Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

Didn’t realise I was in the reading vs the EFL thread 🤔

for anyone coming to the lovely city of Lincoln (I have to say that… I live here) who want a drink or five, the anchor pub on the way from the train station is a definite no and I wouldn’t advise the ritz Wetherspoons either.

every where else should be pretty accommodating, the square sail Wetherspoons on the brayford is a good one for cheap and cheerful. It’s 10 minutes in the opposite direction but I highly recommend the cardinals hat. 

if anyone has any questions for food/drink I’ll be happy to advise. 

Up the rams! 🐏

33 minutes ago, angieram said:

Sorry, back to the match.

Does anyone else think the latest update is a little less positive than the earlier one?

I think they have been refreshingly honest and upfront, in their earlier update they said they wanted to get the pitch in a playable position by 5pm today. It doesn’t look as if this was quite achieved but hopefully the fact that they will be working on it all night will help. The last line said they were confident which they didn’t need to say if they weren’t.🤞🏻

4 hours ago, Foreveram said:

The applause is on the 16th not 18th minute, but I can’t remember what it’s for 🙄

It's possibly applause in support of the tremendous applause during a previous match at some or other EFL ground, in the 16th or it might have been 18th minute 😉

34 minutes ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Ian Hall goal scorer. Was he the former radio Derby guy from 90’s?

Yes, but he played in more cricket fixtures for Derbyshire than he played football. I belive he also authored some Derby County related books (unless it was a different Ian Hall)

2 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Fee like this is a bit of a banana skin. In comparison to some of our other fixtures this month anyway. 

It'd be a potential banana skin even if the pitch hadn't been frozen for the past week.

Can we buy JJ some good old fashioned boots with studs please?