The match day feel good factor

Archied

6 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Stop being such an attention seeking childΒ 

How is that attention seeking, exactly?

Are you seeking attention by telling me to stop seeking attention? It might get you a few likes, I guess.

Are you a massive hypocrite? I don't think I even need to guess that one.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Just now, May Contain Nuts said:

How is that attention seeking, exactly?

Are you seeking attention by telling me to stop seeking attention?

Are you a massive hypocrite?

Did you not understand what this thread was about was it to complicated for you to understand it was a feel good thread.Β 

Echo everyone's thoughts in here, it felt good today, especially putting the large chap in his place! Other areas of the crowd seemed to join in today which was great. Still second with the games ticking down. The whole team put a shift in and did what they had to do without Collins. So happy for Sonny getting man of the match. Can't wait for next weekend!

2 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Absolutely not! I hate the idea that you're not a proper supporter unless you're comfortable letting loose your inhibitions and shouting random s*** in support of a football team.

I appreciate it when others do but it's not for me, I couldn't and I wouldn't. I'd die of embarrassment 'singing' some of the stuff the fans come out witth, I hate the sound of my voice, and I don't want to spend 3 days recovering from a sore throat after every mach!

That doesn't mean my ears don't work though, and even if there are a hardcore few in the south stand making it doesn't really come across, unfortunately, even though there's been a 12 year campaign for the white elephant of safe standing.

I always go to work on a Monday with a sore throat after supporting the Rams.

I never said your not a proper supporter if you don't sing. I do feel you don't have a right to complain about singing if you don't join in yourself though.

Anyway, up the Rams. lets cheer them om to promotion.

3 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Did you not understand what this thread was about was it to complicated for you to understand it was a feel good thread.Β 

Have you posted anything 'feelgood' then?

I've contributed a rather lovely song to the thread, you've contributed... an insult.

Way to go.

Edited by May Contain Nuts

2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

I always go to work on a Monday with a sore throat after supporting the Rams.

I never said your not a proper supporter if you don't sing. I do feel you don't have a right to complain about singing if you don't join in yourself though.

Anyway, up the Rams. lets cheer them om to promotion.

Not a complaint, just an observation! I appreciate the efforts of all who sing but if we're claiming 'the south stand were on it all game' then it would have been a lot more noticeable?

I feel that's where this forum really struggles tbh, everything is seen as a criticism even when it's not.

17 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

Not a complaint, just an observation! I appreciate the efforts of all who sing but if we're claiming 'the south stand were on it all game' then it would have been a lot more noticeable?

I feel that's where this forum really struggles tbh, everything is seen as a criticism even when it's not.

Maybe this forum struggles with people who just intended to make a simple observation, but write it in language that sounds highly critical?

Instead of:

"ThebΒ wereΒ on it for 15 minutes before we scored. Deathly silent before then despite the myth that standing up and making noise go hand in hand"

How about...

"ThebΒ wereΒ on it for 15 minutes before we scored. Was quieter than I expected it to be beforehand though. I was hopeful the safe standing would have increased the noise, but so far it doesn't seem to have made an impact"

1 hour ago, Archied said:

Can we please have this one thread as a place where people can come in to enjoy the after glow of matches we get a good result for fans that enjoy that kind of thing between now and the end of the season , it’s not a big ask , it’s not trying to ban anyone and if your not a troll or someone just out to spoil the mood or enjoyment for others Β then I’m sure you won’t want to post in here ,

today feels great to me, if you feel good about today post away and post in here till season end ,

Roll on next SaturdayΒ 

Β 

24 minutes ago, May Contain Nuts said:

@May Contain Nuts

Please read @ArchiedΒ s opening post above.

Β 

You can find other threads not so positive but the OP has specifically asked for posters to be positive about todays win. Its not really hard to find somewhere else to moan is it?

One thing that was particularly great about today’s win was the contribution of Smith, Bradley and Sibley.

It’s great to see players who had been written off in some quarters play an important role in an important win.

As we’ve seen with all of the injuries, we are going to need everyone to play their part.

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Can we please have this one thread as a place where people can come in to enjoy the after glow of matches we get a good result for fans that enjoy that kind of thing between now and the end of the season , it’s not a big ask , it’s not trying to ban anyone and if your not a troll or someone just out to spoil the mood or enjoyment for others Β then I’m sure you won’t want to post in here ,

today feels great to me, if you feel good about today post away and post in here till season end ,

Roll on next SaturdayΒ 

Its late and time for bed but i have had the feelgood factor all evening. Had a few drinks in Uttoxeter tonight and had chats with Stoke, Villa, Wolves and others who all believe Derby are going up. Even a lonely gump said the same but he probably thought he had to!

We're on our way, on our way......................

The second half atmosphere was a big plus for me. It was a complete upgrade from the first half, it helped to spur the team on, drowned out the away support and helped to make the second half far more enjoyable. Even the irregular attenders in our section were swept up in it. Brilliant, keep it up everyone, I'm sure the players appreciated it.

Other positives:

- the team stood up well to Stevenage's physicality.

- Bradley had his best game for the club.

- Sibley scored a great goal.

- We gained points on several rivals especially Bolton.

10 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

One thing that was particularly great about today’s win was the contribution of Smith, Bradley and Sibley.

It’s great to see players who had been written off in some quarters play an important role in an important win.

As we’ve seen with all of the injuries, we are going to need everyone to play their part.

Thought Bradley was immense today. Won every header and made a great clearance off the line. Smith and Sibley were superb off the bench.

We're going to need them all in the run in.

Well I for one enjoyed the game and obviously the result. Thought we were lively and energetic throughout but without creating very much and could not really see a goal coming. Without a CF then I guess that's how it is going to be.

Well done to the South Stand. Thought you were loud all game and it was great when North and East joined in in those final minutes. Best atmosphere at PP this season by far.

55 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Maybe this forum struggles with people who just intended to make a simple observation, but write it in language that sounds highly critical?

Instead of:

"ThebΒ wereΒ on it for 15 minutes before we scored. Deathly silent before then despite the myth that standing up and making noise go hand in hand"

How about...

"ThebΒ wereΒ on it for 15 minutes before we scored. Was quieter than I expected it to be beforehand though. I was hopeful the safe standing would have increased the noise, but so far it doesn't seem to have made an impact"

I'd be lying if I said that though.

I've never thought safe standing would improve things, I expected no change to the atmosphere. That said yeah, I hoped to be proved wrong.

Dragged myself off my seemingly permanent death bed today to go - first time I've been able to manage it since Christmas. The walk from London Road to the ground left me utterly shattered, but even in the North East corner, I managed a couple of 'Come On Derby's.

Utterly saturated on the walk back afterwards, but I didn't give a toss. We'd won, and I 'bounced' back to my car.

Anyone know whether it kicked off in the car park afterwards? I had removed my hearing aids because of the weather, and my specs haven't got wiper blades so I was as blind as I am deaf. I saw a few people looking and a few running back, then there were a bunch of meat wagons and cop cars with their woo-woos on whizzing past the velodrome a couple of minutes later.

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Dragged myself off my seemingly permanent death bed today to go - first time I've been able to manage it since Christmas. The walk from London Road to the ground left me utterly shattered, but even in the North East corner, I managed a couple of 'Come On Derby's.

Utterly saturated on the walk back afterwards, but I didn't give a toss. We'd won, and I 'bounced' back to my car.

Anyone know whether it kicked off in the car park afterwards? I had removed my hearing aids because of the weather, and my specs haven't got wiper blades so I was as blind as I am deaf. I saw a few people looking and a few running back, then there were a bunch of meat wagons and cop cars with their woo-woos on whizzing past the velodrome a couple of minutes later.

Nothing to talk about Eddie. Teenage stone islanders hand bags by all accounts.Β 

Me and you would have chased them from Douglas Street to Midland Road even at our age.