Match Thread: Wycombe (a)

39 minutes ago, thischarmingram said:

That was just unacceptable - we can still easily finish second but that performance for a second placed team with 4 games left was so bad. No game plan, no idea how to create a chance, can’t string 3 passes together,  tactics were again reliant on hoping we score from a set piece.  Didn’t look like we had spent the last 9 days working on anything. 

Saturday is huge now - must win no excuses and hope others do us favours. 

I think that's the main point for me - what on earth have they been doing since the last game? Thought they'd be refreshed, motivated and up for the challenge.

Ok I’m back in the pub. Five pre match and now second post match. I am a happy clapper, glad to be, always the optimist. 
That was truly dire and as a gesture the club should reimburse the fans their entrance fee for being put through that shocking display. 
Upset, peed off, disappointed and feeling very ‘Play offed’ about it all. Looking forward to giving my marks for this abysmal display. We deserve Play offs for that. Gutted 

1 minute ago, TheTinMan said:

The other thing with Sibley is he's not a LB. But what happened to the LB Warne put all his hopes and dreams into? I'm not talking about Fozzy here either we shouldn't be relying on Fozzy at his age in this system at LB. Callum bloody Elder was another bad signing in my book along with Wash and Bradley etc 

Since Sibley has been helping the team when at LB or LWB we haven’t really been losing games or letting many goals in - well that’s what it feels like to me.

we just signed loads of players with a hefty list of injuries 

Just now, IlsonDerby said:

No your comment was to have a pop at people making negative comments. The only reason I mentioned the bit you quoted was to make the point that I didn’t expect us to go 12 points out of 12 so it isn’t a knee jerk reaction to drawing. 

That performance (second half) is up there with the worst of the season. We were a million times better against Northampton than we were in the second half tonight. 

No the first part of my post, if you care to recall, was that we gained a goalless away draw tonight. 

I said nothing about our performance yada yada. 

If you want to twist this to fit your own narrative then fill your boots. 

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

No the first part of my post, if you care to recall, was that we gained a goalless away draw tonight. 

I said nothing about our performance yada yada. 

If you want to twist this to fit your own narrative then fill your boots. 

“Teddies flying out of prams all over the forum” 

You also didn’t answer about whether you’d watched it. If I’d seen the result I’d probably think ‘solid away point. 3 home wins should do it’. But having watched it I was deflated. 

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

We should be putting in a better performance than that. When we had Gayle we went to various phases of play. Playing it through the midfield and outside. We’ve now gone to everything going out wide again. 

Simple but obvious question; why should we?

If we were that consistent then we'd already be promoted as Champions.

As another poster has already said maybe we're just not that good. 

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Did Warne have to play Nat for every minute of every game...

NML can always make something happen and he has been our best attacking player this season, so in Warne’s eyes, almost definitely.

He is as important to us this year as McGoldrick was last year.

Just now, Jourdan said:

NML can always make something happen and he has been our best attacking player this season, so in Warne’s eyes, almost definitely.

He is as important to us this year as McGoldrick was last year.

Who was Warne talking about when he said 'jaded' then? 

1 minute ago, IlsonDerby said:

“Teddies flying out of prams all over the forum” 

You also didn’t answer about whether you’d watched it. If I’d seen the result I’d probably think ‘solid away point. 3 home wins should do it’. But having watched it I was deflated. 

So you've again ignored that the opening premise of my post was we gained a goalless draw away from home tonight. 

Yano I would have been reasonably happy with a point tonight before the game but that's just me. 

2 minutes ago, Andicis said:
7 minutes ago, abertawe_ram said:

I was only a nipper in the 90s when we got promoted, so dont really remember a lot of the details.

What I wonder is, did everyone cry and s*** themselves like a bunch of babies quite this much every time we dropped points back then? Before Van der Laan popped up with his glorious header to clinch second for us? 

3 games to go. Bring on the Orient

That team wasn't clogging around League One against awful opposition though was it? 

I am old enough to remember last time we staggered out of this division with possibly a better squad. There were unhappy people sitting in the corner of the pub holding court, but with with the new fangled internet you can all moan together. I am dissapointed but some of you talk as if we can just turn up and play how we want, and the way the opposition play has an effect on our game.

I was wondering how I can stay relaxed about things and the answer can to me as I goth the Panini sticker book for my birthday. The season I get my first season ticket our team was Boulton, Thomas, Daniel, McFarland, Todd, Nish, Macken, Daly, Powell, Gemmill, George, Hector, Hales, and James, manager Docherty. Just two years later Middleton, Langan, Buckley, Wicks, Moreland, McFarland, Rioch, Powell, Daly, Greenwood, Hill, Carter,Caskey, Duncan, manager Addison. Despite the additions of Langan, and Buckley who were both very good, the second team makes me sad, a feeling of greatness ebbing away.

30 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

I mean including the matches they’ve played.

I really don’t get this “they deserve to go up” mullarky. Whoever goes up will deserve to simply because they have accumulated more points than at least 22 other teams in the league (or have a better goal difference). That might be because they ended the season well, started the season well or were consistent throughout.