The match day feel good factor

Archied

Always feel great when walking away from the game with a win, no matter how we achieved it.

But today came away with an extra little bit of satisfaction. Watching Steve Evans get p1ssed off on the ninetieth minute. Also him then stood on the sideline pointing to his watch, desperately complaining about time wasting while Wildsmith took a free kick. After he'd smugly sat in the dugout watching his own keeper waste as much time as possible all game. Nearly gave me as much pleasure as Sibley's goal.

7 hours ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Theb were on it for 15 minutes before we scored. Deathly silent before then despite the myth that standing up and making noise go hand in hand,

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Some of us never stopped singing all game, eventually the rest joined in.

… and how the opposition saw it

By SFCfoxYesterday 19:34In response to Gutted

Views: 441

Good day out, best atmosphere i've experienced in a football league match for years.

The goal at the end was a kick in the nadgers, a draw would've been a fair result

By SevYesterday 21:18In response to Re: Gutted

Views: 287

I'd have preferred if the Derby singing section wasn't right next to the away fans. Across the way may have been better to spread out the singing rather than just singing over each other.

They were pretty good fans noise wise and the ground certainly had good acoustics.

By Rob SBFC (Big Robbie (SBFC))Yesterday 22:27In response to Re: Gutted

Views: 162

A cracking atmosphere. Their home end is good. Respect

http://www.borochat.co.uk/article/548128

Edited by WystonRam

8 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

Its late and time for bed but i have had the feelgood factor all evening. Had a few drinks in Uttoxeter tonight and had chats with Stoke, Villa, Wolves and others who all believe Derby are going up. Even a lonely gump said the same but he probably thought he had to!

We're on our way, on our way......................

Just woke up the morning after our fantastic and vital 3 points and still ducking buzzing , at 63 years old it’s great that derby county can still make me feel like a kid at Christmas 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

8 hours ago, Crewton said:

The second half atmosphere was a big plus for me. It was a complete upgrade from the first half, it helped to spur the team on, drowned out the away support and helped to make the second half far more enjoyable. Even the irregular attenders in our section were swept up in it. Brilliant, keep it up everyone, I'm sure the players appreciated it.

Other positives:

- the team stood up well to Stevenage's physicality.

- Bradley had his best game for the club.

- Sibley scored a great goal.

- We gained points on several rivals especially Bolton.

Think many knew before kick off it was going to be a tough game and with a win being vital us fans can fall into the trap of nervous quietness, the vibe gets intense, Stevenage we’re always going to come out and try to bash us up ,,,, warne put out a team capable of saying we ain’t having that shxt ,bring it on , tamed them and then put subs on who won the game late on 

coyr 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

Edited by Archied

7 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Well I for one enjoyed the game and obviously the result. Thought we were lively and energetic throughout but without creating very much and could not really see a goal coming. Without a CF then I guess that's how it is going to be.

Well done to the South Stand. Thought you were loud all game and it was great when North and East joined in in those final minutes. Best atmosphere at PP this season by far.

Hear! Hear! Well done for proactively lifting the entire atmosphere 2nd half. It clearly inspired the team to greater energy. 

I mentioned the very same feelgood factor... and the atmosphere... in my first post in the matchday thread, after returning to my keyboard after the game.  It was most noticeable.  Particularly that last 30 mins.
I also mentioned "For the first time this season" and "Belief".  I stand by my observations.  

This was the beginning.  This will prove to be our turning point.  This was the game we'll be looking back on, come judgement day (Promotion, not death!  Ha Ha!)

Not just the SS, but all around... and not just when ordered to do so by the SS.  Even my NE corner was buzzing, and many more than a mere handful joined in for once!

My only disappointment was when the SS sang "Fatty, Fatty, What's the score?"
There were far too many around me making assumptions, and holding up their own fingers to signify a 1 and a 0, whilst looking around sheepishly!  They need to take a long hard look at themselves!  👀

😁🐏

Was it because that fat island manager of theirs had wound us up,was it the news we were dreading about Collins,was it the way Stevenage and ourselves played first half but something happened in that second half that I didn't expect but, with the rain lashing down and the skies darkened Pride Park come alive again. That atmosphere the last 20 minutes wher all and I mean all the ground joined in with'Derby is massive' will remain with me for a long long time. 

9 hours ago, gfs1ram said:

Well I for one enjoyed the game and obviously the result. Thought we were lively and energetic throughout but without creating very much and could not really see a goal coming. Without a CF then I guess that's how it is going to be.

Well done to the South Stand. Thought you were loud all game and it was great when North and East joined in in those final minutes. Best atmosphere at PP this season by far.

And West!

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Just woke up the morning after our fantastic and vital 3 points and still ducking buzzing , at 63 years old it’s great that derby county can still make me feel like a kid at Christmas 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

Yeah me too, was buzzing last night & woke up in a right good mood 🐏

Re other points about atmosphere yesterday, that second half was the best PP has been since start of last season - the crowd realised we were struggling without a recognised forward but were determined to get behind them. The true measure of a fanbase is how it rallies when things go against them & Derby have few equals in this country. 

Accept the comparison won't be that popular but Steve Evans compared it to Elland Road in his post match presser & it did feel like the rabid 'lets get this lot over the line' togetherness you see from them - of course, the main difference is Derby stand by their team in numbers no matter what division whereas Leeds' crowd numbers plummeted when they were in League One, just like Forest.

Pinched from the Stevenage forum……..sure was a big day out for em! 👍

It is actually seventh (I missed the FAT final against York when posting from the car - that was 47 more than today). Second largest league attendance.

Trophy final vs Kiddy = 53,262.
Newcastle FA Cup = 36,705.
Spurs FA Cup = 35,757.
Villa FA Cup = 32,343.
Sheff Utd (normal league game in first season) = 30,043.
FA Trophy final vs York = 27,102.
Today = 27,055.

1 hour ago, Stockport Ram said:

I feel dirty, ashamed almost. 

I listened to the first half and thought that we were lucky to be 0-0 against Evans’ “non football” team. I felt it was a matter of time before we conceded. 

So I resorted to a good book that I’m  bang in the middle of and left Gillette Soccer Saturday on the screen with sound down low, as most of the in studio pundits bore me. Occasionally I’d glance up just in case it was the moment of the inevitable 0-1 scoreflash, but as 4.30 came and went, my hopes began to flicker that we’d hold on to a best case goalless scenario. 

Usually I give in about ten minutes into the second half and re tune to RD commentary but yesterday I didn’t feel an ounce of temptation. I know not why. “Oh, ye of little faith” springs to mind.

I’d gone to put the kettle on as the full times began to dribble through, and wandered back in, hoping to see us appear.

Then we did. 1-0. Louie Sibley (90).

You just can’t describe that feeling of totally unexpected joy. It’s like a bolt of lightning and the decibel level suddenly and completely involuntarily reached that of an AC/DC concert. Thank goodness SWMBO was out shopping.

The only player left in our entire squad who could produce a moment of magic, had done so. I didn’t even know he was on the pitch, as I’d tuned out before the subs.

Oh, this beautiful football club. 

Love it 💪

1 hour ago, Stockport Ram said:

The only player left in our entire squad who could produce a moment of magic, had done so.

I'm not sure that's true? NML, Wilson, Bird and Barkhuizen are well capable of a bit of 'magic', and 3 of them have actually done so in the past week. CBT might also be capable, but we've yet to find out.

16 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

I'm not sure some of us realise how important the home support can be in seasons like this. We're not going to play like Man City so we have to get behind the players from the off. 

Poor control, bad pass, a slip or mistake........roar them on rather than moan. Encourage every player, all the time, 

It will be the difference between staying in this god awful division and going up,

Exactly. We won and they didn't