Max Bird - flew the coop to Bristol City, loaned to us to end of season

Arsene Titman

16 minutes ago, sage said:

He didn't want to commit till the end of the season

Bristol City...OK Max deal is done well done and thanks for your help...especially Committing to a loan contract with DCFC until the end of the season 😁

f*** me give the kid a bit of respect

Stuck by the club when it was properly properly s***, could have done a Buchanon or a Byrne but didnt

Time for him to move on.. No problem with that, he's earned a move. Going to see out the season so that he doesn't leave the club in a tougher spot for the rest of the season and gives some money and time for Clowes to get him replaced, good on him. Best of luck and hope he gets a big pay rise! 

Just now, REDCAR said:

My brother just sent a text;

”I was talking to a bloke at the gym who went out with him at xmas on the beers, he asked him if he wants to leave Derby, Bird said "yeah, I want to play for England " 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

More chance of Mendez-Laing playing for China than there is of Bird playing for England 🤣

13 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

You make that appear harsh... Childish even.

... and yet here I sit nodding in total agreement with you.

Yeah, players come and go.  I get that.  A straight forward transfer would have no complaints from me.  It's the loan back that niggles!
To be wearing The Ram after effectively saying "I don't want to wear The Ram anymore", makes me feel a tad nauseous, if I'm honest. 

I get he's a pro.  I get he'll "Still try his best whilst he's still here"... A bit like a lotto winner who has to serve a month's notice before heading off into the sunset... no way are they gonna be at the top of their game, for the duration!

I'll try not to boo him, but remember, he actually ain't one of ours any more, so meh!  

If he wants to go then don’t play for us. 
What’s the point .

Let the other midfielders have game time 

Probably a daft question and comes down to the resources of the two clubs, about which I know nothing, but I can't help wondering why Birdy hasn't gone to Hull? They're doing well, he liked playing Rosenior-ball and Liam liked and wanted to buy him. I hope if we decided to sell, the very least we did was tout Max around in the hope of more money and finding a better home for him. That he hasn't gone to Hull suggests we got a fee that was too good to turn down from Bristol City. Let's hope so anyway.