Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

15 hours ago, Rich3478 said:

Ground it out

Well known football argot for "not deserved" (along with "hard fought" "gritty" "professional" "great fight/resilience/character/defending" "winning when not at one's best" etc.)

25 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Well known football argot for "not deserved" (along with "hard fought" "gritty" "professional" "great fight/resilience/character/defending" "winning when not at one's best" etc.)

I’ll give you a smiley face response as I assume you’re joking (with your generalisations. I can’t comment on yesterday’s game as I wasn’t there).

Edited by Tamworthram

1 hour ago, ap04 said:

It was an awful game being honest!

1 hour ago, HorsforthRam said:

Any views on how we were so overrun for that 20 min spell after halftime? (They really should have equalised with one chance in particular but otherwise the defence stood up but we couldn’t keep possession). How could we sort that?

We did sort it out, they didn't score and didn't dominate after the 20 minutes. 

2 minutes ago, ossieram said:

We did sort it out, they didn't score and didn't dominate after the 20 minutes. 

That’s a view. Not sure what we did differently that’s all. Maybe they went for it in that spell and “gassed out” 🤷🏽‍♂️