Prediction for how it will end

My prediction is that all the top 7 teams will drop points and wobble. I'm hoping that Northampton was our wobble. If we bounce back with a win on friday and hopefully at least a draw at Pompey then we can hopefully hold second place. What we need is for us to wobble less than those below us! COYR.

I'm sticking my neck out to say second place on 90 points.

I think the recent defeat will be terminal for us., not least because it’ll give the chasing pack added incentive and impetus. They will take their chance and I fear that we won’t be able to cope with a severely depleted squad. 
Of course, I hope I’m wrong. 

Four billion years from now, the increase in Earth's surface temperature will cause a runaway greenhouse effect, creating conditions more extreme than present-day Venus and heating Earth's surface enough to melt it. By that point, all life on Earth will be extinct.

I actually think that sounds more appealing than our perennial final inning’s collapse. Roll on oblivion. 

I can't see Peterborough being much of a threat for 2nd place, they have 9 games in less than a month, still to play Bolton at home and Orient and Oxford away, a really tough ask with games on March 29th and April 1st, 7th, 10th,13th,16th,20th,23rd and 27th. !

7 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

I think the recent defeat will be terminal for us., not least because it’ll give the chasing pack added incentive and impetus. They will take their chance and I fear that we won’t be able to cope with a severely depleted squad. 
Of course, I hope I’m wrong. 

Thinking back, we’ve probably had only about 6 games when we’ve played really well and looked like promotion hopefuls. The rest of the games we have, though won, looked quite poor with just flashes of excellence. With our injuries piling up, it’s so difficult to be optimistic. Where’s B4 when you need him………

I think it's going to end with the Arab nations invading Israel and Israel, in desperation, using it's nuclear weapons causing a vast escalation leaving the world enshrined in nuclear winter for 100 years with only mutant deformed cockroaches left living, chirping to each other that the only reason they got docked 4 points was because the league is biased against them.

There are no easy games between now and the end of the season for us or our promotion rivals. I think Collo, Wash and CBT need to find the net ( Waggy doesn’t give me much hope) and pray no further hammy’s are forthcoming. Huge game v Blackpool now after the load of Cobblers on Saturday.

Having been at Northampton on Saturday I am still bitterly disappointed by that performance and not at all confident now about automatics.

Just cannot see us scoring many goals unless CBT comes good and we get Collins back !!

It's alright saying goodie we will have to revert to a back four now but we don't have the defensive full backs available ie Nyambe and Fozzy. Likewise midfield. No creativity. When is Bird back ? Have to drop Hourihane - Smith DM and push Adams forward?

Edge of seat stuff and as I said after the Bolton win - it will go to the last day of the season, it's the Derby way !!

1 hour ago, UTFR said:

Despite it being impossible, as they all play each other, I expect our four promotion rivals to take maximum points from their remaining games, while we fail to pick up a single point for the remainder of the season.

We finish 6th and, despite getting our hopes back up by sneaking past Bolton in the semis, we collapse in the against Lincoln in the final at Wembley blow a 2-0 lead to lose 5-2. Sending 40,000 Derby fans home unhappy, as 378 Imps celebrate promotion on Wembley Way.

Meanwhile, Leeds and Leicester claim Automatic promotion to the Premier League, and Nottingham Forest escape relegation by a point on the final day.All three go on to finish top 10 in the following season.

In League 2, Wrexham are promoted and proceed to spend £300m to assemble to strongest third tier side of all time, meaning that recently relegated Birmingham city have to settle for second place, as the Rams miss out again and head to Wembley to eventually lose to Rotherham. (Who are by then managed by Conor Hourihane)

And Liverpool give us £5 million compensation for taking Paul Warne as their new manager .

Somewhere I said 2nd, but as a football fan I reserve the right to change my mind more frequently than I change my underwear. Too inconsistant so 3rd. But a convincing win vs Carlisle and with a few players coming back we will all be confident going into Lincoln. 1-0 Lincoln first leg, 1-1 second leg in an insanely frustrating night at Pride Park. Steve Mc spotted in the stands, forum goes into meltdown until we realise he was just a steward, the only job at Derby he's not done yet. Warne stays. The match was Lincolns cup final and they lose to Pboro in the final, in a turgid match.

Close season is really quiet, we pile the sum of our hope's, dreams and aspirations on young Brown, Warne doesn't. To compound matters Notts get their punishment further reduced stay up by 1 point, my work mate is convinced that is a sign that the third star is a mere formality.

Win on Friday and I'll be all "Portsmouth we're coming for ya!"

We head into the last round of fixtures, Pompey already champions and having a party at Lincoln who get the win they need to make the playoffs. We’re 2nd on 88pts, posh and Bolton on 87pts, we have a superior goal difference.

Half time and we’re 0-1 down following a really nervy performance, fans in full voice trying to urge the team on but becoming nervous and agitated with the performance. But news comes through from London Road that it’s 1-1 and despite being behind we’re still going up.

Into the second half and the fans find their voice again the team up their performance levels but the keeper is having a blinder, we equalise on 65 minutes, it’s still 1-1 at London Road. Time ticks onto 85 mins we’ve missed countless chances as Carlisle are hanging on trying to salvage something from a difficult season but then groans around the stadium, Bolton have scored and lead Posh 2-1, Bolton are going up. In the same moment a misplaced pass from Hourihane puts a Carlisle striker through on goal it’s curtains for our auto chances he rounds Wildsmith and shoots it’s going but who else but Cash gets there on the line to keep it out, the crowd roars again, we’re due a chunk of stoppage time due to Carlisle’s time wasting tactics, the board goes up, it’s 8 mins, the crowd roars again. It’s finished at London Road, Bolton have won. They think they’re up but they’re nervously waiting for our game to finish. 95 mins. We’ve thrown everything at Carlisle but the ball just won’t go in. We get a throw on the right hand side, Nelson for once goes short to Bird, he cuts inside plays the ball to the edge of the box Hourihane let’s the ball come across him evading the Carlisle player onto his left foot and with perfect technique he drills it into the bottom corner from 20 yards!!!

Pandefuckingmonium ensues!! We’re up and the much maligned Hourihane has bookended his Derby career by scoring the first goal of the new era post administration and the goal to take us back to the Championship. 

Edited by BramcoteRam84

6 hours ago, UTFR said:

Despite it being impossible, as they all play each other, I expect our four promotion rivals to take maximum points from their remaining games, while we fail to pick up a single point for the remainder of the season.

We finish 6th and, despite getting our hopes back up by sneaking past Bolton in the semis, we collapse in the against Lincoln in the final at Wembley blow a 2-0 lead to lose 5-2. Sending 40,000 Derby fans home unhappy, as 378 Imps celebrate promotion on Wembley Way.

Meanwhile, Leeds and Leicester claim Automatic promotion to the Premier League, and Nottingham Forest escape relegation by a point on the final day.All three go on to finish top 10 in the following season.

In League 2, Wrexham are promoted and proceed to spend £300m to assemble to strongest third tier side of all time, meaning that recently relegated Birmingham city have to settle for second place, as the Rams miss out again and head to Wembley to eventually lose to Rotherham. (Who are by then managed by Conor Hourihane)

Sadly, not inconceivable....