Paul Warne

Day

On 01/09/2024 at 11:56, May Contain Nuts said:

You're in danger of confusing patience with blind faith, there's not a straight divide between the two positions though. Some simply people need a lot more evidence than others before they're going to believe that things are going to work out.

Ignoring the idiotic / insulting stuff there have over the past 2 season been plenty of erudite posts from people expressing their in depth and evidence based concerns over Warne and what the future holds under him, and for long spells of time Warne wasn't offering up anywhere near enough for those concerns to be addressed, nor were the posters in or edging toward the blind faith territory able to offer up a similar level of debate as to exactly why such levels of patience should be shown.

That situation did even itself out and there have been some excellent and detailed justifications for continued belief in Warne - and obviously it's easier when we start winning games, no matter the performances themselves often still lacking -  but the people now are giving it the big "I told you so. We just needed to be patient" line who were just sat there shouting down people making criticisms without actually being able to counter them are no more justified in their position than anyone else.

Personaly I feel like yesterday's game could be a watershed moment, it was a performance that did infact address quite a few of my concerns but are some still lingering, and I've seen what I thought of as progress from Warne before only for it to turn out to be a false dawn.

As for the other recent 'development' on this thread - at least give @GeneralRam (who might not have see the post screenshotting him) the right of reply. That was not long after the Stevenage game and directly after we'd put in another rubbish performance in cup game against lower league opposition (there was a high scoring win against Northampton in between). Warne's attitude in his interview with Radio Derby after the Stevenage game massively got people's backs up, and rightly so. Context as always is important, especially when dredging up isolated posts from nearly a year ago.

Agree

but for every considered well reasoned opinion theres a idiotic one too.

They just wont be so loud or prominent right now 

I just think we’ve seen 3 very different home performances, each showing a facet of this team and perhaps Warne’s influence.

Boro: manned the ramparts against an established side with superior integration and technical ability. Stood up in difficult circumstances. 

Brizzle: Outgunned them both physically and technically. Not dissimilar to us in style and approach but lacking when the chickens roosted

Cardiff: Met Muscle with Muscle but had the technical edge and the desire 

Another poster suggested that the Sheffield game is another test for PW. Can we adapt away from home and get something on the  board ? Very astute comment in my mind. Not easy but very interesting and not in the desperate circumstances that some thought we might be in sooner rather than later. 
Whatever …. To those with doubts we have had the soundest of starts to a season that will be challenging but I have no doubts that it will for the majority of the time be entertaining rather than a struggle to survive. He isn’t Clough but the boy’s done good so far which is probably why is is so quiet in certain quarters 

Yeah think we have to go to a back 3 now if Ozoh is out, Cardiffs best spell in the game came literally the second he went off. He will be a huge miss, we don’t have anyone who can play that role as effectively, Ebou doesn’t have the discipline. 

Two difficult games now will give some of the anti-Warne’s some ammunition again methinks but solid start to the season and good technical signings, Goudmijn Yates Harness all good footballers. Lovely to watch at times.

6 hours ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yeah think we have to go to a back 3 now if Ozoh is out, Cardiffs best spell in the game came literally the second he went off. He will be a huge miss, we don’t have anyone who can play that role as effectively, Ebou doesn’t have the discipline. 

Two difficult games now will give some of the anti-Warne’s some ammunition again methinks but solid start to the season and good technical signings, Goudmijn Yates Harness all good footballers. Lovely to watch at times.

I think if we switch to a back five with Nyambe and Elder as wing backs we can kiss goodbye to possession.

We need support for Kenzo in the middle to allow him to feed the front three.

Osborn didn’t play that well yesterday but with an extra week’s training should be more effective there. 

7 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

Sheff Utd away with Ozoh likely missing is the perfect/ideal time to switch to a back 3 to try & get something from a very touch game. 

343 with Phillips coming in for Ozoh

Nat Phillips has played holding midfield for Liverpool before apparently, so a straight swap for Ozoh with everything else remaining the same would make sense.

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Summer signings:

• Kenzo
  • JWZ
  • Jackson
  • Osborn
  • Yates
  • Ozoh
  • Harness 
  • Phillips

The performances from those that have played suggest we might look back on this window as a brilliant one.

Does some credit need to go to the new data analyst? Has Mo unearthed some gems? 

3 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Zero point being this tribal. Just enjoy the win.

You are right of course as supporters and fans, but this is the Paul Warne thread. Exchanging views is the very reason it exists. 

When we lose, all parties (for, against and undecided) voice their opinions. Something happens and there is a consequent group discussion. There will be another one when we next lose

When we win it is different, the against just don’t turn up. I think that tells us something, it is only reasonable to mention it in the course of a discussion . I’d also suggest that most of us weigh the good and the bad rather than being tribal. Personally I’d have no problem criticising the manager if we slump. I don’t think there is a tribe on one side of the fence. It’s a mixed bunch with subtly different views. There is a tribe on the other side of aforesaid fence who only come out when it’s raining.

9 hours ago, jono said:

I just think we’ve seen 3 very different home performances, each showing a facet of this team and perhaps Warne’s influence.

Boro: manned the ramparts against an established side with superior integration and technical ability. Stood up in difficult circumstances. 

Brizzle: Outgunned them both physically and technically. Not dissimilar to us in style and approach but lacking when the chickens roosted

Cardiff: Met Muscle with Muscle but had the technical edge and the desire 

Another poster suggested that the Sheffield game is another test for PW. Can we adapt away from home and get something on the  board ? Very astute comment in my mind. Not easy but very interesting and not in the desperate circumstances that some thought we might be in sooner rather than later. 
Whatever …. To those with doubts we have had the soundest of starts to a season that will be challenging but I have no doubts that it will for the majority of the time be entertaining rather than a struggle to survive. He isn’t Clough but the boy’s done good so far which is probably why is is so quiet in certain quarters 

I actually reckon we will turn out to be decent away from home and nick a fair few vital points , as seen at home ,we are hard to break down , have pace and ability on the break and a fighting spirit , if we can stay relatively injury free or at least not over burdened with them this could be a very decent and pleasing season ,

do I have faith in warne and the recruitment team to spend wisely and build our club ?    Oh ducking yes