Max Bird - flew the coop to Bristol City, loaned to us to end of season

Arsene Titman

10 minutes ago, bimmerman said:

f*** me give the kid a bit of respect

Stuck by the club when it was properly properly s***, could have done a Buchanon or a Byrne but didnt

Time for him to move on.. No problem with that, he's earned a move. Going to see out the season so that he doesn't leave the club in a tougher spot for the rest of the season and gives some money and time for Clowes to get him replaced, good on him. Best of luck and hope he gets a big pay rise! 

This.

13 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Probably a daft question and comes down to the resources of the two clubs, about which I know nothing, but I can't help wondering why Birdy hasn't gone to Hull? They're doing well, he liked playing Rosenior-ball and Liam liked and wanted to buy him. I hope if we decided to sell, the very least we did was tout Max around in the hope of more money and finding a better home for him. That he hasn't gone to Hull suggests we got a fee that was too good to turn down from Bristol City. Let's hope so anyway.

Hull don't need him, they've got Tyler Morton. (Although only on loan atm)

Edited by May Contain Nuts

21 minutes ago, inter politics said:

Why wouldn't he? He has got the move done already

No player will want to go to a new club with an injury he'll want to impress and be one of the first names on the team sheet. I wish him all the best just doesn't sit right with me I'd of rather we looked at a loan with something to prove.

3 minutes ago, YouRams said:

No player will want to go to a new club with an injury he'll want to impress and be one of the first names on the team sheet. I wish him all the best just doesn't sit right with me I'd of rather we looked at a loan with something to prove.

We potentially did if the links to the Liverpool lad are true. Could be we explored a couple of options first, then settled on a loan back as best for us.

I thought Max would have wanted to stay at Derby for most of his career but obviously not.

I do wish him well but I don’t want him back on loan as he’s taking others game time up.

I am very disappointed and the 2.5 Million is really poor for a player of his talent. 

I mean Bristol City ! 

He has had a tough experience in life and come through it to his credit .

He is my favorite Derby player so I’m really disappointed by this .

I don't understand what Bird's done wrong?

He had a contract, he doesn't want to sign a new one. He's got every right to choose what he wants to do. Stayed through the dark times and now he wants to play at a higher level. He has a manager who does not play to his strengths. Fair play to him. If people want to point fingers, go to the club for selling him at the last minute and causing a scene.

Edited by SSD