Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

10 hours ago, StevenageRam said:

So Lincoln have  terrible home form at the moment. Enter DCFC, we know what happens next......

I have to point out to Derby County that their beer is getting lukewarm, we've been holding it for so long!

Edited by DavesaRam

Derby win to go top. That's my prediction, but can only happen if Pompey drop points to Fleetwood. If they do, surely their bubble has burst.

I don't expect a classic, or an easy game. Lincoln were playing some great football not too long ago. They've beaten Wycombe and Blackpool comfortably at home, albeit in August.

If anyone is travelling to Lincoln, the Magna Carta pub by the castle does an AMAZING pint of pedigree, and the olivares tapas place next door do fantastic food. Not sure on away fan policy.

On 16/01/2024 at 11:51, YorkshireRam said:

This is it. Was tempted to go with Sibley over Elder but you're right we need to give Elder the gametime to improve. I'd definitely have Fornah on the bench if he's fit though, probably over Robinson?

Get more minutes into Fornah now and imo we’ll benefit towards the end of the season 

11 hours ago, oodledoodle said:

Derby win to go top. That's my prediction, but can only happen if Pompey drop points to Fleetwood. If they do, surely their bubble has burst.

I don't expect a classic, or an easy game. Lincoln were playing some great football not too long ago. They've beaten Wycombe and Blackpool comfortably at home, albeit in August.

If anyone is travelling to Lincoln, the Magna Carta pub by the castle does an AMAZING pint of pedigree, and the olivares tapas place next door do fantastic food. Not sure on away fan policy.

I'd say 5 points from 5 games is pretty conclusive in terms of punctured inflatables......

On 16/01/2024 at 12:53, Ellafella said:

Form table below: 👇 

IMG_5968.jpeg

Bolton have Leyton orient so won't be an easy game for them going off this table, definitely a chance for another 3 points! 

We actually play better away as they try to come at us more and it plays into our style of play

I don’t know how to phrase or suggest this without seeming like I’m trying to damn with faint praise or imply a negative that could still come right/bear fruit, but…

Sibley? As our Lynchpin attacking threat..

I started this season with that feeling I usually get with a couple of players every season and that’s: give him a run of 10 games and he’ll come good/light up/become the messiah/save the day etc

I feel like that moments passed for me for Sibs. I know he’s not had a consistent run in a specific role, but, he’s not shown enough. I kinda see why he’s not the first name on the team sheet. Whereas before I was just hoping he would grow in confidence game by game and become our mbappe or something. 
feels like the dream has died, for me at least anyway. 

however - his best (and most consistent) spell was arguably at left back and now he has a chance to light it up there

i see why we can’t just drop elder after one average game where he dropped a massive clanger. But maybe Sibley is the left back we’ve been waiting for? 
Fozzys true heir??

I dunno 

it’s Wednesday and I’m drinking rhubarb gin

We don't have options up front, so I'd expect the same lineup as against Burton. Sibley is the only one who might come in, but I'm not sure who he would replace: Elder, Barks, or TJJ. 

Even though in the long run I hope some from the coaching eventually realize Sibbo's best position will be RW. Just make him watch tons of games from Robben.

48 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Just make him watch tons of games from Robben.

Likewise I'd love to see him flourish but can't see it.

I do see the whole 'inverted' winger idea, using the outside of his left and driving towards goal. Robben didn't really have a trick either....BUT he had terrifying lightening pace. Sibley doesn't....

I don't think his crossing or ability to beat his man is good enough for left wing though. 

When we desperately needed that goal against Burton we kept recycling to NML out wide, and his ability to beat his man, go either way and shoot or cross was crucial. We need someone else who can do that. Sibley feels a bit pedestrian and predictable at times. 

1 hour ago, Dimmu said:

We don't have options up front, so I'd expect the same lineup as against Burton. Sibley is the only one who might come in, but I'm not sure who he would replace: Elder, Barks, or TJJ. 

Even though in the long run I hope some from the coaching eventually realize Sibbo's best position will be RW. Just make him watch tons of games from Robben.

I strongly suspect Sibbo for Elder. Sibbo shored up the left when he came on the other night. Elder will need support & careful rehab following his mistake; he’s clearly too much of a risk for this week’s game. 

10 hours ago, Stripperg-ram said:

I don’t know how to phrase or suggest this without seeming like I’m trying to damn with faint praise or imply a negative that could still come right/bear fruit, but…

Sibley? As our Lynchpin attacking threat..

I started this season with that feeling I usually get with a couple of players every season and that’s: give him a run of 10 games and he’ll come good/light up/become the messiah/save the day etc

I feel like that moments passed for me for Sibs. I know he’s not had a consistent run in a specific role, but, he’s not shown enough. I kinda see why he’s not the first name on the team sheet. Whereas before I was just hoping he would grow in confidence game by game and become our mbappe or something. 
feels like the dream has died, for me at least anyway. 

however - his best (and most consistent) spell was arguably at left back and now he has a chance to light it up there

i see why we can’t just drop elder after one average game where he dropped a massive clanger. But maybe Sibley is the left back we’ve been waiting for? 
Fozzys true heir??

I dunno 

it’s Wednesday and I’m drinking rhubarb gin

Think you’ve had a drop too much. Don’t think he is anywhere near strong enough defensively, particularly away from home against some of the stronger sides. Can see bookings and sendings off.

30 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Think you’ve had a drop too much. Don’t think he is anywhere near strong enough defensively, particularly away from home against some of the stronger sides. Can see bookings and sendings off.

He played the full 90 at LB against teams such as Portsmouth, Sheff Weds, Bolton and Charlton last season and only got 1 yellow. 78 minutes against Barnsley (no booking) too. 1 red card in professional football and that was rescinded.