Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

47 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

It's completely understandable that DC, having saved the Club by spending a significant part of his wealth, will want to seek outside investment in order to continue our progress. Assuming next Saturday goes to plan, being a Championship club is going to make Derby County a far more attractive proposition than has been the case this last 2 years.

Any investment bought in will be a help, particularly for Clowes. However, I also think the club will want to make sure they don’t stretch things financially. I’m not sure we want to start having big losses on our accounts yet 

16 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

If we're going to stick with 3 at the back, wing backs and 2 up front (which I think PW will)... I'd like to see a front two of Sam Nombe and Jonson Clarke-Harris! Pace, power, a history of goals and wouldn't cost the Earth.

I hope Nombe would be able to improve on his 2 championship goals in 39 appearances this season if we did sign him 😱

1 minute ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

I hope Nombe would be able to improve on his 2 championship goals in 39 appearances this season if we did sign him 😱

He's been regularly played out of position and, lets face it, anyone would have struggled for goals in that Rotherham side this season 🤣 

That record might work in our favour as he'd cost a fee. He was impressive at Exeter and I'm confident we'd see more of that sort of player with us creating more chances 😊

On 21/04/2024 at 10:07, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

If we're going to stick with 3 at the back, wing backs and 2 up front (which I think PW will)... I'd like to see a front two of Sam Nombe and Jonson Clarke-Harris! Pace, power, a history of goals and wouldn't cost the Earth.

Nombe - 2 league goals in the equivalnet to 32 games
Clarke-Harris - Only 2 starts this calander year, with a player who our U18 staff felt was better on the wing when with us 3 years ago preferred upfront. He's only played the equivalent to 16 league games this season.

Thelo Bair a 24 year old Canadian from Motherwell would be a great signing for our system. Plays striker or left wing and got into the Scottish team of the year. He only has one year left on his contract so can’t imagine he’d be crazy money by any means. 

He has 13 goals and 4 assists in 33 games so far this season in a poor Motherwell side. 

Is also a hard worker and good on the ball and stands at 6 foot 4 so is well able to hold the ball up and win headers. 

Edited by Eoghan1884

55 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Nombe - 2 league goals in the equivalnet to 32 games
Clarke-Harris - Only 2 starts this calander year, with a player who our U18 staff felt was better on the wing when with us 3 years ago preferred upfront. He's only played the equivalent to 16 league games this season.

Not saying we should sign him but in JCH defence i think his lack of match time has come from him turning down moves away and upsetting DMAC and Fry.

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Not saying we should sign him but in JCH defence i think his lack of match time has come from him turning down moves away and upsetting DMAC and Fry.

I read  last week that it was a decision by Ferguson at the start of the season to play as a team with more pace. He said JCH couldn’t offer that and told him as much. Would be  used as a back up until sold. The sale didn’t happen , the club said no fall out because of  that and he has been used ( although sparingly ) since then . 

Keep Wildsmith, Nyambe, Rooney, Nelson, Cashin , Ward, Wilson, Sibley, Fozzy, Thomo, Smith, Adams, NML, Collins, Brown. 

Sell  Vickers, Elder , Hourihane, Fornah, Barks, Waghorn, Washington, Gayle, CBT 

10 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Keep Wildsmith, Nyambe, Rooney, Nelson, Cashin , Ward, Wilson, Sibley, Fozzy, Thomo, Smith, Adams, NML, Collins, Brown. 

Sell  Vickers, Elder , Hourihane, Fornah, Barks, Waghorn, Washington, Gayle, CBT 

Washington has a year left on his contract, who would buy him

55 minutes ago, Magicman said:

Vickers, Elder, Fornah, Washington and Blackett-Taylor all contracted for at least 1 more season. The others are out of contract.

Edited by Ghost of Clough

11 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Vickers, Elder, Fornah, Washington and Blackett-Taylor all contracted for at least 1 more season. The others are out of contract.

Sell: Bradley

2 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Still sell them !!