Prediction for how it will end

On 27/03/2024 at 08:19, Crewton said:

We need to channel the spirit of 85/86 and 96/97, when we didn't fall at the last hurdle in the final few games. The atmosphere at the home games helped get us through in the end. Maybe it can do it again.

It’s quite incredible when you think about it that we have only won automatic promotion once in 37 years.

After today, I think (stupidly) it’s between only us and Bolton.

For Peterborough and Barnsley, they’d have to win 4 games in a row without us picking up a point to overtake us. I can't see either of them getting more than 5 wins from their last 7 either which would mean we would need to win 2 of our last 5 to ensure we finish above them. 

For Bolton then they’ve only had 3 wins in their last 10 picking up just 13 points out of a possible 30 while we have picked up 21 points in our last 10.

Gonna be tight and tense for the last 5 games but we certainly are well on our way.

44 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Arsenal haven't won automatic promotion ever and have played in the top flight for 105 years despite it.  Houdini bothering b*******. 

If they've been in the top flight for 105 years they've not had many goes at it, tbf! 

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That's a previous incarnation and doesn't count.  😃.  Nearly went bankrupt it seems 5 years later.

Nah, you're not having that, they just shortened their name.😀If they nearly went bankrupt then we're in good company.

9 minutes ago, Ram a lamb a ding dong said:

For me 8pts seals the deal.

Bolton will get no more than 13 from 18

PBoro no more than 16 from 21. Probably get less as they still have 8 games to play

Barnsley nah

We've better goal difference so 88 pts may be enough

I don’t disagree, but I think 8 points could be tough for us especially if we lose against Portsmouth.

If Bolton win their next two and we lose to Portsmouth, we will need to match their results in the last 4 games.

Portsmouth and Peterborough could have nothing to play for against Bolton which could be an issue.

If we can beat Portsmouth I’d be fairly sure we’re going up. 

14 minutes ago, Mckram said:

I don’t disagree, but I think 8 points could be tough for us especially if we lose against Portsmouth.

If Bolton win their next two and we lose to Portsmouth, we will need to match their results in the last 4 games.

Portsmouth and Peterborough could have nothing to play for against Bolton which could be an issue.

If we can beat Portsmouth I’d be fairly sure we’re going up. 

Good news is that after those 2 games Bolton play Portsmouth.  

6 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

I tried to predict the scores of us & Bolton with my pessimistic head on & still got us going up on goal difference....

Screenshot_20240329-233635_Samsung Notes.jpg

100+ pages on that Cambridge matchday thread then!

I reckon Sky would enjoy that last day a lot more than us... at least until the final whistle!  Not sure we all (on here) have sufficient good health to get through that in one piece!  😲  

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9521o7gqaxw2wejbq0yp1p