Paul Warne

Day

6 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

This sort of makes it sound like Warne is having little impact on the team.

My point was probably a bit subtle. I was not saying Warne should go or stay more that if he went and was replaced I doubt we'd be much better off. We are limited by player capability much more than Manager skill.

The proof of our squad level was in the last window where apart from Bird (who wanted out) no one attracted any substantive bid!

47 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

My point was probably a bit subtle. I was not saying Warne should go or stay more that if he went and was replaced I doubt we'd be much better off. We are limited by player capability much more than Manager skill.

The proof of our squad level was in the last window where apart from Bird (who wanted out) no one attracted any substantive bid!

Cashin £4 million notwithstanding.

5 hours ago, sage said:

irrational and puerile, lovely. 

I don't think he is a bad manager. I think he is a good League One manager for a club with low to medium expectations. 

Well I think they are appropriate words for some of the anti arguments. The juvenile are often irrational, not sure what you mean by “lovely” Irony perchance.  That choice of words are part of my view on certain posters opinions. I know they have a view on mine and are comfortable voicing it. 

I think he’s a reasonably good league 1 manager, As a pro manager he has flaws, he isn’t a genius but is doing a sound enough job so far. I don’t think your addition of “a club with low to medium expectations” is accurate because: 

In the first place he is expected to and has been given the target of getting us promoted. That isn’t a “low/medium” expectation. What do you want .. an FA cup win thrown in for good measure ? 

Secondly .. we are in league one, like it or not. In this position and with our MM legacy we aren’t going to get Wenger out of retirement. That isn’t lack of ambition or expectation. It’s a simple fact and honest realism. 

3 hours ago, jono said:

Well I think they are appropriate words for some of the anti arguments. The juvenile are often irrational, not sure what you mean by “lovely” Irony perchance.  That choice of words are part of my view on certain posters opinions. I know they have a view on mine and are comfortable voicing it. 

I think he’s a reasonably good league 1 manager, As a pro manager he has flaws, he isn’t a genius but is doing a sound enough job so far. I don’t think your addition of “a club with low to medium expectations” is accurate because: 

In the first place he is expected to and has been given the target of getting us promoted. That isn’t a “low/medium” expectation. What do you want .. an FA cup win thrown in for good measure ? 

Secondly .. we are in league one, like it or not. In this position and with our MM legacy we aren’t going to get Wenger out of retirement. That isn’t lack of ambition or expectation. It’s a simple fact and honest realism. 

Thank You for dismissing other people's views again and offering strawman arguments.

I'll leave it there.

7 hours ago, sage said:

Thank You for dismissing other people's views again and offering strawman arguments.

I'll leave it there.

You’re not too bad at it yourself. I note you didn’t mention my argument. That’s being straw man ! .
I defended my comment that you criticised, then gave an evidence to defend that rebuttal and then addressed your inaccurate contention of the low to medium expectation, with my counter contention. 

I think you need a dictionary before you start using trite newspeak phrases like strawman. Jargon is very tiresome especially when used incorrectly. 

Edited by jono

1 hour ago, jono said:

You’re not too bad at it yourself. I note you didn’t mention my argument. That’s being straw man ! .
I defended my comment that you criticised, then gave an evidence to defend that rebuttal and then addressed your inaccurate contention of the low to medium expectation, with my counter contention. 

I think you need a dictionary before you start using trite newspeak phrases like strawman. Jargon is very tiresome especially when used incorrectly. 

Straw man is making up an imagined scenario. I merely stopped arguing as you were being continuously rude and condescending. Not noticed this behaviour from you before and you seem to want to carry on in the same vein, so I'll say goodbye.

3 hours ago, sage said:

Straw man is making up an imagined scenario. I merely stopped arguing as you were being continuously rude and condescending. Not noticed this behaviour from you before and you seem to want to carry on in the same vein, so I'll say goodbye.

And this isn’t rude and condescending ?

I didn’t imagine a scenario, I challenged your assertion regarding low/medium expectations. 

I haven’t come across this facet of your character either. 

1 hour ago, jono said:

And this isn’t rude and condescending ?

I didn’t imagine a scenario, I challenged your assertion regarding low/medium expectations. 

I haven’t come across this facet of your character either. 

You imagined what I was referring to as expectations as winning the FA Cup in a mocking tone.

You could have asked what I meant or read countless posts by various posters on this matter referring to a) style of play and b) progress beyond promotion.

12 minutes ago, GeneralRam said:

Paul Warne is still a 🤡 

Very strange reaction to a win, you’re almost disappointed that we won?

We’re second in the table. Whether you enjoy his football or management style is a different question, but ‘big’’ sides have failed multiple times in this division. If you look at results alone, he’s actually doing a very good job. To call him a clown is a little childish in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

Very strange reaction to a win, you’re almost disappointed that we won?

We’re second in the table. Whether you enjoy his football or management style is a different question, but ‘big’’ sides have failed multiple times in this division. If you look at results alone, he’s actually doing a very good job. To call him a clown is a little childish in my opinion.

Be careful someone will say your being condescending