Season Tickets 24/25

Gaspode

40 minutes ago, Ilkestonian said:

I've just renewed and irrespective of whoever is the manager, whatever the style of play, the results and the division, I'll renew every season because I support Derby County no matter what.

Never get ours till last week before they go up anyway, but will still be there next season. Not a fan of PW, never have been, but i am a rams fan and that is all that counts for me.

1 hour ago, Ilkestonian said:

I've just renewed and irrespective of whoever is the manager, whatever the style of play, the results and the division, I'll renew every season because I support Derby County no matter what.

That's fair enough. I support Derby too (ST holder and 15+ away member), but for someone like me who has a 230 mile round trip every home game £537 to watch a style of football that I can't stand its just not worth it. I'll always follow the club, but unless we're in the Championship next season or Warne is gone in the summer I'm not renewing. 

Edited by Jayram

40 minutes ago, Jayram said:

That's fair enough. I support Derby too (ST holder and 15+ away member), but for someone like me who has a 230 mile round trip every home game £537 to watch a style of football that I can't stand its just not worth it. I'll always follow the club, but unless we're in the Championship next season or Warne is gone in the summer I'm not renewing. 

And that's fair enough too - if I lived that far from Derby then I might think differently but as I've only ever lived a bus ride away, travelling to and from home games has never been an issue.

I wasn't having a dig at anyone with my post so apologies if it came over that way, everyone has to make up their own mind based on their individual circumstances, I was just stating how I felt based on my personal circumstances.  

3 hours ago, chadlad said:

Don’t think I can take another season of Warneball, irrespective of the division we are in.

It definitely plays in to my decision. It’s just not enjoyable at the minute. Last night was just everybody around me moaning. Why do we do it to ourselves! 😂

Edited by Mckram

2 hours ago, Ilkestonian said:

And that's fair enough too - if I lived that far from Derby then I might think differently but as I've only ever lived a bus ride away, travelling to and from home games has never been an issue.

I wasn't having a dig at anyone with my post so apologies if it came over that way, everyone has to make up their own mind based on their individual circumstances, I was just stating how I felt based on my personal circumstances.  

No-one thought you were. It is more difficult with a longish journey and work for midweeks to factor in. We have 4 season tickets - my son's off to uni so that will be mainly wasted and my mum's getting older and doesnt do most evening ones esp when cold so not sure what we'll do. Last night on way home thought no way if stay down and Warne stays but who knows

9 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

No-one thought you were. It is more difficult with a longish journey and work for midweeks to factor in. We have 4 season tickets - my son's off to uni so that will be mainly wasted and my mum's getting older and doesnt do most evening ones esp when cold so not sure what we'll do. Last night on way home thought no way if stay down and Warne stays but who knows

Can understand your view, i would probably think the same if i had a long journey like a lot of fans. I thankfully live close, not to far to travel.

I’m not sure what to do about a season ticket. I’ve been using B4’s since he passed away. I feel like going to every home match is a bit too much with working full-time. The ticket is expensive and I’ll struggle to afford it as my car insurance is due at the same time. Don’t think my dad is ready to give up B4’s seat yet 😢

9 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

I’m not sure what to do about a season ticket. I’ve been using B4’s since he passed away. I feel like going to every home match is a bit too much with working full-time. The ticket is expensive and I’ll struggle to afford it as my car insurance is due at the same time. Don’t think my dad is ready to give up B4’s seat yet 😢

It's a tough call, but I think your dad would want you to be there. Might he help you out with the cost? 

We'll end up renewing come what may because it's a common interest in our family and, bluntly and selfishly, I think watching ugly football is better than gardening, shopping and DIY.

We're also fortunate enough to be able to make football part of a day out with meal and drinks which does mean that the footy doesn't 100% determine whether it's been a good day or not.

That said, if all games were night matches (and with the international breaks there are too many) I don't think we'd bother with PW in league 1 because that is more of a work-drive-football-drive-bed scenario with not a lot to dilute your boredom/disappointment when games or results are poor. 

We could cherry pick games (as I think a lot will do) but I can't be faffed with the faffing.

Basically we'll renew because we love the club.....and I'm lazy.

I have had my season ticket over 40 years so I will buy one anyway but I also buy one for my mate so not so cheap, I totally understand people deliberating about buying one when faced with travelling long distances especially if what they are watching is considered football garbage. For me this season has been interesting because for various reasons ( bereavement, Hospital stays, holidays ) I have missed 6 home fixtures and it hasn’t bothered me in the slightest compared to all the previous seasons where missing one game would be tragic.

I won’t be buying mine until the last week though 

I sort of get why some people are hesitating (especially those travelling long distances) but for me it’s a kind of addiction. I support Derby County and want to see them play (and hopefully win with style every now and then - there’s nowt wrong with dreaming). For me, whilst I’d like them to be competing at the top end of the Premier League, it doesn’t matter what division we’re playing in. I’m not overly enamoured with PW, or the style of football he prefers to play, but I can’t think of any manager being appointed that would cause me not to renew. 

The way I see it is there are four scenarios I can think of, none of which would cause me to hesitate:

1) We get promoted this year and are comfortable in the Championship next season (I’ll worry about the style of football we play if and when we get there)

2) We get promoted this year but struggle/get relegated next season (PW will probably be gone)

3) We don’t get promoted this year but do really well next season (with no justification or rationale I have a feeling this is the most likely)

4) We don’t get promoted this year and don’t do anything special next year (PW will probably be gone at some point during the season)

In any event, I’ll probably renew next month. There’s no hurry but also no point in waiting until the last minute and risk forgetting. COYR

10 hours ago, DerbyRevolution said:

Renewed 3 season tickets for just over £800 on Monday.

Regardless of the the division we’re in I don’t want to see Warne walking out at Pride Park in August.

What about if Warne were forests manager and we play them at home in August in the championship 😀