Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

21 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Didn’t see much solidarity in our darkest hour, Blackpool aside. Were any other club supporter groups supportive when admin loomed at PP? 

Most other sets of fans were "experts" on our problems, and had made their own judgement based on their own lack of information. Plenty of Derby fans found the whole thing impossible to follow.

A few were supportive online, but we weren't exactly widely supported in the same fashion as say Bury.

On the terraces, I fully expect fans to sing whatever they think will wind us up. It's football, so I'd not use that as a barometer of anything.

22 minutes ago, Poynton ram said:

Didn’t see much solidarity in our darkest hour, Blackpool aside. Were any other club supporter groups supportive when admin loomed at PP? 

Yes, they were actually - and numerous fans from clubs across the UK came to the march and subsequent sell out game against Birmingham at Pride Park. Putting hard cash in our coffers when we needed it.

And supporting initiatives like the one to pay back St John's Ambulance when they lost out in our administration. 

I can understand people who hear chants from a small vocal minority of supporters at games taking umbrage, but this isn't about them, or the Club, it's about those patient fans who put in the hard yards -  year in, year out -  following their club. 

I feel their pain, and tbf, I think B4 would do too, given how anguished he was when we were in the same situation.

Some things are more fundamental than fan rivalry.

3 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

Remember when we all threw our toys out the pram and got games abandoned when we almost died?

Oh wait no, we didn't do that because what's the point ruining games for the other set of travelling fans.

Huge sympathy with Reading fans but totally agree regarding respecting other fans.

EFL should have either given points to Port Vale or declared all home games to be played behind closed doors until further notice........which would hit the owner in the pocket. They need to take action to try to ensure further games aren't abandoned - knowing in advance that an invasion will gift 3 points to Derby would be some sort of deterrent.

I'm not going on Tues but I'm concerned there could be a wasted journey for those who do.

I think happy clapping tomorrow on the 16th minute will simply embolden Reading fans to disrupt the game on Tues.....I won't be joining in.

6 minutes ago, Ian Buxton's Bat said:

Huge sympathy with Reading fans but totally agree regarding respecting other fans.

EFL should have either given points to Port Vale or declared all home games to be played behind closed doors until further notice........which would hit the owner in the pocket. They need to take action to try to ensure further games aren't abandoned - knowing in advance that an invasion will gift 3 points to Derby would be some sort of deterrent.

I'm not going on Tues but I'm concerned there could be a wasted journey for those who do.

I think happy clapping tomorrow on the 16th minute will simply embolden Reading fans to disrupt the game on Tues.....I won't be joining in.

I must admit that I think Derby's approach was much more positive in garnering support, those lads who organised the march were tremendous. And it would be easier for Derby fans to support a demonstration at Reading pre or post match rather than another pitch invasion. I will be at the match and will be very disgruntled if that happens! 

But an out of match protest would get little or no coverage in the mainstream media and they are in a very different situation to us. The worst had already happened to us, whereas they are trying to get their owner to do something about the dreadful situation he has put the club in.

The EFL won't currently help this situation whatever they do because the way things are set up they are part of the problem. Their range of sanctions only hits the club and more importantly their supporters harder, as we find out to our cost only too recently.

Change is needed at the very top. 

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Yes, they were actually - and numerous fans from clubs across the UK came to the march and subsequent sell out game against Birmingham at Pride Park. Putting hard cash in our coffers when we needed it.

And supporting initiatives like the one to pay back St John's Ambulance when they lost out in our administration. 

I can understand people who hear chants from a small vocal minority of supporters at games taking umbrage, but this isn't about them, or the Club, it's about those patient fans who put in the hard yards -  year in, year out -  following their club. 

I feel their pain, and tbf, I think B4 would do too, given how anguished he was when we were in the same situation.

Hear! Hear! @angieram

1 hour ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Wildsmith
Wilson  Nelson  Cashin  Elder
          Bird  Hourihane
   NML  Sibley  Barkhuizen
             John-Jules

Purely because I think Sibbo and TJJ could make an exciting attacking partnership and when better to try it out than against a team low on confidence.

So you're dropping our top scorer & in form striker with 4 goals in the last 3 league games, in a difficult away game?

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Once clubs start disappearing there's a danger that people will accept the loss of clubs as inevitable and will not put up a fight. We don't want to lose even our main rivals such as Leeds, or those others from down the A52,  the loss of one club reduces English football as a whole.

2 hours ago, Poynton ram said:

I hope Reading come out of this ok, for the sake of the real fans. As to the yobs (that all clubs have)  that were drooling with delight while we were under the EFL cosh ? Do one.

I won’t be clapping on any minute. I will be thinking, I wonder if the EFL will apply the same vindictiveness that we were visited with. 

I must admit that I think Derby's approach was much more positive in garnering support, those lads who organised the march were tremendous. And it would be easier for Derby fans to support a demonstration at Reading pre or post match rather than another pitch invasion. I will be at the match and will be very disgruntled if that happens! 

But an out of match protest would get little or no coverage in the mainstream media and they are in a very different situation to us. The worst had already happened to us, whereas they are trying to get their owner to do something about the dreadful situation he has put the club in.

The EFL won't currently help this situation whatever they do because the way things are set up they are part of the problem. Their range of sanctions only hits the club and more importantly their supporters harder, as we find out to our cost only too recently.

On the contrary, the EFL have bent over backwards to help them, totally opposite to what they did with us.

The EFL can't do anything to help really. Reading will only be saved when the owner is no longer the owner. He's not going to sell up, the EFL can't legally take the club off him, so they need to 'encourage' him to put them into administration - essentially find a sanction or two which make them sell all players of value.

Honestly, I can't see a scenario where they're in the EFL in 25/26.

10 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

On the contrary, the EFL have bent over backwards to help them, totally opposite to what they did with us.

Remember when they took more points off us than they did to them for doing the same thing?

I understand part of that was us accepting the charges to allow a sale to go through, and Quantuma being absolutely useless. But still. Shambles.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

The EFL can't do anything to help really. Reading will only be saved when the owner is no longer the owner. He's not going to sell up, the EFL can't legally take the club off him, so they need to 'encourage' him to put them into administration - essentially find a sanction or two which make them sell all players of value.

Honestly, I can't see a scenario where they're in the EFL in 25/26.

But at least the EFL are actively trying to help the club to do something, where with us they basically said it’s not our problem and left us to the mercy of the gruesome twosome at Middlesbrough and Wycombe.

18 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Maybe they are learning? 

I don't think it has helped Reading, tbh, because it has let their owner wriggle off the hook repeatedly.

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

So you're dropping our top scorer & in form striker with 4 goals in the last 3 league games, in a difficult away game?

I'm giving TJJ more game time and trying an alternative partnership against a team with poor recent form. It's not like Collo wouldn't be able to come off the bench if it doesn't work in the first 45 🤷‍♂️

23 minutes ago, angieram said:

Maybe they are learning? 

I don't think it has helped Reading, tbh, because it has let their owner wriggle off the hook repeatedly.

Learning or realising the spotlight is on them.

As GoC said there is very little they can do to the owner personally without damaging the club when most of the time they are up against Company law, but at least they are trying. Did you ever feel that was the case with us.

7 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

Learning or realising the spotlight is on them.

As GoC said there is very little they can do to the owner personally without damaging the club when most of the time they are up against Company law, but at least they are trying. Did you ever feel that was the case with us.

No, not really. But I think the way they were with Bury, us, Wigan are the main reasons that the Government recognised that change is needed.

At least we survived, and are flourishing.

6 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry, back to the match.

Does anyone else think the latest update is a little less positive than the earlier one?

Definitely, in this day and age of heightened health and safety, if there is even minimal danger of player safety then it will get postponed. When was the last time a game was played with an orange ball? Early 1980s?