Finance

angieram

I remain struck by how Kirchner wasn't going to buy the stadium, so Clowes was going instead having to fork out the other £50million+. I'm glad the stadium deal, which had become such a complicated part of the whole financials with MM buying it off the club previously, ended up not being a stumbling block here. 

So much unusual expense in these initial accounts, but it looks as though DC has done an amazing initial job of stabilizing the club, while keeping us competitive at the level we find ourselves. Forever grateful.

To my untrained eye the ‘headline’ of losing £6.8m in 9 months doesn’t sound good. Don’t understand a lot of what has been written in this thread, but am I to take it that it’s not something to worry unduly about and is the club able to be run sustainably (ie not run up similar losses on an on-going basis - is this figure a symptom of the takeover/admin and not how just how ridiculously stupidly expensive it is to run a football club!?)

There is a lot going on in these accounts and it is only 9 months but it's probably reasonable to say that with our wage bill that high (in L1 terms) we are not sustainable unless the owner bankrolls the club and covers the losses. That's something worth considering when we spent half the season moaning that we did not buy Peterborough's reserve striker. Clowes is indeed a saint! 

12 minutes ago, LazloW said:

To my untrained eye the ‘headline’ of losing £6.8m in 9 months doesn’t sound good. Don’t understand a lot of what has been written in this thread, but am I to take it that it’s not something to worry unduly about and is the club able to be run sustainably (ie not run up similar losses on an on-going basis - is this figure a symptom of the takeover/admin and not how just how ridiculously stupidly expensive it is to run a football club!?)

Historical agent fees. Bielik - are Birmingham covering his 35k wage or were we/are we possibly covering part.  1.5 million to Arsenal.  1.4 mil to Poznan for Jozwiak.  Maintenance to the ground/ pitch with little previous maintenance other than legal requirements for a year, with fees up front for future maintenance rather than rolling. Common for a lot of businesses after admin.  No shirt sponser.  Limited corporate functions.  ?

Quite a lot of historical/re-launching overheads I'd imagine.

Edited by Gee SCREAMER !!

7 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

image.thumb.png.67676abefa508499a4ef9426fbd29e42.png

Imagine if Mel had claimed money as a creditor, we definitely wouldn't exist now.

What a complete load of tripe. 

MM may have been owed money from Sevco/Gellaw but I'm not aware of any documents that show he was owed in excess of £200m by the club.

@The Baronwould you like to qualify this comment and explain where you got your figures from?

16 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

But I presume now that the EFL have prescribed their player valuation rules, and that Jason Knight was home grown, his value in those accounts would be very low.

Nothing to do with the EFL, a player that has no cost will have no value in the accounts. 

12 hours ago, Malty said:

An alternative is that certain contracts were revalued during the acquisition

The club purchase was an acquisition of assets not shares I believe which presumably allows revaluation ? 

Rental agreed under the stadium lease between the club and 202 would determine how losses are shared between the two companies 

46 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

The club purchase was an acquisition of assets not shares I believe which presumably allows revaluation ? 

Rental agreed under the stadium lease between the club and 202 would determine how losses are shared between the two companies 

The assets are worth whatever was paid for them. The valuation of those assets doesn’t have to be what was on the books of the previous company. However, the accounting policy on the valuation of a player via the length left on a contract might be similar to that on the previous company. 

The intangible asset here is possibly Bieliks contract. However this asset, in my view should have been significantly impaired. The carrying value which I’m assuming is around £2m seems too big especially given that he was later moved on to Birmingham at a price much less than £2m. So there must be other players within that valuation.

We just need more detail, we’re just guessing here.

16 minutes ago, Malty said:

The assets are worth whatever was paid for them. The valuation of those assets doesn’t have to be what was on the books of the previous company. However, the accounting policy on the valuation of a player via the length left on a contract might be similar to that on the previous company. 

The intangible asset here is possibly Bieliks contract. However this asset, in my view should have been significantly impaired. The carrying value which I’m assuming is around £2m seems too big especially given that he was later moved on to Birmingham at a price much less than £2m. So there must be other players within that valuation.

We just need more detail, we’re just guessing here.

The EFL wanted us to use straight line amortisation without any pre-approved gimmicks (such as impairment), even if it's a commonly used policy.

At the start of last season, Bielik's book value would have been c£3m.

10 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

I remain struck by how Kirchner wasn't going to buy the stadium, so Clowes was going instead having to fork out the other £50million+. I'm glad the stadium deal, which had become such a complicated part of the whole financials with MM buying it off the club previously, ended up not being a stumbling block here. 

So much unusual expense in these initial accounts, but it looks as though DC has done an amazing initial job of stabilizing the club, while keeping us competitive at the level we find ourselves. Forever grateful.

I remain struck by how anyone with an informed view on the situation at the time believed a word that chancer said.

Fans I can forgive, we didn't have possession of the full facts and were simply desperate for our club to survive.

The EFL, Quantuma and Rooney all knew more than we did and still got suckered in. Shameful really.

Can't explain how little strength I have for this.

I'm going to bury my head in the sand and trust my lord and saviour David Clowes.

Squeeze every fraction of a point out of every pound DC. COYR.

17 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Keiron Maguire is a horrible b****** who hates Derby. He was the reason that the mardy Bamford from Middlesbrough threatened the EFL  and forced them to take action against us even though we hadn't broken the rules at that time.

I don't think he hates Derby, I think he's a guy that relies on engagement to push his content and he knows that stories involving Derby help to do that.

He's a leech. I doubt it's anything personal, it's just business to him.

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I don't think he hates Derby, I think he's a guy that relies on engagement to push his content and he knows that stories involving Derby help to do that.

He's a leech. I doubt it's anything personal, it's just business to him.

He signed up to this forum just so he could infiltrate us and create division. He went after Mel Morris which was fair enough but he wanted to destroy Derby and put us out of business. He let his hatred of Mel want to kill our football club.

Absolute b******. Every Derby fan should treat this Bamford as an enemy of our club.

Just now, uttoxram75 said:

He signed up to this forum just so he could infiltrate us and create division. He went after Mel Morris which was fair enough but he wanted to destroy Derby and put us out of business. He let his hatred of Mel want to kill our football club.

Absolute b******. Every Derby fan should treat this Bamford as an enemy of our club.

I'm no fan of his by any stretch, but I don't think there was some "I hate Derby and want them gone" style thinking. He just spotted a story/angle with a club that he knows will make headlines and pushed it as hard as he could. 

I think he's guilty of being a click chasing leech, not of wanting us to cease to exist.

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm no fan of his by any stretch, but I don't think there was some "I hate Derby and want them gone" style thinking. He just spotted a story/angle with a club that he knows will make headlines and pushed it as hard as he could. 

I think he's guilty of being a click chasing leech, not of wanting us to cease to exist.

He wanted us dead. Complete w*****.