NML up front. 

Id go with a 433. Hopefully Bird is fit. If he is I'd go:-

Wildsmith

Wilson, Nelson, Cashin, Sibley,

Adams,

Bird, Thompson.             

Mendez-Laing, Collins, CBT

Smith for Bird if Bird isn't fit. We need energy in midfield.

Exactly how I'd go even if its a bit harsh on Korey Smith, who played well on Wednesday. We need to be on the front foot from minute 1 & Bird and Thompson would give us the platform to win the ball further up the pitch, play through the middle as well as out wide & offer a threat centrally to stretch their defence rather than the predictable doubling up on CBT and NML to neuter us.

Also agree CBT needs to start albeit with a arm round the shoulder - he looked affected by his miss at Wycombe & came off the pitch looking pretty disconsolate. This is where Warne earns his corn as a good man-manager - build him back up & tell him to run at their full backs & shoot early and often.

Three players of orients best players Ollie O’Neill, Ethan Galbraith and Ruel Sotiriou.

Ruel, the 23-year-old has 12 goals and five assists across all competitions this season.

9 hours ago, Rich84 said:

Hopefully everyone has got their meltdowns out the way now and at 5 o'clock tomorrow all will be rosey again.

We tend to perform well after a disappointing performance this season, so I think we'll have the 3 points in a more comfortable win than people expect.

Meanwhile,  Bolton and Portsmouth draw to put us back in the driving seat as Peterborough have a tough game everyone seems to be ignoring as I expect Oxford to beat them.

Failing that, bet big on the National and ignore the footie!

Well I am not inconsiderably incandescent with rage.

Turns out my electronically reclining wonder wing-back runs off a rechargeable battery and the fecker has run out........

This time of the season is about nerve more than anything else I think. At kick off everyone’s fine, then when we haven’t scored by half time the nerves take affect second half. Fortunately Wycombe didn’t score so we got a point.

Tomorrow we need either to get a first half lead or have the least nervous players on second half.

Two players I think could have an impact tomorrow are Waghorn, who’s done late season heroics before, and Fornah, who I expect will relish the situation given his lack of minutes recently.

Cashin played well, especially going forward, Adams and Nelson were great as usual, Wildsmith made a strong save late doors, few others came out with much credit especially in the second half.

I just hope we score first half! With a lead at half time I can see the players focusing on not conceding much more easily than trying to chase the game. The good news is our home results have picked up recently. I worry about Cambridge away but one game at a time…

Edited by AndyB
Grammar

I spend the minutes before each game thinking … this is it .. this is the day where it all clicks and we give someone a hammering. There have been days when we have played well enough to do that but somehow the score never reflects it. Then there are other days when we look so clumsy and slow, all the “couldn’t trap a bag of cements and hit a bard door” clichees come rolling out. This has to be the most hot and cold DCFC team I have ever watched. League 1 isn’t terrible .. I’d rather we weren’t in it but it isn’t the football .. it’s the unforced errors, the lousy touches, the missed chances the iffy refs. … Come on lads … get us out of here ! 

Anyway, saw Roy Mac (the real one) in my local last night .. it’s a sign I tell ye, it’s a sign, COYR ! Don’t care about the line up, don’t care about the tactics … need to win this.

23 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If we go back to three centre backs, I’m done with Warne. Ok I am already am done but I’ll be gutted.

Watch Gunpowder, on Netflix I think, with Kit Harrington. Then you’ll get to see “gutted” … not recommended 🤪

1 hour ago, rammieib said:

If we go back to three centre backs, I’m done with Warne. Ok I am already am done but I’ll be gutted.

What sort of 3 at the back? Fozzy, Cash, Nelson, with each of them making regular visits to the oppo’s box? Served us pretty well until Fozzy was crocked. And where are your midfielders sitting in this 3 at the back? The obsession on here with formation is bewildering, far more important is what field positions players take within the formation. And if those 3 are fit imo we want each of them at CB 

I have to apologise. Schoolboy error left me five pints in before Wycombe. I always refrain from commenting in the heat of the moment but beer affected fingers had me typing plenty. Always take time to reflect I say to myself. 
Phone will be off from KO to about 4.30 and score only so let’s hope with a couple of repaired players we can get this one done comfortably 

Wildsmith

Wilson, Nelson, Cashin, Sibley,

Smith  Adams,

Barks
NML, Collins/wags/wash, CBT

Cant decide which of the out 3 strikers who are struggling for form to pick.

I’m leaning towards Wags, as he probably has the most quality when in form.

Part of problem is seeing the huge difference Gayle made……….once you’ve driven a Porsche, it’s difficult to choose a Robin Reliant!

Edited by Ramarena

3 hours ago, rammieib said:

The thing is, I don't think that our fullbacks are good enough defensively in a back four, when having to go forwards as well, the extra help from the 'spare' cb gives me a bit more confidence.

9 hours ago, DiggerB said:

Really not looking forward to this one tomorrow. Sister-in-law, her boyfriend and her son will be in the away end. I’ve never met her bloke. They’re coming back to ours for the evening afterwards.

Please don’t lose!

Please don’t lose!

Please don’t lose!

Please don’t lose!

Surely him coming back to yours for the evening is dependent on Derby winning. Haven’t you made that clear?😀

12 hours ago, jono said:

I spend the minutes before each game thinking … this is it .. this is the day where it all clicks and we give someone a hammering. There have been days when we have played well enough to do that but somehow the score never reflects it. Then there are other days when we look so clumsy and slow, all the “couldn’t trap a bag of cements and hit a bard door” clichees come rolling out. This has to be the most hot and cold DCFC team I have ever watched. League 1 isn’t terrible .. I’d rather we weren’t in it but it isn’t the football .. it’s the unforced errors, the lousy touches, the missed chances the iffy refs. … Come on lads … get us out of here ! 

Anyway, saw Roy Mac (the real one) in my local last night .. it’s a sign I tell ye, it’s a sign, COYR ! Don’t care about the line up, don’t care about the tactics … need to win this.

WAS that at Matlock golf club ?.

I saw him too thought him and Big Rog were brilliant 

Going to the game, then off to Gatwick at midnight, to get a plane to Milan at 6.55AM, please send we away a happy Ram, 3 points will make my holiday. 

Believe we will win, and hope that Bolton and Peterboro drop points, lets get PP rocked today, lets push the lads over the line,3 MASSIVE GAMES LEFT. I believe. Once A Ram Always A Ram.