Lincoln v Derby match day thread.

Boycie

21 minutes ago, tombomb said:

No plan b, everytime we went wide they had 3 defenders closing down. They have no idea how to play through the middle anymore. It’s been completely coached out of them. 

No plan A, plan b way way out the windown

Just now, Jubbs said:

Lucky to have played an average side, a side any better would've beat us with ease today. We've been poor for a few weeks now and luckily for us it's been when we're playing poor sides. The midfield just doesn't work in my opinion. 

An average side who played out of their skins. I guarantee Lincoln fans will regard that as their best performance of the season by a country mile. Most of their chances even then came from a striker out-running Cashin, which few strikers have done this season. A better side might have tried to play like the home team, and we might well have picked them off like we have so many teams, but we should congratulate the Lincoln manager on his tactics and their players on the execution of his plan.

18 minutes ago, MaltRam said:

Didn't lose in a game that will not live long in the memory. A lot of season left and there will be highs and lows. We're on a run 10W 2D 1L.

Anyone moaning at that needs to give their head a wobble.

Watching that sh*t you need your head wobbling could of lost 3-0/4-0 easily. Achually watch the proformances 

5 minutes ago, Jubbs said:

Lucky to have played an average side, a side any better would've beat us with ease today. We've been poor for a few weeks now and luckily for us it's been when we're playing poor sides. The midfield just doesn't work in my opinion. 

I expect Lincoln fans will be saying lucky to have caught Derby on an off day, on another those 1st half chances would have put them 2 up,  the amount of corners they couldn't get in the mix was criminal and those 3 long range efforts could easily have crept inside the post.... and I've never seen anyone get the better of Cashin like Taylor managed whoch keot us with a hit of hope, not many teams will have that opportunity again.

It was an off day individually and collectively but still got a point from a decent upper mid table team that embarrassed us at their grd last year 

30 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Why does it? Portsmouth, Bolton and Posh have all drawn and lost games this season, do you think after each of those results they’ve decided top 2 is beyond them? Nothing is decided today. 

We had a below par performance with a passable result. Take the point and move on. Still plenty of points to be gained before the season ends and as it stands we’re 3 points off Portsmouth with a game in hand.

It came across negative you see other post I back Warne and try not to be negative but that just shouted to me we haven’t enough atm, we will strengthen I know we will just at that performance and others we’ve had we aren’t top 2 material atm

3 minutes ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Watching that sh*t you need your head wobbling could of lost 3-0/4-0 easily. Achually watch the proformances 

But we didn't though? That's like saying if we didn't concede last gasp goals against Portsmouth, Wycombe and Peterborough we'd be 3 points clear of second with a game in hand. It's pointless criticising the team with hypothetical situations that didn't happen.

I think today showed we're lacking depth - not surprising when we have a whole bench worth of players unavailable: Rooney, Nyambe, Forsyth, Fornah, Smith, Waghorn, and Washington. Blackett-Taylor and a centre forward to add to the mix too.

With a full squad available, we would have freshened up our front line today, which would have carried us over the line. The important thing is we keep picking up points and stay within touching distance of the top 2. We'll then regain consistency when more players are back.

6 minutes ago, Jortat said:

I thought that was a really good game and we looked good in the second half .

A decent point and we go onto Tuesday. There are a ton of games to go and we are right in the mix.

Lets move into Tuesday with a win 🤞🐏

With a draw I think you mean 😊

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

But we didn't though? That's like saying if we didn't concede last gasp goals against Portsmouth, Wycombe and Peterborough we'd be 3 points clear of second with a game in hand. It's pointless criticising the team with hypothetical situations that didn't happen.

We created 0 clear cut chances, they had 5 or 6. People talk about corners we had 3 in the first 3 minutes and 2 came from poor delieveries. Also its ifs and buts, the buts did happen and we are not 3 points clear any team could say if and buts 

Just now, Ghost of Clough said:

I think today showed we're lacking depth - not surprising when we have a whole bench worth of players unavailable: Rooney, Nyambe, Forsyth, Fornah, Smith, Waghorn, and Washington. Blackett-Taylor and a centre forward to add to the mix too.

With a full squad available, we would have freshened up our front line today, which would have carried us over the line. The important thing is we keep picking up points and stay within touching distance of the top 2. We'll then regain consistency when more players are back.

One criticism I would have of today is that why have players like Brown on the bench if you aren't going to chuck him on to try and get a goal. Just off the back of scoring 5 in one game, whatever standard that is, he's going to be full of confidence. Sometimes there's games like today where you just need one to go in off someone's backside, so he'd have been a good backside for it to go in off.

Just now, Dcfcsr92 said:

We created 0 clear cut chances, they had 5 or 6. People talk about corners we had 3 in the first 3 minutes and 2 came from poor delieveries. Also its ifs and buts, the buts did happen and we are not 3 points clear any team could say if and buts 

That's my point. Your post was based around ifs and buts. I don't think we win 32 points by being awful, just because one side had more clear cut chances in a game that finished 0-0 than us doesn't mean that it's season over.

Just now, Mick Brolly said:

Tantrum over a 0-0 away in a game that could have gone either way and leaves us 3 points off top spot in January 

Mick if you had played in a game of that proformance would you have been happy?  There professionals and didnt turn up so ....