Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

6 hours ago, Oldben said:

Devante Cole is out of contract in the summer.

Would be a good signing for us, capable of playing at the championship level.

Got 1 in 24 two years ago.  His resume isn't the best either. Had a lot of clubs. He looks to have found his feet at league 1 level and at 28 it's probably as good as he's getting. 

I'd probably take Phillips.  26, quick feet and 10 goals from midfield.  A year left on contract so a reasonable fee may be accepted with sell on.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/league-two/top-scorers

We should probably look into signing any of the top 4 or 5 players from here.

They'd probably be interested in playing for us in the Championship and have the right attributes to help us in that division.

All of those players in that group have scored at least 20+ goals.

Strikers a position we should spend some money on.

On 21/04/2024 at 10:07, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

If we're going to stick with 3 at the back, wing backs and 2 up front (which I think PW will)... I'd like to see a front two of Sam Nombe and Jonson Clarke-Harris! Pace, power, a history of goals and wouldn't cost the Earth.

If we go with 352 then you’ve essentially signed CBT and given NML a new contract for no reason? 

I hope he goes for 343 if he wants to continue with 3 at the back - meaning we’d need 2 very athletic central midfielders to do what Ebou does to allow the rest of the team to do their jobs. 

10 hours ago, Oldben said:

Devante Cole is out of contract in the summer.

Would be a good signing for us, capable of playing at the championship level.

He’s been crap every season he’s played above this level hasn’t he? 

On 18/04/2024 at 23:53, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Simon Francis was the replacement but they wouldn't budge.

Francis was a right-back - how was he supposed to be a replacement for Forsyth?

Assuming we resort to 343 or 352, we need to sign Adams and a mobile upgrade on Hourihane. I'd love us to pick up Sheehan from Bolton or Brannigan from Oxford, somebody who can spray the ball around and create but also have to legs to get around the pitch.

Then we just need to conjour a goalscoring, hard working, fitness freak striker and I'm sure there are loads of affordable options around 🙃

2 hours ago, Dartmouth Ram said:

Harrison Burrows contract is up at Peterborough at the end of the season. Would take him in a heartbeat, superb LWB.

Think there’s rumours that he’s already off to Celtic, but even if that’s not true, I imagine there would be a lot of teams in for him that can/would pay more than us.

2 hours ago, BatRam said:

what sort of position are we in financially? have we got money to spend? have we any restrictions still? 

The information available suggests that all restrictions/EFL approved business plan on the back of admin end this summer, meaning we are free to trade within the club’s means. What that looks like only Clowes and Pearce will know for sure I guess. 
There was accounts info published recently that was discussed by people in this thread, that might help;

My own thoughts are that we’ve maybe got some money sat in the bank from the Bird sale, if we go up will have guaranteed increased revenue for at least a season in the championship through the better tv money, have some high earners potentially moving on, so should see some recruitment of free agents AND some fees being spent “normally” for the first time in years. It’s quite exciting. 

I don’t know much of modern day Scottish footballers but I’ll drop in one random name (as I know those are the best ones, right?)

Topi Keskinen, 21, playing for the HJK currently. Clocked 36.2 km/h against PAOK, which makes him one of the fastest footballers in the world.

He will be sold this summer, 2 millions is rumoured so out of our price range if miracle, like Cashin to Brighton, doesn’t happen. I know Topi will prefer a team where he gets to play, rather than earning massive move and sit on the bench. 

He has played as an inside forward (preferred), winger and a wing back. 

Hard to imagine safer 2 million investment. Even Pukki and Morelos were cheaper so that tells something.

Ps. Last Finn I recommended was a thin keeper playing in Denmark, who just won the Bundesliga as a Leverkusen captain😉

8 hours ago, FKANorwichExile said:

Assuming we resort to 343 or 352, we need to sign Adams and a mobile upgrade on Hourihane. I'd love us to pick up Sheehan from Bolton or Brannigan from Oxford, somebody who can spray the ball around and create but also have to legs to get around the pitch.

Then we just need to conjour a goalscoring, hard working, fitness freak striker and I'm sure there are loads of affordable options around 🙃

Was going to say Sheehan and Brannigan the two I’d want for centre mid. Either be excellent hopefully alongside Adams.