Season Tickets 24/25

Gaspode

22 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

I think there’s a bit of a Spartacus thing going on here. There’s a lot of us who would like B4 immortalised with a regular seat.

His positivity is sadly missed and we could all learn from his lead.

There’s probably only one way this can happen. Someone needs to take a leap of faith. Here’s my suggestion:

Someone agrees to be the lead. 
Anyone who is interested sends a private message to the lead saying what they can contribute. 
The lead then adds all contributions up and sends that amount to B4’s sister.
B4’s sister posts a message on here saying “Thanks for the £xx”. This way the donors aren’t having to trust some random internet forum guy isn’t just going to take their cash and disappear. 
The volunteer donors then send their contributions to the lead.

There are two elements of trust here:
The lead has to trust the volunteer donors will come through, otherwise the lead will be out of pocket. 
The lead could lie about how many donations were offered, and send only some of the contributions through.

I’m willing to take the risk as the lead, and would be happy to let any of the volunteer donors look at my bank account statement to verify that all donations were forwarded.

Thoughts? Are we doing this? I know @B4’s Sister is a bit embarrassed about this, but she didn’t ask for anything so there’s no reason for her to do so.

Or of course there could be simpler way that I didn’t think of 🙂

Ahhh you guys 😊 Thank you so much for being so kind. Had some good news today, my mum and dad are going to buy the season ticket as this year’s birthday and Christmas present (as long as I stay on Santa’s nice list 😂). I’m going to pay for the car parking this season in return. 

Thank you so much for trying to help. You’re all stuck with me for another season 🐏 🐏🐏

1 hour ago, B4’s Sister said:

Ahhh you guys 😊 Thank you so much for being so kind. Had some good news today, my mum and dad are going to buy the season ticket as this year’s birthday and Christmas present (as long as I stay on Santa’s nice list 😂). I’m going to pay for the car parking this season in return. 

Thank you so much for trying to help. You’re all stuck with me for another season 🐏 🐏🐏

4 hours ago, ck- said:

There’s probably only one way this can happen. Someone needs to take a leap of faith. Here’s my suggestion:

Someone agrees to be the lead. 
Anyone who is interested sends a private message to the lead saying what they can contribute. 
The lead then adds all contributions up and sends that amount to B4’s sister.
B4’s sister posts a message on here saying “Thanks for the £xx”. This way the donors aren’t having to trust some random internet forum guy isn’t just going to take their cash and disappear. 
The volunteer donors then send their contributions to the lead.

There are two elements of trust here:
The lead has to trust the volunteer donors will come through, otherwise the lead will be out of pocket. 
The lead could lie about how many donations were offered, and send only some of the contributions through.

I’m willing to take the risk as the lead, and would be happy to let any of the volunteer donors look at my bank account statement to verify that all donations were forwarded.

Thoughts? Are we doing this? I know @B4’s Sister is a bit embarrassed about this, but she didn’t ask for anything so there’s no reason for her to do so.

Or of course there could be simpler way that I didn’t think of 🙂

Great plan bro.

If it wasn't for those pesky... I mean wonderful... parents, you'd have got away with it!  🤣

Brilliant!  😁🤍

So, who's up for a forum whip round to buy @B4's Mum a bouquet?
What we need is for someone to come up with a way of organising it...   👀🤣

Was it your birthday today? I saw your name at halftime and heard your mention as B4's sister. It was lovely.

How about if we fundraise for a flag with a B4 inscription instead? 

There are quite a few new ones in NE corner and a permanent reminder to "Be more B4" or something similar would be a fitting memorial. 

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Was it your birthday today? I saw your name at halftime and heard your mention as B4's sister. It was lovely.

How about if we fundraise for a flag with a B4 inscription instead? 

There are quite a few new ones in NE corner and a permanent reminder to "Be more B4" or something similar would be a fitting memorial. 

Hi Angie, it’s my birthday on Wednesday. A B4 flag would be lovely ❤️

15 minutes ago, B4’s Sister said:

The flowers would be for my dad. My mum can’t stand football 😂

Ah!  But "my mum and dad are going to buy the season ticket as this year’s birthday and Christmas present", which to me just magnifies the generosity and all round mega-mumsiness of the woman.  

Your dad will get his reward by having you at his side on matchdays.

XXX

2 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Belated happy birthday, it made me smile when your name appeared on the big screen and the announcer commented that you were B4's sister 🙂 

Thank you @Simmo’s left foot It’s my birthday on Wednesday. Booked the day off work. Should be illegal to work on your birthday 🎂 

• 4 weeks later...

Just been discussing the merits of renewing or picking games as and when going forwards, nothing to do with the style of football or what division we are in, it's purely the commitment cost versus time and the impact on doing other things, days out, holidays etc etc. 

When the wife pointed out that at the end of the early renewal period, 26th April 4pm, it is also the end of guaranteeing your current seat.... I hadn't realised that and don't remember it being this way in the past.

Not that it has an effect on our decision as it will be renewal at the discount or not at all for us, 4 weeks to decide.....

I'll be renewing my two in the SS but as things stand won't be able to go to too many games next season due to another commitment.

But I hope that sometime in the next 15 years we'll be decent so don't want to lost my seats for that one moment. Think of all those lifelong Newcastle fans who chucked in their ticket in protest at Mike Ashley and who now can't get anywhere near the stadium. Best to keep your hand in the game. 

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

Just been discussing the merits of renewing or picking games as and when going forwards, nothing to do with the style of football or what division we are in, it's purely the commitment cost versus time and the impact on doing other things, days out, holidays etc etc. 

When the wife pointed out that at the end of the early renewal period, 26th April 4pm, it is also the end of guaranteeing your current seat.... I hadn't realised that and don't remember it being this way in the past.

Not that it has an effect on our decision as it will be renewal at the discount or not at all for us, 4 weeks to decide.....

There's always been a cut-off point of course, but yes, I think it always used to be well into the summer. 🤷‍♂️
Much earlier this time around, for whatever reason.