Charlton Athletic v Derby - Match Day Thread

50 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

his throw ins alone are better than most of our corners. 

It’s lucky for us his punishment is over. Anyone know what Wildsmith is being punished for ?

Having a contract where his salary goes up when he's played a certain amount of games, or not being an ex-Rotherham player?

4 minutes ago, SSD said:

Amazing what one player can do for a team. Adams had one of the best debuts I have seen for a long time. What a monster of a player in the middle. He's not afraid of getting stuck in.

Great to hear, without doubt the weakest area of the team, hopefully see the best of Bird now, I’d just like to see Fornah replace Hourihane in the side.

Good interviews today i thought 👍😎

Well, we know that Wardy likes the word ‘massive’ 😂

PW really upbeat- strange response initially , though, when asked to comment on the away support….

Charlton weren’t great but credit to a few players who have taken a bit of stick recently - Bradley looked much better, Wardy did well despite being out of the team for so long and Collo once again worked tirelessly. Bird looked a different player. Badge thumping when we scored- interesting. Think it will have put a few people’s mind to rest about his ongoing commitment to DCFC- PW also mentioned that which makes me think they’ve picked up on the comments of some fans…. Hopefully now put that matter to bed 👍

I suspect NML will be out for at least a couple of weeks so we need CBT back to 100%.

Intrigued what PW will now do with Nyambe back and when Fozzy is fit again. Back 4 with those back in it makes us very strong but we know he likes a back three with WBs ….

35 minutes ago, Eatonram said:

Just listened to the Gaffers post match interview. Really honest and thoughtful. He clearly cares for his players and loves the Club. Well done Paul and thanks for all you are doing to get promotion despite the wrist slashers constant carping and sniping, mainly from Sunday league arm chair experts. 

But what has he got in that enormous rucksack ( apart from 3 massive points)?

1 hour ago, rainram said:

I see Barkhausen got light bulbed, was it because he was poor? I don't think he has been great recently. I hope NML's injury is not serious, we are sure to need him and Corey Blackett-Taylor at the creative top of the pitch.

Hes a poor player, willing.. but poor fully expect him to get phased out 

i see first choice when fit will be NML and CBT.

that said sqaud game and all that

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

his throw ins alone are better than most of our corners. 

It’s lucky for us his punishment is over. Anyone know what Wildsmith is being punished for ?

Another one who won’t sign a contract and wants out, I hear. You won’t see him in a Derby shirt again.