Max Bird - flew the coop to Bristol City, loaned to us to end of season

Arsene Titman

Whether it's a good deal or not, is the  personal abuse from fans more likely to:

A, make him work harder in his last few months? 

B, sour his memory of his time with the club and make him say f%£& the ungrateful turds, and wait out for his fresh start with minimal effort/risk required? 

Just now, bcnram said:

I am not a fan of selling a player and keeping him on loan. If we sell him, wish him well and let him go. It is different from loaning a player coming in, where they hopefully see it as an opportunity to impress.

But if it was Cashin, that Brighton bought him and loaned him back, would you change your tune? Cashin's attitude since the move fell through has been exemplary.

1 minute ago, Macintosh said:

But if it was Cashin, that Brighton bought him and loaned him back, would you change your tune? Cashin's attitude since the move fell through has been exemplary.

If we had have sold Cashin to Brighton I would have thought exactly the same. His attitude has been exemplary, he didn't go anywhere. Different situation. I have no issue with him leaving, he wants to play at a higher level, let him go and play there to be fair to him.

3 hours ago, bimmerman said:

f*** me give the kid a bit of respect

Stuck by the club when it was properly properly s***, could have done a Buchanon or a Byrne but didnt

Time for him to move on.. No problem with that, he's earned a move. Going to see out the season so that he doesn't leave the club in a tougher spot for the rest of the season and gives some money and time for Clowes to get him replaced, good on him. Best of luck and hope he gets a big pay rise! 

That's a lovely thought an' all, but none of us know.

He could have done a Bennett, and threatened to burn the place down... but he didn't! 🙄

Who's to say his loan back was his doing? 
"Dear Bristol, I'll sign for you just as long as you let me finish the season with my beloved Rams.  Take it or leave it".

That could just as easily be DCFC saying "OK Max, We'll let you go just as long as you finish this season with us.  Take it or leave it".

None of us know who's calling the shots on this loan back.  It could be all Max's doing.  It could be he had little to no choice!

All we do know is that Max didn't fancy extending/renewing his contract beyond this season (Which I believe he was offered one, no?)  Ergo, he'd rather leave.  That we do know.

22 minutes ago, norwichram said:

I haven’t enjoyed his football more than Rooney and roseniorball one bit!! 
I definitely haven’t enjoyed his interviews more either 

I didn’t say you had and I didn’t say most people had , which was kind of the point of the reply to the original poster🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Steadybreeze said:

Or The dutch bloke or Rowett, not much in the way of the 'Derby way over the last decade really!

At least Cocu gave us some hope for our future with excellent work bringing academy players through, rather than prioritising his own skin over the club's future.

At least Rowett gave us, errrm I dunno (these are stretches!)...  the spectacle of seeing the absolute best of Vydra, Huddlestone's homecoming and the signing of future Derby hero in Curtis Davies while trying to get promoted to the top league.

I'm glad though that we're getting somewhere to being on course toward "The Rotherham Way" under Warne.  

Edited by May Contain Nuts