Season Tickets 24/25

Gaspode

2 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m not sure you’ll get anything in the post so, don’t wait.

To renew you just need to go online (your new price and confirmation of your seat will be there) or ring up. Hurry up though, you’ve only got just over a week.

How much do we think they will go up by?

6 hours ago, Crewton said:

If it was known in advance, it would be easy for someone to knock out a few convincing forgeries - maybe be that was the reason?

Correct. I remember it was changed from numerical order for that reason. 

Those old tear out tickets generally ran in numerical order, but every now and then they'd throw in a curve ball and change the sequence.
I always assumed it was to ensure you'd got the whole book with you, and not just purchased/borrowed/stolen the single voucher, thus more likely to be the genuine STH.  (How many of us would hand over a full book, even to someone we knew!).

... I once bought a single ticket (from a ST book) at Maine Rd.  He ("The spiv") tore out the right numbered voucher, and graciously hovered about until I was in, but I was very nervous that I'd been ripped off!   

... As an aside... I was sat front and centre behind the goal.  I kept looking behind wondering where all the noise was coming from.  It was mid-second half before I spotted the speakers, and the noise was being piped in from the Kippax Terrace to the side.  Surround-Sound football chants!  Cool!  😁

* Didn't help them though... we won 1-2!  🐏

Edited by Mucker1884

7 minutes ago, Archied said:

Would be handy if you could do that at Cambridge tomorrow 

Imagine what that grassy bank behind the ground would look like if we were playing Northampton instead of Cambridge tomorrow? It would be a site for sore eyes, numerous flags and hundreds of Rams fans (until/unless the police moved them on).

9 hours ago, Crewton said:

If it was known in advance, it would be easy for someone to knock out a few convincing forgeries - maybe be that was the reason?

Last match of the season must’ve been a bumper day for fraudsters

2 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Those old tear out tickets generally ran in numerical order, but every now and then they'd throw in a curve ball and change the sequence.
I always assumed it was to ensure you'd got the whole book with you, and not just purchased/borrowed/stolen the single voucher, thus more likely to be the genuine STH.  (How many of us would hand over a full book, even to someone we knew!).

... I once bought a single ticket (from a ST book) at Maine Rd.  He ("The spiv") tore out the right numbered voucher, and graciously hovered about until I was in, but I was very nervous that I'd been ripped off!   

... As an aside... I was sat front and centre behind the goal.  I kept looking behind wondering where all the noise was coming from.  It was mid-second half before I spotted the speakers, and the noise was being piped in from the Kippax Terrace to the side.  Surround-Sound football chants!  Cool!  😁

* Didn't help them though... we won 1-2!  🐏

I recall - but this may be an older brain fade - that we tried enhancing the crowd noise through speakers at the BBG one year. It didn’t last long because the authorities said it was against the rules. 
I think you’re only allowed to broadcast after goals are scored, when subs are made (ie information) and in emergency. 

11 hours ago, Chilwellram said:

We’ve had nothing through the post about renewing ours yet !

Do you know what... I don't recall getting the letter this year.  I could be wrong though.  🤷‍♂️

I got my personal/specific renewal e-mail on Monday 26th Feb
(After I'd already renewed, thanks to posts/reminders on here, I renewed online on day one, which is unusual for me.)

Check your emails/spam.  👍

10 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I used to love the thrill of finding out which number ticket to tear out of the little book when you arrived at the ground.

I used to keep all the ticket books aswell! Shame its all electronic now!!

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Imagine what that grassy bank behind the ground would look like if we were playing Northampton instead of Cambridge tomorrow? It would be a site for sore eyes,

Be careful what you wish for

image.png.b103d1d22d18d8c1ca4a262c5f176890.png 😉