Holding out for a hero

I loved that RvdL got that goal, he really deserved it. This season it could be anyone and I think I'd love it equally.

Cashin, Bird or Sibley - would be lovely if one of the home grown lads were to seal the deal.

Plenty of other likeable candidates though, I'd honestly love it if it were any of the lads, they all have a bit of a story and a reason for us to connect with them, even those that haven't delivered as we would have hoped. We have a good bunch of players at the moment. Almost like Warne's stated desire to have good people at the club is a really positive thing.

Wilson would be by curve ball option, he just epitomises the kind of player fans love and you know he would absolutely love it.

Last minute , corner , really windy day , corner is hanging in the air , the crowd is silent and open mouthed , gust of wind whips off Paul warnes bobble hat , it’s blown in the box , ball takes a slight deflection off the bobble and nestles in the far corner , stadium erupts , final whistle blows, Carlisle lose with derby up , warne starts the bounce that goes on for an hour 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Archied

5 hours ago, Archied said:

Last minute , corner , really windy day , corner is hanging in the air , the crowd is silent and open mouthed , gust of wind whips off Paul warnes bobble hat , it’s blown in the box , ball takes a slight deflection off the bobble and nestles in the far corner , stadium erupts , final whistle blows, Carlisle lose with derby up , warne starts the bounce that goes on for an hour 🤷🏻‍♂️

Nooooo, that would be terrible. Both @angieram in her usual desire to avoid the rush by leaving 5 minutes early, and @B4’s Sister in memory of her brother, will miss it!

# be more b4 and angieram

🥷

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, richinspain said:

Nooooo, that would be terrible. Both @angieram in her usual desire to avoid the rush by leaving 5 minutes early, and @B4’s Sister in memory of her brother, will miss it!

# be more b4 and angieram

🥷

I never leave a game early. I stay and applaud the players off the pitch - win, lose or draw - as I think you well know, young man! 

Edited by angieram

RVdL, Pearson, crucial goals from hardly prolific players being the hero, will this year be the same?*

Hourihane freekick. Forwards, defenders from set peices all fail as we get increasingly tense, then a moment of quality and then elation...

*On the understanding that RVdL our captain fantastic was key in 95-96, if not for goals.

There’s only one man for me ….

with fans desperately looking at there watches and the pressure mounting and we are camped in Carlisles half at 1-1 w have finally got level after a shock lead for Simmo’s lads …the board has gone up for 7 mins of additional time and with that …PP roars its approval in a desperate hope to galvanise the team ….but we are resorting to crossing the ball into the box and to some it seems aimless and hopeful then with 2 mins left to play another hopeful cross is headed weakly out of there penalty box into the crowded melee of players who are camped in Carlisle’s half and Hourihane on as a sub collects it and everyone thinks he’s going to shoot from distance …we need a goal afterall …time is running out …instead he shapes to shoot but slides it sideways to Fozzy who’s first touch is a tad heavy but with his momentum he cuts inside a Carlisle player and he’s now just inside the box…………………………………………….

whoosh!! Fozzy unleashes a left foot low pile driver …and the net bulges with the Carlisle keeper just watching …there is a slight second of delay before the PP faithful realise it’s the goal that will take us back to the championship….ans the stadium erupts from every corner of the ground it feels like an earthquake ….Fozzy runs off being chased by the entire team including Wildsmith and Fozzy un ashamedly takes off his shirt and wheels it above his head before being finally caught and mobbed by the whole team ……it hasn’t been pretty football but we’ve done it and Fozzy,s final moment in a rams shirt is set in history …….like the legend he is to us ….oh yes!!!!!! let them beers flow!!!!!! COYR 

27 minutes ago, S8TY said:

with fans desperately looking at there watches and the pressure mounting and we are camped in Carlisles half at 1-1 w have finally got level after a shock lead for Simmo’s lads …the board has gone up for 7 mins of additional time and with that …PP roars its approval in a desperate hope to galvanise the team ….but we are resorting to crossing the ball into the box and to some it seems aimless and hopeful then with 2 mins left to play another hopeful cross is headed weakly out of there penalty box into the crowded melee of players who are camped in Carlisle’s half and Hourihane on as a sub collects it and everyone thinks he’s going to shoot from distance …we need a goal afterall …time is running out …instead he shapes to shoot but slides it sideways to Fozzy who’s first touch is a tad heavy but with his momentum he cuts inside a Carlisle player and he’s now just inside the box…………………………………………….

whoosh!! Fozzy unleashes a left foot low pile driver …and the net bulges with the Carlisle keeper just watching …there is a slight second of delay before the PP faithful realise it’s the goal that will take us back to the championship….ans the stadium erupts from every corner of the ground it feels like an earthquake ….Fozzy runs off being chased by the entire team including Wildsmith and Fozzy un ashamedly takes off his shirt and wheels it above his head before being finally caught and mobbed by the whole team ……it hasn’t been pretty football but we’ve done it and Fozzy,s final moment in a rams shirt is set in history …….like the legend he is to us ….oh yes!!!!!! let them beers flow!!!!!! COYR 

Foz or cashin the ones that would deserve it for me!

I get the home grown players are loved but bird chosen to better himself at Bristol city next season, sibley seems to only be able to establish himself in the side at left back and Thompson gets brought on to run a lot.

over ten or eleven years fozzy given a lot more than that, despite the odd dodgy spell. Cashin has been generally brilliant ever since he came into the side.

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I was with you until Fozzy took his shirt off. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

11 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I was with you until Fozzy took his shirt off. 

i was just thinking... what a bloody stupid yellow card.  where's the discipline!  🤣

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting reading this thread back only a few weeks later.

I'm not sure which goal technically qualifies as the one that took us up. As it was without reply, presumably Birdy's? 

But what I am sure about are the important contributions of several players, not least of whom is Sonny Bradley, with two goals previously and the all important assist for Collins to put the final game beyond doubt.

Adams didn't score, but ran the match.

You can see from the subsequent celebrations how together this team is, as demonstrated by Mendez Laing busting a gut to try and get the ball back to Collins for his 20th goal late in the game instead of going for glory himself.

I know we are a tier below, but given the circumstances I hope that these players will live in our hearts and memories just as much as van der Laan. 

Happy days!