Max Bird - flew the coop to Bristol City, loaned to us to end of season

Arsene Titman

15 minutes ago, ramit said:

Warne has one job, to get us out of this league.

It doesn't have to be pretty.

Yeah gets us up with no squad to speak of and a fanbase who want him out before the season kicks off. I agree thats what were going for but much better to build like Ipswich, Sunderland, Plymouth etc.

Comes to summat when you go to games dreading going up 🙂

Not surprised he has been sold but also disappointed that he wanted to be sold - fully expect him to continue to try for us and he has stuck by with us through all we have been through. Surprised he didn’t wait to see who wanted him in the summer but he clearly doesn’t want to wait around and play for Warne any longer than this season and I don’t blame him. No offence to Bristol city but it’s always disappointing to lose a player but we lose money every week whilst Bristol lose £500,000 a month 

7 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

5 goals in over 160 appearances, would have expected him to have kicked on by now. If he goes, and the fee is reasonable, please spend it wisely PW, not on another over the hill journeyman with no resale value

why judge bird on how many goals he's scored? He has spent nearly all his career as a CDM

Bird has been a good servant to Derby, but lets be honest he has had a average season, glad we have kept Cashin, and Ashton gate rocks less than PP lol. Never seen more than 800 Bristol City away fans at PP either. But time will tell if Bird has flown the nest to soon. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

34 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Birds comment "Ashton Gate is a great stadium and it's always rocking" is it really? Is that a dig at our fans because we are not whilst being under warne? Paul warne has sucked the life out off our fan base! But its fine we are winning games. 

Why is he back here then. He'll be as useful as Plange was when he got a move.  Quite nauseating really.  Take your Robins scarf and feck off.

Think Bird's an idiot for moving to Bristol City but there you go. Bristol aren't going anywhere in the championship, have a mountain of debt they need to move and is the less passionate fanbase in a city with a league 1 team... I don't see them getting promoted unless it's a luton scenario and that's pretty rare these days. I'd understand it more if it was a coventry for instance. 

I think this kind of shows where we are as a club right now which is quite depressing. Our inability to sign a striker is really depressing and it is yet another disappointing transfer window. I understand we can't pay fees upfront or big wages but the stature of the club and the position should be enough for us to get a striker or 2 through the door at this level. We're the only ones who can boast of averaging 25,000+ in the third tier, sitting in the playoffs, and will still have a bigger wage budget than 90% of teams at this level. If this doesn't equate to bodies coming through the door when we need them then something is going wrong.

Currently Bristol City are a bigger and better prospect for players than us. 

They’re building a young decent side to have a crack at the play offs. 

All you who think if we do manage to scrape up this season we’ll be aiming for play offs next season are in absolute dream land. 

we’ll be avoiding relegation with all our might. 

We really need to get this ‘we’re bigger than Bristol’ out our head because currently and for the foreseeable we clearly are not. They are in the division above, about as mid table as you can get with a good mix of a squad with a young highly regarded manager. Granted they’re not the next big thing that will come out the championship but we are present are miles behind them. Bird had stagnated at Derby and probably stayed too long resulting in us receiving a lower fee, 🤔 sounds familiar. Bird was never going to be our Bannan and run games to drag us out the league. He looked average more often than not and had he not come through the academy the feeling would be different. We went through tough times together but the time is right for all parties to move on. 

5 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Currently Bristol City are a bigger and better prospect for players than us. 

They’re building a young decent side to have a crack at the play offs. 

All you who think if we do manage to scrape up this season we’ll be aiming for play offs next season are in absolute dream land. 

we’ll be avoiding relegation with all our might. 

Correct but in 3 years time we will once again be bigger than Bristol city. 
All I care about is the fee we got for him is it worth it? 
horrihane is the problem in our midfield not Max. 
Selling one of our own who is better than we have replaced him with is not a blueprint to success. 

1 minute ago, WestLondonRam said:

Correct but in 3 years time we will once again be bigger than Bristol city. 
All I care about is the fee we got for him is it worth it? 
horrihane is the problem in our midfield not Max. 
Selling one of our own who is better than we have replaced him with is not a blueprint to success. 

But that’s 3 years of him stagnating with us. He would be no better than he is now, I’d snap your hand off to be a mid table Championship team in that time. I wouldnt say him or Hourihane are the problem in isolation the problem is the balance when they play together as neither can put a tackle in and neither are mobile enough. Hopefully with Adams in there doing the dirty side of the game one or both of them will be relived of the defensive side of the game that neither are capable of doing.