Prediction for how it will end

I’ve been thinking about this, this is how I’d imagine the table  ( top 6) will look like.

I’ve predicted  ( very conservative and negative mind you) that we will gain 11 from 18 , Bolton 12 from 21 , Portsmouth 17 from 21 , Peterborough  15  from 24  and Barnsley 17 from 24. Plus I think Lincoln will get 6th with 12 from 21 

Portsmouth 100 points 

Derby 89 points 

Barnsley 88 points 

Peterborough 86 points 

Bolton 86 points 

Lincoln 73 points

what’s everyone else’s opinion? 

I fear we are heading for another bad run , like the end of last season - with Gayle, Barks new found energy, Mendez ,Fozzie back etc i was confident of 1st or 2nd - now i just cant see where the goals are coming from - unless CBT can link with Collins and Washy.

Soi predict we will win the play off final with Bird , Mendez, Galye, Barks all back for our special day.....

After Saturdays disgrace where a win, in my opinion, would have seen us going into the last match in pole position with a Bolton-Peterborough tussle as the other act, a fourth place finish without the necessary game plan to get it over the line like the Billy Davies side.

Paul thinks we should have a really strong side for the playoffs though with players coming back.  He is a card. Just what I wanted to hear 20 mins after that performance.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952cttrvrqsv55cniu4tu3

Sadly I had a look at this yesterday despite knowing it's a pointless exercise being as that probably all of the teams who are currently in promotion/play off contention will have some unexpected results - however, having said that I still went ahead and did it and calculated that we need 90 points to get second spot but we'll need to beat Carlisle to ensure promotion as Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough will pick up enough points to take it to the last match. I hope I'm wrong (and I'm sure I will be) as I'd really like us to be promoted before the last match so that we can relax, celebrate all day long and be happy to watch a crap performance against Carlisle like we did in 1975 🤞

Edited by Ilkestonian

Replicate these 4 results and automatic

Derby 1 Bolton 0

Derby 2 Reading 1

Bristol Rvs 0 Derby 3

Derby 3 Port Vale 0

Replicate these 3 results and I see the play offs

Northampton 1 Derby 0

Derby 1 Charlton 2

Barnsley 2 Derby 1

So not a clue...altho I said in the Northants thread that 89 points will be squeaky Bum time.

I reckon 4 wins will do, I think we will win our last 3 games.

So then we have got to beat either/both of Blackpool & Wycombe. 

Then take what we can from Pompey away.

I think Peterborough are the ones to watch as their run in isnt too bad we just need to hope a fixture pile up & hopefully injuries hit them

Edited by DCFC1388

2 hours ago, Topram said:

If we had 1 or Collins or Gayle fully fit I think we’d just have enough but honestly think posh will win 7 out of 8 games 

I don't think Peterborough have won 7 games in a row all season so they'd do well to do that

Remember the rest of the top6 bar Portsmouth have f***** up quite a lot so I actually think 3 wins and 2 draws will just about do it (also got our superior goal difference)

So 11 points (89)

Despite it being impossible, as they all play each other, I expect our four promotion rivals to take maximum points from their remaining games, while we fail to pick up a single point for the remainder of the season.

We finish 6th and, despite getting our hopes back up by sneaking past Bolton in the semis, we collapse in the against Lincoln in the final at Wembley blow a 2-0 lead to lose 5-2. Sending 40,000 Derby fans home unhappy, as 378 Imps celebrate promotion on Wembley Way.

Meanwhile, Leeds and Leicester claim Automatic promotion to the Premier League, and Nottingham Forest escape relegation by a point on the final day.All three go on to finish top 10 in the following season.

In League 2, Wrexham are promoted and proceed to spend £300m to assemble to strongest third tier side of all time, meaning that recently relegated Birmingham city have to settle for second place, as the Rams miss out again and head to Wembley to eventually lose to Rotherham. (Who are by then managed by Conor Hourihane)

I still think we'll finish 2nd, mainly because of what a weird season it has been. Something tells me we'll just scrape it on goal difference or something. I'll buy a £15 bottle of LIDL Champagne I'm so very, sort of, maybe, confident.

Points will be dropped, and I think things will look very different come sleepy time on Good Friday evening:

Derby v Blackpool

Stevenage v Bolton

Barnsley v Cambridge

Peterborough v Carlisle

Wycombe v Portsmouth

Stevenage & Wycombe are sods, Cambridge & Carlisle have to get a win to survive.