Paul Warne

Day

1 hour ago, sage said:

Why? If someone has a legitimate point to make, let them make it. I don't see why posters should try and control what other people want to talk about. 

Mostly they don't have any points to make, its just the same old every time they post. Nobody is controlling, its just about calling out the trolls, and supporting the team.

1 minute ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

Mostly they don't have any points to make, its just the same old every time they post. Nobody is controlling, its just about calling out the trolls, and supporting the team.

There are a couple but there are also many others with legitimate points being shut down. In terms of supporting the team, people don't go to games shouting 'Warne, I have serious concerns about your tactical flexibility if we get promoted'  

Edited by sage

1 hour ago, CBX1985 said:

Can and should are different things.  You can debate anything at anytime.  It doesn't mean you should.

It comes across to me as pure Monty Python to have a debate about sacking a manager two games out from a clubs greatest achievement since 2006/07. 

Lol. Greatest achievement since 2006/7? You think coming second in League 1 playing turgid football is an achievement? Lets debate it.

Nah that's okay, it's not appropriate. 👍

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lol. Greatest achievement since 2006/7? You think coming second in League 1 playing turgid football is an achievement? Lets debate it.

Securing promotion from any division with any brand of football is an achievement, let’s get cracking on the debate…..

16 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

If we'd go up finishing sixth playing the worst football ever seen it would be the  best achievement since 2006/07. We have achieved exactly nothing tangible since then.  Come close a few times, but fallen short.

We can only start to play flowing football in the Championship.  We could be the 1970 Brazil team and would struggle in this league.  Getting promoted is a stunning achievement - even if it is our minimum standard.

35 minutes ago, Simmo’s left foot said:

This isn't twitter, there are very few people if any that I'd regard as trolls on here. You can simply not engage if you don't like the posts, but it's disingenuous to claim people are trolling. 

6 minutes ago, CBX1985 said:

If we'd go up finishing sixth playing the worst football ever seen it would be the  best achievement since 2006/07. We have achieved exactly nothing tangible since then.  Come close a few times, but fallen short.

We can only start to play flowing football in the Championship.  We could be the 1970 Brazil team and would struggle in this league.  Getting promoted is a stunning achievement - even if it is our minimum standard.

😆

This really isn't the League 1 of old, whatever that means. There's been very little kicking and out-muscling and much playing of football to a greater or lesser extent. Don't we hold the stats for 'airball' Warneball? 😄

It isn't a stunning achievement, but it is literally an achievement. As has been said elsewhere we weren't relegated on footballing inability but on administrative inability.

Edited by RoyMac5

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What do you want to discuss? Everyone agrees the quality of football hasn't been great but that’s all you keep harping on about.

9 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

First promotion for 17 years. First automatic promotion for nearly 30 years. Let’s counter your argument and say you think that finishing 3rd, playing good football but failing where it really matters is an achievement?

The arrogant attitude that anything less than running away with the title with triple figure points is a failure is why big clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Notts Forest etc got stuck down here for longer.

Less than two years ago we had about 6 players, no academy, no manager and had to play pre-season in temporary shirts because we didn’t even have kits. We were also put under restrictions, which still haven’t run out yet. So yes, I think getting automatic promotion in this timeframe is an achievement. A very good one, actually.

2 minutes ago, Kernow said:

First promotion for 17 years. First automatic promotion for nearly 30 years. Let’s counter your argument and say you think that finishing 3rd, playing good football but failing where it really matters is an achievement?

The arrogant attitude that anything less than running away with the title with triple figure points is a failure is why big clubs like Sunderland, Ipswich, Notts Forest etc got stuck down here for longer.

Less than two years ago we had about 6 players, no academy, no manager and had to play pre-season in temporary shirts because we didn’t even have kits. We were also put under restrictions, which still haven’t run out yet. So yes, I think getting automatic promotion in this timeframe is an achievement. A very good one, actually.

You could add in - most points accumulated in a season, most away wins in a season, best goal difference, but I still think you'd be wasting your time.

Sky TV has somehow managed to programme alot of fans into thinking successful pass completion, higher xG and touches in the opposition penalty area are all more important than the above...

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

You could add in - most points accumulated in a season, most away wins in a season, best goal difference, but I still think you'd be wasting your time.

Sky TV has somehow managed to programme alot of fans into thinking successful pass completion, higher xG and touches in the opposition penalty area are all more important than the above...

I do wonder how some people actually get into football. What I love most is winning, as long as the only stat we win in is goals scored, then I’m happy. I get the criticism of it, if you don’t play good football then you absolutely have to get the results, because you have nothing to fall back on and people will turn quicker as shown numerous times this season.

But the reason you watch your team is to hopefully see them win, surely? I really don’t see how getting automatic promotion from any league can be twisted into a negative. And like you said, our points are at a record level and will hopefully make it into the 90s. Biggest goal difference, second highest number of wins. You can’t even argue that we’ve got lucky.

1 hour ago, Mick Brolly said:

What do you want to discuss? Everyone agrees the quality of football hasn't been great but that’s all you keep harping on about.

It was a quote from a post above it about being able to discuss things. But there you go again with your nasty retorts.

41 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Glad your happy. 👍

As I replied, yes an achievement. Done with some of the League's best players and best paid players. Oh, well not yet done, so probably scraped in. An achievement though.

3 minutes ago, Srg said:

Wonder if the record books will have an asterisk in them for "scraped it playing Warne-ball".

(should we get over the line - not to tempt fate)

Does this qualify as a legitimate point worthy of debate?

No, I didn’t think so.