Holding out for a hero

I know we like to reminisce, so here is a new interview with Robin Van der Laan, who scored the goal that last won us automatic promotion. 

It's a real opportunity for one of our current players to step up and earn their own place in DCFC history by doing similar over the next few games. Who would you put your money on scoring the goal that takes us up? 

I'd love it to be Nate, even though he's perhaps not in the same form as we saw earlier in the season. He's not as consistent as Cash, Curtis, or even Collo, but at his best he's untouchable in this league. The slight worry is that he's looked a tad frustrated in recent weeks and yes, I know he's not playing in his favoured position before I get jumped on! 

I'll be crossing my fingers and everything else and praying he can find the energy and drive to fire us to promotion, before a long and very well-earned rest.

COYR

46 minutes ago, angieram said:

I know we like to reminisce, so here is a new interview with Robin Van der Laan, who scored the goal that last won us automatic promotion. 

It's a real opportunity for one of our current players to step up and earn their own place in DCFC history by doing similar over the next few games. Who would you put your money on scoring the goal that takes us up? 

Someone random like Smith.

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

He doesn’t get many goals but the player I would like to see, in similar circumstances is Cashin.

I think he deserves it and would enjoy it.

Just now, Foreveram said:

He doesn’t get many goals but the player I would like to see, in similar circumstances is Cashin.

I think he deserves it and would enjoy it.

Good shout. I've taken the mick out of Nels' finishing, but I wouldn't mind a towering bullet header from him either. That said, I'd be happy a scuffed shot that ricochets off 3 defenders then deflects in off Waggy's todger if it means promotion. 

There are a lot of candidates who all deserve it for one reason or another. Such a likeable team.

My immediate thought was NML, as he fits the criteria in the song 🎵

but any of the younger players, or Collins, or Adams, Wilson, the list goes on. 

35 minutes ago, angieram said:

There are a lot of candidates who all deserve it for one reason or another. Such a likeable team.

My immediate thought was NML, as he fits the criteria in the song 🎵

but any of the younger players, or Collins, or Adams, Wilson, the list goes on. 

You've seen his Wang???

ssssss.gif.78c6441cbdbcd95f6a64a9d45089f80c.gif

5 hours ago, IslandExile said:

Sonny Bradley👀

Last minute power header from a corner against Carlisle.

Or wildsmith, dieing seconds ao the extra time v Carlisle,  we in play offs unless we win ... up Joe comes 

Bang

Goal 

Carnage as thousand head to the pitch.....

I won't care who scores a goal that results in us getting promoted. I'd just like it to be in front of few  lucky Rams fans stood behind the goal at Cambridge. Meaning on the final day of the season, I can be a in a packed Pride Park, celebrating promotion before a ball is kicked.

This team have played their hearts out. Sometimes we stuttered, sometimes we looked “off it”, then confused then “on it” and buzzing. We turn up and it’s hard to know how we are going to do. Unpredictable I suppose, but as a group they have done what I like and that’s play for each other as a real team, giving all of what they have to give.

For me … I want a Cashin header to seal it. That lad really does leave everything on the pitch including the mint sauce.