Dwight Gayle - Signed until the end of the season

Topram

56 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

We just need someone to come in and help out for a couple of months. We aren't in a position to be too choosy about it

Indeed. But I’m not sure Chat GTP understands this………….yet!

I think with Collins out and him being our only number 9, that we will syart to see more of a 3412/3421 like we finished with yesterday meaning Gayle would likely be in a front 2 with NML until Waggy & Washington are fit. We could switch to 343 with Barkhuizen, Sibley & CBT.

In the next few weeks our attacking options could well be Gayle Waghorn Washington NML CBT Barkhuizen Sibley Wilson so thats still alot of good attacking options at this level

This thread does remind me a lot of the Jordan Rhodes thread when we were linked to him in the summer. Similar concerns and arguments around the signing and he’s 18 g/a in 25 games now. 

I think he’ll come in score a couple goals start the odd game be useful off the bench and then leave in the summer. Decent deal.

He’d do a job in the last 1/3 of the season.  He could come in, play 10-12 games and maybe get around 5 goals, give or take.

Couple of things I picked up on Warne’s interview.  He said we’d been working with the EFL on the deal ahead of submitting it on Friday.  Given our new improved relationship with them, I’d like to think we’ve put something together that meets their criteria and this gets done early next week.  He also said Waggy’s fit enough to play 20mins, another week of training and he could be on the bench next week 🤞.

6 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

He’d do a job in the last 1/3 of the season.  He could come in, play 10-12 games and maybe get around 5 goals, give or take.

Couple of things I picked up on Warne’s interview.  He said we’d been working with the EFL on the deal ahead of submitting it on Friday.  Given our new improved relationship with them, I’d like to think we’ve put something together that meets their criteria and this gets done early next week.  He also said Waggy’s fit enough to play 20mins, another week of training and he could be on the bench next week 🤞.

After listening to the Pearce/ Dom Dietrich interview on Radio Derby, Pearce said that once the January window closed, that brought an end to all EFL restrictions, so why are they still involved in the free agent market ?

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

I think with Collins out and him being our only number 9, that we will syart to see more of a 3412/3421 like we finished with yesterday meaning Gayle would likely be in a front 2 with NML until Waggy & Washington are fit. We could switch to 343 with Barkhuizen, Sibley & CBT.

In the next few weeks our attacking options could well be Gayle Waghorn Washington NML CBT Barkhuizen Sibley Wilson so thats still alot of good attacking options at this level

CBT will have to improve a lot to be in the mix.

8 minutes ago, hintonsboots said:

After listening to the Pearce/ Dom Dietrich interview on Radio Derby, Pearce said that once the January window closed, that brought an end to all EFL restrictions, so why are they still involved in the free agent market ?

My understanding of that, which I could be wrong and happily be corrected, was that this was very sloppy wording and what he meant was this was the final transfer window with restrictions 

In theory as you'd only be doing deals in the window, that would be the end of that... Apart from we've signed a free agent after both windows this season 

Interesting that all the paperwork was done before the deadline friday so he could play against stevenage but efl held it up 

but they let reading sign player after player and do not pay them on time 

i've got a feeling they might block this don't know why but it seems a bit weird not to ratify a free agent who needs a living wage a job

21 minutes ago, Thameram said:

Interesting that all the paperwork was done before the deadline friday so he could play against stevenage but efl held it up 

but they let reading sign player after player and do not pay them on time 

i've got a feeling they might block this don't know why but it seems a bit weird not to ratify a free agent who needs a living wage a job

If the EFL do turn down our attempt to sign Gayle, you would assume the player would be entitled to seek the support of the PFA in a restriction of trade situation. Whether he would is unlikely but I would guess offers from other clubs should be considered irrelevant.

If it is blocked by the clowns at the EFL then I'd be demanding a full rationale as to why.

- We have whatever we got in the Bird deal

- They were happy enough for us to sign a striker on deadline day

- Presumably Collins' injury is covered by insurance

So, WHAT exactly is the EFL's problem with this? Other than to blatantly screw us over one last time while they can?

5 minutes ago, StaffsRam said:

If it is blocked by the clowns at the EFL then I'd be demanding a full rationale as to why.

- We have whatever we got in the Bird deal

- They were happy enough for us to sign a striker on deadline day

- Presumably Collins' injury is covered by insurance

So, WHAT exactly is the EFL's problem with this? Other than to blatantly screw us over one last time while they can?

Maybe the last part?

2 hours ago, hintonsboots said:

The restrictions of the BP are in place for the rest of this season.  I think he wasn’t anticipating we would need to make any further signings this season but now that we do we need to comply with the BP.  He did say they had to agree the Nyambe deal with the EFL, which was a similar situation.

Otherwise, when it comes to the next window we can operate the same as any other club.  That’s my take on it anyway.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland